PDA

View Full Version : Is It Good News Or Are They Trying To Tell Me Something????

tsquared
04-16-2003, 06:50 PM
I keep getting these emails from AARP and i'm only 37.....how on earth can they know how i feel....lol
Maybe they know more that my hairdresser?????
Do you think it could be a conspiracy or just an OLD JOKE......hee hee

cpbaby
04-16-2003, 07:06 PM
I get them too and Im only 34. I signed my husband up for AARP last week though, so now I get to pack my own AARP card. :D

tsquared
04-16-2003, 07:09 PM
i thought u had to be over the hill and through the woods before you could join AARP??????.......still think it is a conspiracy by the Martians

Donnagg123
04-16-2003, 07:10 PM
Man, one time my BIL wanted to know more information about colonial penn life insurance for his mother. So he sent for some information and they sent it in my BIL's name but with his mothers birthday (he is only in his 30's). He no longer wanted information about it so he sent a thing back saying he did not want to recieve anymore info about it and they still kept sending it. So he called them and said look, I am NOT 65 I am only in my 30's PLEASE stop sending me this information. They still kept sending it. He has called like a dozen times and they STILL keep sending it. Some companies just don't get the message...either that or they are trying to send us to early retirement, LOL :)

cpbaby
04-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
i thought u had to be over the hill and through the woods before you could join AARP??????.......still think it is a conspiracy by the Martians

Oh you do. And he is. My DH will be 59 in two weeks. I get a card of my own cause I am his spouse. I have my own AARP card with my name on it and my mom doesnt. She didnt know spouses could get a card even if they werent over age 50.

janelle
04-16-2003, 07:35 PM
I thought they only came after ya when you were going on fifty. That's what happened to me. So depressing with AARP in your mailbox every week. Now they want to sign you up at 37? Just tear it up and send it back in the envelope they sent you. We do that but we don't agree with their medical program. lol :p :p

stresseater
04-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I had to cry the other day when I got a big old envelope with Willford Brimely on it.:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm only 33. Then a few days later I got a menepause survival kit in the mail.:eek: :eek: :eek: Shouldn't they give those survival kits to the men anyways.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D

tsquared
04-17-2003, 03:52 AM
i think the men should have a survival kit once a month from you women....lol...hee hee

ldavern
04-17-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by tsquared
i think the men should have a survival kit once a month from you women....lol...hee hee
They already have one,, it's called mahogany ridge and it comes with a comfy little bar stool.. ;) ;) :D :D

MistyWolf
04-17-2003, 07:29 AM
LOL @ ldavern .. And I get AARP stuff all the time and I am only 36 .. they want me to join .. I probably won't join when I am 56 .. lol.

sadie01
04-17-2003, 09:26 AM
I have been getting things from the AARP since i was 25!! I am 27 now, and still getting things! My problem I think is because my father and I have almost the same name, his is Daniel, i'm Danielle... Who knows, glad im not the only one now!! LOL Wonder if I could cash in on the restaurant & hotel discounts

Ghetto_Gurl
04-17-2003, 09:37 AM
try it sadie never know!

sadie01
04-17-2003, 09:52 AM
MIGHT JUST DO THAT IN NEW ORLEANS AND IN THA BURGH THIS SUMMER..lol... i COULD JUST SAY I HAD A GOOD DOCTOR

denisemm
04-17-2003, 08:16 PM
HEY, QUIET DOWN OLD MAN!

ldavern
04-17-2003, 08:30 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) For being such an old person and a man:D :D :D :D ;)

tsquared
04-18-2003, 10:17 AM
I must warn........there are parts of me that are not old, but very well experienced.......SO THERE!!!!!