PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Hair color problem....

Nessa489
03-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, need some opinions! Just colored my hair tonight, been doing it at home for 2 years now, and for the first time I got a bad hair color! :( I've always gone for a reddish brown/blonde, but this time it went bright red! It looks awful! I've heard horror stories about turning orange if I just try coloring it again. Anyone know if there anything else I can do other than going to a stylist, I really can't afford that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nessa

newwiccan
03-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Try clear green shampoo like Prell. It's supposed to take some of the color out. I did the same thing last week but mine is more streaked than all over. :eek:

Elijah'sMommy
03-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Nessa...poor thing! :( I know how you feel. Same thing happened to me a while back, it was like Little-Orphan-Annie-Orange!! This is kind of a lame idea, but it worked for me. I immediately bought a medium brown and redid my hair the same day. It came out a dark auburn. I lived with it for a few weeks before I re-colored back to my original blondish-red. Go a darker brown than normal to mask some of the red/orange, but if you go too dark, it will take a lot of applications to get you back where you're used to.

Good Luck:)

lilbugger
03-30-2003, 08:40 PM
A friend of mine did this years ago, and she called the company of the hair dye and they told her what she could and couldnt do. Maybe this could help you.

Good Luck:)

catssass
03-30-2003, 08:42 PM
http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/dyehair/dyehair4.html

Nessa489
03-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Awesome...thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll try a brownish color tomorrow and hope that works. :) My hair was actually getting too blonde anyway and that's why I tried a different color (and different brand). Guess I learned my lesson!

Here's to wearing a hat tomorrow!!

Nessa :)

kelblend
03-30-2003, 11:07 PM
You can usually color it with a semi-permanent color instead of permanent. It's not as harsh.

Quaker_Parrots
03-31-2003, 04:54 AM
If you use something with a green base(in other words, the color will be called something ash--like light ash blonde ect) it will cut the red. I would go a shade lighter than you would normally get, since you have already processed once. that way the color doesn't grab, and make you go darker

******edited to add, if you do this, get a semi-permanent, or temporary color, they are less harsh than the permanent, and won't damage you hair as bad