PDA

View Full Version : my biggest pet peeves....eergh...share yours

menanamama
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
more than one open package of the same thing...razors, cereal, shampoo etc.
clutter in my kitchen or shower...ARGH
fork marks in the butter (we use the spreadable kind)
crumbs in the butter
trash cans with no bag
dirt under or between my toes
the splits on the ends of my fingers that never heal

nothing inflamitory if you care to add
no religious related
no politicly motivated
no gay bashing
no male/femal bashing etc.
PLEASE

adair
03-28-2003, 04:54 PM
family members that cannot take their glass to the sink when they are finished with it.

family members that put more garbage in the garbage can and notice that it is full, but will not take the time to do anything about it.

uncourteous people ( a little "please" and "thank you" can go a long way).

drivers who think that "left of way" has priority over "right of way."

people who will not leave messages on an answering machine (but just breathe waiting for someone to answer the telephone).

young adults that cannot say a sentence without using 3 or more cuss words.

Spam mail.

newwiccan
03-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Not filling the ice trays after you empty them

leaving the toilet seat up

not putting a new roll of toilet paper on the roll

the fact that my newspaper is always in my neighbors yard

I could go on and on!!

1busymomma
03-28-2003, 05:21 PM
OMG, my list is 3 miles long minimum?!?!?

Here are a few of mine.

1. clutter
2. not cleaning up after yourself
3. NASTY public restrooms. I'd rather hold it than go!!!
4. Rude people (yeah I'm probably one of them at times!!!)

~MK~
03-28-2003, 05:26 PM
What 1busymomma..you don't like ME?! :eek: ;)

pwright
03-28-2003, 05:29 PM
1-when people litter-just saw a man yesterday throw an empty container on the ground and then walk by a trash can-GRRRRR

2-when my sil throws her or her kids gum in the middle of the parking lot of a store-later to get on someone's shoe

3- non handicapped people parking in handicapped parking spots

Here is just a few

Pammie

mrs.john
03-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Nursing students that don't wash their hands in the bathrooms at school--would you want them practicing on you?

People that pull out in front of you on a major route, drive 1/2 mile down the road at 15 mph, then turn off.

Nikkole
03-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Just a minor but semi long peeve..
My husband just come on over and check out his trail of laundry a mile long and the dish he left on the table from lunch oh can't forget the toenail clipping on the dresser!
The scratching in public is nasty too and must you pick your nose while you drive??
Not male bashing just stating the truth..

Here is my biggest pet peeve
Old people who fart and act like nothing happened, geez cork it..
I hate being in the store and your behind them and poof mushroom cloud in aisle 4 and my 2 year old son screaming ewwww you farted..
Not bashing here either..

CAMSmama
03-28-2003, 05:37 PM
My 15 year old son STILL not being able to aim correctly!! and then not wiping it up. dirty socks, using a differnt cup every time you get a drink instead of just rinsing and reusing the same one.

ocvachick
03-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Where shall I begin......

How about with nosy neighbors... 3 days in a row my next door neighbor came out saying "wow you look nice today" then says "purple is sure your color" "nice shorts"... ok so thats a peeve of mine cause sometimes those are my PJ's LOL

Non-handicapped people who try and run folks over in the stores with those mobile carts....

3 AM cars going past with the bass up so loud it almost opens the windows!

The mail lady telling me whats in my mail before I get it...

Bed sheets.. I hate them!

1busymomma
03-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
What 1busymomma..you don't like ME?! :eek: ;)

now, now...I did not say that. LOL. I'm just having one of those days and so those pet peeves surfaced first. ((((machande))))) :)

1busymomma
03-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Nikkole
Here is my biggest pet peeve
Old people who fart and act like nothing happened, geez cork it..
I hate being in the store and your behind them and poof mushroom cloud in aisle 4 and my 2 year old son screaming ewwww you farted..
Not bashing here either.. \

OMG!!!! lol.

lol at camsmama to. I used to clean houses so yeah it is gross to clean up after teenagers who can't aim!!! Adults to!!!!

Ladytiger
03-28-2003, 05:59 PM
ROFLMBO!!! This are great and some of mine as well, I will ad some more:
Wet hair in the sink and tub (Ewwwww, I gag)
Having the toilet paper the wrong way
LIDS! Doesn't anyone here know how to use them?
Rude mail carriers
Having to press numerous numbers just to be told that you have to hold for someone anyway and give the same info to them what you just pressed all those numbers for:confused:
When someone smokes in the kitchen
DD's music, over and over again
Need I say more??

littlebell
03-28-2003, 06:13 PM
meeting people and they are late i have to be early son looking over my shoulder when we only had my pc asking what they want for dinner and they say what ever then i say something and they don't want it

Maeryn
03-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Work-related pet peeve. Social Workers who write up entries in case files, using neon pink or purple ink AND that loopy-jr-high-style handwriting.
Hello! Other people will have to be able to read the narrative if they're doing back-up when you're out, or when you transfer the case to another worker. Not to mention, it's a legal document that could possibly be used in a court of law.

JoanieV2
03-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
ROFLMBO!!! This are great and some of mine as well, I will ad some more:
Wet hair in the sink and tub (Ewwwww, I gag)
Having the toilet paper the wrong way
LIDS! Doesn't anyone here know how to use them?
Rude mail carriers
Having to press numerous numbers just to be told that you have to hold for someone anyway and give the same info to them what you just pressed all those numbers for:confused:
When someone smokes in the kitchen
DD's music, over and over again
Need I say more??

My hubby thinks I'm crazy when I tell him the toilet paper is on wrong.....lol. I just tell him it's easier the way I put it on. I guess that's why I'm the one who usually replaces the empty roll anyway!!

Oh, and yes, I hate automated calls (except those for freebies of course!).....

FrostyTheSnowBich
03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Why is it everytime I use a public restroom, I see a woman come out of a stall, grab a paper towel and wipe her hands and proceed out the door of the bathroom. Why grab a towel and wipe the hands? Are they 'wet'? HMMMMM and if they are 'wet' after coming out of the commode....WHY THE HECK ARENT THEY WASHING THEM?!?!?!:eek: :eek:
THAT bugs me...LOL
Of course I have been confused with being obsessive with washing my hands...I only wash them about 50 times a day LOL But I still think after you use the potty, you should wash your hands!

earthmama
03-28-2003, 08:04 PM
It happened to me today.... Calling a company or utility to take care of some business and having someone answer that speaks with a thick accent that I can't understand. What are these companies thinking???? How can their customers take care of business if they can't understand the person on the phone!!!!!

Shancopp
03-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Toilet paper that isn't hanging "over"..which is the 'correct way'!!
People who are late!!
pushy avon/mary kay/anykind of salesperson
telemarketers
messy cars (please clear off enough space for my butt and feet people!)

peacestar
03-28-2003, 10:45 PM
When a patient at work stares at my plate of food at dinner when im eating, while they are eating there own. Were eating the same thing! This is an EVERY day thing! Very annoying! Also at my fil's house, his dog that stares at anyone whos eating anything! Arghhhhhhhhhh! Hubby not putting wallet, keys or cell phone in the same place all the time and asking me where they are? People that tailgate while driving!

~Angel Eyez~
03-28-2003, 10:49 PM
1-liars
2-backstabbers
3-ppl who are stuck up
4-fakers
5-ppl who hate something, but go along w/that anyway cuz everyone else likes it
6-ppl who cant drive very well
7-selfish, self-centered ppl
8-know it alls
9-snobs
10-ppl who talk over you
11-ppl who think they are better than you

Candice
03-29-2003, 01:04 AM
Haha, I have too many!!

Toilet seats being left up, When my daughter cries and my boyfriend mimics her crying, people taking my pop out of the fridge and never putting any back in, my sister wearing my clothes, people calling me on my cell phone at 8:00 in the morning when they know I'm still asleep!! People who always say negative things, liars!!! People that interuppt me while I'm speaking, people who pull up to the the red light and creep up little by litte like it's gonna make the light turn green any faster, and my biggest of all: people who smoke near the entrance of a store!!! So rude!

menanamama
03-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by chelle33
6.} razor cuts OUCH!!
i did this...cut my hm hm bad..............eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ladytiger
03-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by FrostyTheSnowBich
Why is it everytime I use a public restroom, I see a woman come out of a stall, grab a paper towel and wipe her hands and proceed out the door of the bathroom. Why grab a towel and wipe the hands? Are they 'wet'? HMMMMM and if they are 'wet' after coming out of the commode....WHY THE HECK ARENT THEY WASHING THEM?!?!?!:eek: :eek:
THAT bugs me...LOL
Of course I have been confused with being obsessive with washing my hands...I only wash them about 50 times a day LOL But I still think after you use the potty, you should wash your hands!

I am one of those people, I don't use a towel and wipe my hands, but I DO NOT wash my hands at the public sink either, they did a test here locally, and well, that is one of the places that the most germs were, on the faucet handles, also on the handle of the door leading out. Soooo, what I do, when I get OUT of the restroom, is use my anti-bacterial soap, the one that you use without water.

Ladytiger
03-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Here's a few more, I am sure we can all relate to a few of these

people who say one thing, then do another
coupons that have 2 weeks before they expire
people talking to their animals when eating (b/f does this with a cat, drives me nuts!)
radio stations that play songs then don't say the name of the song or the artist
impatient people
stepping on something sharp in the middle of the night
stepping in a lake when going into the bathroom after DD takes a shower:confused:

magicwoman19
03-29-2003, 07:18 PM
People who stop all of a sudden then turn their turn signles on, or not using them at all.

when my dh cuts his hair in the bathroom and doesn't clean it up off the floor.

People going down the wrong asle in their cars in a parking lot.

Those are just a few of mine!

Lora_1994
03-29-2003, 07:54 PM
not refilling the ice tray

someone pulling at my clothes

chewing with your mouth open

people that dont know how to talk without touching you..

llbriteyes
04-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Here we go!

First let me say I'm not an English teacher. That said, I have several grammatical peeves.

1. People are "who's," not "that's"
2. People who say "anxious" when they really mean "eager"
3. "Alot," instead of "A lot"
4. Americans who don't use proper English
5. Misuse of "there" and "your"
6. Punctuation or lack thereof
7. Abbreviations used online. ie ppl, etc.
8. People on television (usually reporters) who feel the need to say "um" after every word.

Cabinets and drawers that are half closed. Not all the way, but just half.

That horrible bass sound, as cars drive past my house, rattling my windows.

People who pull out in front of you and then can't keep at a steady speed. It seems its always slower than you want to go, but fluctuates between 45 and 60.

Why oh WHY can my family find the laundry hamper but can't actually put the clothes IN it?

Perfume. I'm horribly allergic to it. Why can't some women (and men) realize that not EVERYONE wants to smell them. When you're in a store and you smell MANY people wearing perfume, it gets really sickening. How about they use use a little. Why must they BATHE in it?

Perfume and the bass thing are simply inconsideration for other people.

(jumping off my soap box)

Linda

rain_cries
04-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Finding dishes under the bed.

DH putting his wallet, watch, and belt on the entertainment center in the living room.

People who let their animals "do" in my yard.

The phone rings and you have to "please hold for an important message."

When my dad calls me - I answer the phone, "Hello" His first words - "hurry up" - Uh, you called me... you hurry up! LOL

TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MommyG3
04-15-2003, 08:41 AM
1. dh fussing at the kids cause they don't clean up after themselves and him turning around 5 minutes later not cleaning up after himself.
2. people who call and don't leave messages on the answering machine.
3. telemarketers.
4. DH in general
5. Kids in general
6. People who have their windows rolled down and their music blarring so loud your windows vibrate.
7. College students that can't read..."FACULTY AND STAFF PARKING ONLY"
8. Whoever decided to have the student union's roof redone. That is the worst smell.
9. DD whining about her dad not spending time with her, then DD whining cause her dad took her somewhere that she didn't want to go.
10. DS talking about Pokemon :rolleyes:
11. DD talking about Harry Potter :rolleyes:

Tadbit
04-16-2003, 02:11 AM
When my Dh leaves 1 inch of tea in the tea jar and puts it back in the fridge.
When members of the household keep throwing more trash on top of the trash container, when it's full already and needs to be replaced with a new bag.
When I put extra toilet paper right next to the dispenser but no one will change the empty roll.
When no one puts a new roll of paper towels on after they use the last one.
When someone leaves the cap off the toothpaste.
When cabinet doors and dawers are left open.
When I sit something down and come back to get it and DH has put it somewhere, but doesn't remember doing it, when I ask what happened to it.
When I have to go look for something DH wants and it's right where I told him it was.
Toilet seat left up at night, or any time for that matter.
Ice trays that are left in the freezer with one or two pieces of ice in them.
When someone drops something on the floor and everyone just walks over it without picking it up.
The list could go on, but everyone in the hosue thinks I b^^^ch enough as it is, so I'll just leave it at that. LOL

DreamWarrior
04-16-2003, 07:52 AM
leaving the toilet seat up

not putting a new roll of toilet paper on the roll
~ gotta agree w/ya there wiccy ~

peanut butter in the jelly jar and vice versa

dirty socks (from the DBF) left ALL OVER the living room

weather predictions that change every 5 minutes (lol)

CABANN
04-16-2003, 12:54 PM
1.toothpaste spit in the bathroom sink.
2.no toilet paper after using the bathroom
3.unmade beds
4.being disconnected to the internet
5.husband clipping his toenails and leaving the clippings on the floor
6.call waiting
7.telemarketers
8. used klenex that missed the garbage can
9. dirty cat box

Lora_1994
04-16-2003, 01:33 PM
people who wear braces on their teeth and when they get done eating start picking the food out of them, while your still eating.

DH leaving shoes, wallet, socks, (whatever he had on from work that can come off ) right where he sits when he gets home. Then b!tches about the kids getting into his stuff

When members of the household keep throwing more trash on top of the trash

an adult that tries to talk and act like a child because they think everyone THNKS its cute

auntnanny
04-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Several of the above mentioned plus this one. I don't know why but it drives me INSANE!
People that type their address in lowercase like this
mary smith, 123 jones street, anywhere, usa
I think it should be
Mary Smith
123 Jones Street
Anywhere, USA

Auntnanny

aharlan
04-16-2003, 08:36 PM
DH blowing his nose at the table while we're eating...ewww...gag! I want to throw up every time.
People that talk with a mouth full of food.
When there's enough toilet paper left on the roll for at least 3 mores uses and someone puts a new roll on top and starts using that one.So that you have to take the new "big roll" off the dispenser to use the one that is almost gone first.
Mom's new boyfriend.
People that stare at a part of your body when talking to you instead of looking at your face.

LOL.....could go on and on....
some of these I totally agree with and was laughing at some
GOOD post!!!

IselaRose
04-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Ugg. People who work at the library who won't book a room for you because they are looking at a clothes website, its ur job to do that K. not to search the gap.com!!!
Also, promises that are not kept. I know this is a daily occurance but when my husbands says he'll write to me at least 3 times a week I expect him to. Especially if its the only comminication we have (he is getting better though. Got 30 letters today :)
Oh and last one, I despise it when people look for a way to give u their work. Not really but someone started talking to me when I was typing :)

Sunee
04-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Lora_1994

an adult that tries to talk and act like a child because they think everyone THNKS its cute

Or cries & whines like one when they dont feel good or get their way :rolleyes:
Leaving the toilet seat up
Not closing the fridge all the way
My biggest pet peeve is when someone drinks my last coke :mad:. That is a huge no no.

jadegentle
04-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Mine is perky people, you know the type, the one's who practically bounce when they're talking, and nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing ever goes wrong in their life! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr