PDA

View Full Version : A ? about paypal

lovechild
03-26-2003, 09:41 PM
I have a paypal account, and have started using it for ebay payments. I noticed tonight that my address says unconfirmed.

My question is how do I get it verified?? OR is it no big deal?

I have already done one transaction and it went through fine, received my stuff today. BUT if I remember right some sellers state in their auctions "only verified paypal" Does that mean funds or addy??

TIA for any help!!!

justinenycole26
03-27-2003, 12:04 AM
From Payapl site:

What does it mean to be a Verified member of PayPal?

A Verified PayPal member is a U.S. account holder who has added and confirmed a bank account. Because Verification increases the security of the PayPal network, Verified members are able to:

Lift their sending and withdrawal limits
Send payments instantly using a checking account
Become eligible for the Seller Protection Policy
Increase credibility with sellers and/or buyers, since being Verified means they have confirmed ownership of a bank account

An International-Verified member of PayPal is a non-U.S. account holder who has completed the Membership Activation Process. International-Verified members do not currently qualify for and are not covered by the Buyer Complaint Policy.

Sherrise
03-27-2003, 05:25 AM
Alot of ebay sellers won't accept money from someone with an unconfirmed address. This is to protect themselves from chargebacks. I personally do.. but I have thought of refusing it, as it is a very risky thing to do. It's better to get your address confirmed. It's not hard to do, as I remember.

juliegirl78
03-27-2003, 06:46 AM
My address is confirmed but I am not a verified member... I've never had a problem with anyone not wanting to accept my payment! :)

juliegirl78
03-27-2003, 06:47 AM
My address is confirmed but I am not a verified member. I've never had a problem with anyone not wanting to accept my payment! :)

Sherrise
03-27-2003, 06:52 AM
yep.. the difference is that when you send to an address which is unconfirmed.. people have been known to claim that they never received your goods, and then go through paypal to get their money back (from you). When you send to a confirmed address.. you are insured against this happening to you.
Being unverified isn't a big deal.
Hope this makes sense

juliegirl78
03-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Ugh, double post earlier... :rolleyes: Anyway...

Yup, exactly. I didn't want my bank account to be connected to my PayPal, but lots of people *do* have theirs set up that way! So really it's your decision! :) You can have a confirmed address though without giving them your bank information!

lovechild
03-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Yep, I can only verify my addy with a credit card. I gave them my bank info to get my account verified. Savings account that rarely has any money in it. Not sure if I want a credit card on there.

I wonder if I can use my eddie bauer card? I still get a billing but they are no longer letting me charge on it? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for all your help guys:)