PDA

View Full Version : Support for Pagans in the Military

Maeryn
03-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I just got this info in an email. I thought it would be nice to spread the word to those who might have Pagan relatives serving in the military, here or overseas. Many thanks to Circle Sanctuary for providing this service!

Pagans from many paths and places serve in the US military and are
currently among those being deployed. In response to this, Circle
Sanctuary is making available Pagan Military prayer cards for those Pagans on active duty. The prayer card includes a graphic and an Elemental blessing on laminated cardstock, and is about the size of a driver's license or credit card, so as to be easily transported in a wallet.

If you, or someone you know is currently on active duty, and you would like to obtain a card for them, please contact Gwyn at Circle office:

(608) 924-2216 or nature@mhtc.net
PO Box 219, Mt. Horeb, WI 53572

Please provide the name, branch of service and hometown of your loved one in the military. Circle will be maintaining a World prayer map that will indicate how many Pagans on active duty in the military are carrying the cards and where they are from.

There is no fee charged for these cards. However, donations to help Circle Sanctuary cover the costs of producing & mailing these cards are welcome and tax deductible in the US. Make checks/money orders payable to Circle. Credit card donations also accepted.

http://www.circlesanctuary.org/militarypagansupport

jaybird
03-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks for reminding us that there are a lot of non-Christian military. When I keep the troops in my thoughts and prayers, it doesn't matter what religion they are or are not. Each one is wrapped tight in my non-denomination hopes and wishes for a safe and quick trip back home. And I know that the power I pray to doesn't differentiate between five soldiers standing side by side, just because one is Catholic, one is Baptist, one is Jewish, one is Pagan and one is atheist.

((((( )))))

My prayers cover everyone. Regardless of race or religion.

BrightEyes
03-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Well said Jaybird!!

There are MANY faiths in the military and each deserves the respect. I am so glad a company like this is taking the initiative to include them.

IselaRose
03-29-2003, 10:50 AM
jaybird I love the quote! do u mind it I put it in my aim profile?