PDA

View Full Version : What does caffiene to to you?

DBackFan
03-20-2003, 09:17 PM
My husband was just commenting that I can drink coffee until I go to bed and strong stuff to boot..lol. I always drink the leaded stuff and it never keeps me awake or makes me jittery. Does it you?

ahippiechic
03-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Nope, too used to it, I guess. If Dh has a cup, which is rarely, he can't sleep at all.

ckerr4
03-20-2003, 09:26 PM
It makes me feel gooooooooood!!!

Um, I mean, it's, uh, nice. Yeah. Nice.

:D

DBackFan
03-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ckerr4
It makes me feel gooooooooood!!!

Um, I mean, it's, uh, nice. Yeah. Nice.

You goof! ;) I feel the same way. I know its not real good for me but I can drink it all day long.

juliegirl78
03-20-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm off caffeine now, for about three years, but I used to be a Mello Yello fiend! LOL It never affected me at all!

ckerr4
03-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Lol, I used to drink it nonstop, Dr. Pepper out the ears. But I;m on medication now that makes soda taste funny, Iced tea sets off my migraines (and it takes me a few days to recover from the repercussions), and I don't like coffee. Where does that leave me, waaaa?!! But I still drink coke sometimes, because it tastes the least funny of the funny tasting soda now. Still tastes funny, but I get the caffeine kick. Yeah!

(Mello Yello - lol @ Julie, hehe)

MistyWolf
03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but I can drink a pot and it does nothing. My hubby will drink a cup in the morning and he is good to go for the day.

Judy
03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
I very seldom drink anything caffinated.
When we are on the road for a long time I will have a cup of coffee.
If I drink a single cup of instant coffee I get sick to my stomach:( Don't really understand why:confused:
I can drink quarts of iced tea(sweetened) but one cup of hot tea and I get sick and dizzy:confused:

Sha
03-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Born and Raised on Caffiene! LOL! Just like Baby Froggy..I get headaches and don't feel right it I don't have any! I gotta have my Diet Coke everyday! LOL!

Ashlee
03-20-2003, 10:14 PM
I have been off caffeine since before my gallbladdr surgery, a year or so ago! But, I occasionally drink a Diet Something and it won't keep me up-but it will shorten my sleep after about 2 or 3 hrs I wake up wide awake.

jasmine
03-20-2003, 10:43 PM
I can drink 10 cups of coffee before bed, and go right to sleep

stresseater
03-20-2003, 11:35 PM
It provides me with the will to move,it is the lifeblood of which I am made:D :D :D
Sometimes I go days with nothing but Dr. Pepper to drink(Don't tell the clear pee'ers club on me:eek: :eek: :eek: )

jasmine
03-20-2003, 11:36 PM
I hear you, that's a part of how I lost my weight, the sugar, calories and carbs........ caffeine!!
It actually gives you a false high, where it makes you fill like you need more, an addiction. It took me a long time to get off of soda pop.

adair
03-21-2003, 12:58 AM
I love my coffee....I drink it from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed...lots of times I need that last cup so that I can go to bed

mlathroum
03-21-2003, 04:55 AM
Doesn't bother me either but the Cardiology Dr's I work for tell their patients to drop it.
It can be the cause of Migraines, Palpitations, and Chest Pain. Especially in large quantitys.
I have made myself drop to 2 cups of caffiene a day now. One cup of coffee for breakfast then water for the rest of the day. Then I am allowed a glass of ice tea or soda for dinner.

CatWoman
03-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Doesnt bother me at all...I can drink a cup right before bed and fall asleep in 2 minutes. Hubby, on the other hand, if he drinks a cup after dinner he's up all night!

kelblend
03-21-2003, 05:18 AM
Go through phases with coffee. I drink Mt. Dew all through the day though. I get a little more wakeful from it, but not like I used to at all. First time I drank a MT. Dew it really got me going!! LOL