PDA

View Full Version : So Cool! of them to do....

sharinbo
04-04-2003, 04:54 PM
I am "sponsoring" a K9 unit that has been deployed to the gulf. There are 6 dogs in a unit, and as you can imagine, trying to find acceptable care package stuff for 6 dogs gets expensive. I decided to send out some emails to some pet supply websites asking for donations of anything they could help with. I've had a few places offer to send me things "in a few weeks" which is awesome, but last night I got an email from someone at www.arknaturals.com asking me to call so we could put together a package. I am not a "phone person" but my K9 Unit is worth it, so I called today. OMG! I am overwhelmed at this company's generosity! They are sending me natural flea repellent, natural dog treats, ear wash, and eye wash! Enough for 6 dogs, at least! WAY more than I could have afforded to go out and buy for them at once. I am so excited and so touched! I just wanted to share my good news!

1busymomma
04-04-2003, 05:17 PM
YEAH!!!!!! That is awseome, I'm not a phone person either.

nonda
04-04-2003, 05:25 PM
That is wonderful Sharinbo....you are doing a GREAT thing!

denisemm
04-04-2003, 05:53 PM
That is so awesome!! Its so great to hear of people's generosity. Thank you for helping and thank you for sharing this with us!

jaybird
04-04-2003, 06:06 PM
You have pm.

Also, have you considered checking with Petco, PetSmart or any of the very large chain pet supply stores? Maybe even your local WalMart or vet would contribute some things.

sharinbo
04-04-2003, 06:17 PM
I'm working on the local Petsmart and Petco, and have letters ready to mail as soon as I get some stamps, to the local pet supply stores and even some of the vets who sell supplies. To ask for a donation from a large corporation, I need to have it typed out on letterhead, which I will have shortly. Thanks for the advice. I'm really having fun with this and am completely overwhelmed by everyone's generosity.

jaybird
04-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Amen to your sig line, by the way. Call your vets and ask for donations too, they sell stuff and get tons of samples too. ;)

jaybird
04-04-2003, 06:29 PM
www.thepetproject.com/news

Operation Military Pride has a "Kindness to K9s" program in which you can send care packages to the K9's (and their handlers) who are serving in the military. You can even sponsor an entire K9 Unit, just send an email to Operation Military Pride for details.

jaybird
04-04-2003, 06:32 PM
http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/kindk9.html

jaybird
04-04-2003, 06:33 PM
sharinbo, read this article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2907495.stm

jaybird
04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
GRRRR. Email issues. Can't write you back at the moment.

FORTY DOLLARS for ONE pair of dog boots? GOOD grief! IF I can snag some from our local Petco/PetSmart, I'll send them to you for sure.

sharinbo
04-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Ohhhhhh...thank you for that link jaybird! Yes, $40 for ONE set of the dog booties! Scary, huh? I've seen some cheaper, but they are made pretty poorly, and it's not worth it to save a little if they only get worn once before they fall apart. If you can't email back, you can always PM me here, LOL. Thanks again. ;)