PDA

View Full Version : When you were a kid...

irrelevant0
04-06-2003, 09:44 AM
what did your parents tell you to do, then sit and laugh at you while you tried?

My mom would tell my sister and I that if you could sneak up behind a bird and put salt on it's tail, it wouldn't be able to fly away and you could catch it to keep as a pet. :rolleyes: I can imagine how dumb I looked chasing birds around with a salt shaker in my hand.

adair
04-06-2003, 11:56 PM
I tried to catch birds with salt also :)

Besides the salt and bird thing, I was also told that the "flashies" in the snow were "Tinkerbells" and I was always trying to catch my very own Tinkerbell when I was little.

For those of you old enough to remember the freshness packets that were in potato chips....we told my younger brother that those were potato chip seeds and he needed to plant them so that we would not have to buy potato chips anymore. He planted them and watered them and my older brothers would put sunflower seeds in their place.

mesue
04-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Well no one told me to do it but my Mom and Dad told me that if we dug straight through the earth we would come out in China, I thought this would be a cheap way to travel so I started digging and digging and digging, sure that next shovel full would be the last one needed to crawl through to China, my parents saw me and tried to tell me it was a little further than that but I was sure they were just telling me that to keep me from running off to China and kept digging finally after digginag all day I decided I didn't really need to go to China after all.