PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen "The Ring"???

Talanco
04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
That movie scared the hell out of me!! I could not sleep last night!

kelblend
04-10-2003, 11:35 AM
I saw it. It didn't quite scare me THAT bad. lol It was pretty good, but did anyone notice that part of it was alot like feardot.com which was a horrible movie by the way. LOL

SueShopper
04-10-2003, 11:36 AM
YES!
I want to see the Ring again.. only saw it once at the movie theatre.. it was A GREAT SCARY movie :).. or I should say FREAKY!!!

newwiccan
04-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Am I the only person who didn't like it?

~Roxy~
04-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by newwiccan

Nope,I couldn't wait to see it,I didn't care for it.

newwiccan
04-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Good. I was beginning to think I was all alone!

ajames05
04-10-2003, 12:24 PM
I bought it on DVD before watching it...then once I saw it I HAD to get it out of the house! For a PG-13 movie it sure scared the heck out of me -and I LIKE scary movies. It was similar to Fear.com though and yes, that movie was very very lousy.

suziebee20
04-10-2003, 12:34 PM
That movie made me cry... I kept telling myself to "think of Lilo", but it didn't work... :(

MySonNick1
04-10-2003, 12:35 PM

I didn't like it either.

hawley7
04-10-2003, 12:58 PM
me and hubby and i went to see this the weekend it came out in the theaters and I am telling you that I was so scared I screamed in the middle of the theater...LOL. It was a good one.

ahippiechic
04-10-2003, 12:58 PM
I loved it! Scared the hell outta me!

justinenycole26
04-10-2003, 01:05 PM
My sister MADE me watch it, she said it was the scariest movie she had ever seen. I didn't think it was all that, but it was OK. Definitely not the scariest movie I have ever seen. I just hate takeing a shower after watching a scary movie. For like a week I get freaked out. SIGH Sucks being a wimp.

ttistin
04-10-2003, 01:15 PM
we bought the dvd before we watched it, it scared the heck out of me. I loved it LOL

Last weekend we went over to IL's house and his sister and her family were there, along with sil's dh's brothers two kids lol so all togeahter there were 7 kids all under the age of 10, guess what they went and rented? yup 'the ring' I couldnt believe they watched that movie with all the kids running around. You would think that sil would have more sense then that. lol

melodyjl
04-10-2003, 03:13 PM

You're not the only one, lol. It wasn't scary at all. It does resemble the movie "Fear Dot Com" alot.

SueShopper
04-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Well, if anything, fear dot com resembles The Ring because it came out first, ..and The Ring is a make-over of a Japanese movie from a long time ago...

http://www.getvcds.com/catalogue/image/thering.gif

kelblend
04-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by SueShopper
Well, if anything, fear dot com resembles The Ring because it came out first, ..and The Ring is a make-over of a Japanese movie from a long time ago...

http://www.getvcds.com/catalogue/image/thering.gif

I was wondering which was first. :D

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-10-2003, 03:52 PM
saw it *weird* so why because they made a copy of the tape they didn't die?? help me on this lol:confused:

Sparkli
04-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by suziebee20
That movie made me cry... I kept telling myself to "think of Lilo", but it didn't work... :(

Me too... I freaking BAWLED, no little bitty tears for me... it scared the chit outta me and i had nightmares about being in a hospital. terrible movie! :( :(

bad.

tammy

suziebee20
04-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Someone want to explain something to me? I got the whole gist of the movie, but the girl in the begining who died- her friend who was in the mental place, why did they have her walk behind the cloth rolling screen? I didn't get it?!? :confused:

Blackberry
04-10-2003, 04:07 PM
I liked this movie, and it was a bit scarey. I let my son's watch it with me (ages 10 and 13) and I regret letting my 10 year old watch it now. He doesn't scare easily but that night and the next he couldn't get the "video" from the movie out of his head & stayed up much of the night not feeling good. I don't know if the not feeling good had anything to do with the movie or not.

For the most part I liked the movie, but I don't get the ending. You'd think that the girl would stop haunting after her body was found............isn't that what usualy happens in these kind of movies?

suziebee20
04-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 13ducks
You'd think that the girl would stop haunting after her body was found............isn't that what usualy happens in these kind of movies?

Yep- I remember when we saw it in the theater, after they found her body, there was a lot of rustling, people getting their stuff together ready to leave. I didn't expect her to come kill that guy after that!

flute
04-10-2003, 04:13 PM
I missed the about the 2nd half of it, but I'm with the feardotcom reference, the 2 quite similar...
what I saw of it was more freakin than scary..and from what Mike described the ending to me was kinda huh??? :confused:
She crawled out of the tv to kill? what, did they wake her dead body up? ...

kelblend
04-10-2003, 04:17 PM
It's been awhile, but I think that her spirit or whatever not being calmed by being found was because the little girl was evil from the beginning. I don't remember about the cloth. I have the dvd tho. I guess I will have to watch again. lol

suziebee20
04-10-2003, 04:20 PM
I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread, I'm gonna get nightmares tonight!

Yeah, she came out of the TV, and killed the guy. It was really weird. She was all decayed and gross. This is what I saw through the cracks of my hands though... I couldn't look! I thought in a way it was funny though, because some guy in the theater farted really loud, then my friend yelled "ewwww those are some decayed feet!". She had like this weird looking eye to, I still don't get what was up with her hair over her face all the time!

christianw27
04-10-2003, 06:47 PM
I am a horror movie junkie. My favorite movie of all time is silence of the lambs.

I liked the ring a lot. I think they didn't show much though so they can have a sequel, kept you guessing you know.

My son who is ten watched it. He watches most of the horror movies after I watch them, neither of us were scared but we did like it.

Talanco
04-10-2003, 06:56 PM
The reason she was behind the cloth when they were walking her down the hall is because she was walking by a TV and she did not want to see the tv. Im not sure about the making a copy thing, but I guess that is so that it never stops.

newwiccan
04-10-2003, 07:26 PM
chelle-I've seen it but didn't like it.

suziebee20
04-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks Talanco.

The thing about making copies- they said that "she just wants to be heard...", I don't really know how to explain it, but she wanted others to "hear" her also, and when you copy the tape, then she can be heard by others who watch the video.

kelblend
04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
If you got someone to watch the copy, then you would not die as you let her be heard by someone else. IF you didn't get the idea and volunteer someone to die, lol then you died. Oh the tangled webs we weave....... :0)

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-15-2003, 06:57 PM
OH..I still don't get the copy thing..lol

Lora_1994
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
ok,I just HAD to go out and rent it last night... it was good.. but I wasnt crazy about it. I would have rather watched something else.

ahippiechic
04-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by DAVESBABYDOLL
OH..I still don't get the copy thing..lol

Because the little girl was really evil. The ones that figured it out didn't really set the girls spirit FREE, they set it LOOSE. And because the lady & son made copies for others to see, (& possibly die) they get to live.

Candice
04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
I cried!! It was sad when the mom pushed her down the well! Then she's all evil! Lol, I thought it was a good movie though...