PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people just do what they say?

Bohemut
03-19-2003, 12:36 AM
I have to give up my ferrets. :( They were Freyda's, but she's allergic to them, so I ended up with them. I'm not able to give them all the care and attention they deserve any more. They have learned to climb up into my wheelchair, and I'm afraid they might bite one of the battery cables, or I'll not know they are there and squish them if I move. :eek: So I don't let them out of their cage, which they really need for the exercise. :(

Anyway, I put up a notice on the board at Petco--free to an experienced ferret home. I got a call yesterday from one of the groomers there. She said she wanted to come by today and meet the ferrets. She was interested in taking them. So we agreed she would come by this afternoon. I gave her directions and she said if she got lost she would call. We got everything ready so if she wanted them she could just take them. Well this afternoon came and went. No visit. No phone call. It would have been so easy for her to just call and say "I can't make it today." or something like that. It just burns me up when people don't have any manners or consideration! :mad:

I'm tempted to tell her they're gone if she calls back. We are going to advertise elsewhere also, so maybe they will be gone. Do you think I'm being too petty?

rain_cries
03-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Wish I was close by. My dh gave up his ferret right before we got married and he misses having one. At that time, we were both working full time and like you said, they need attention and excercise, but now with me a wahm, I am always here and the kids would adore them. Hope you find someone for your critters!

Barbara690
03-19-2003, 06:02 AM
Noooo,you're not being petty,this one gets to me too.I spent yesterday afternoon waiting on some to come look at my sisters truck(it's for sale)and they were too inconsiderate to call too.I would tell that groomer that since she didn't bother to call you that you assumed she wasn't serious and that you would rather they go to a home where someone was.

~MK~
03-19-2003, 06:04 AM
I'll take them! :D

Princess4J
03-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Bohemut, YOU ARE NOT BEING PETTY !

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE COMING OVER
THEN DON'T SHOW UP. I MEAN WILL IT HURT
THEM TO CALL ? I SELL AVON. ONE CUSTOMER
CALLED ME ON A SUNDAY MORNING SHE ASKED IF
I'LL BE HOME BECAUSE SHE IS GOING
TO PICK UP HER ORDER. I SAID YES, I'LL BE HERE
ALL DAY. SHE THEN SAYS OK, I'LL
BE OVER IN A LITTLE BIT.

THAT WAS AT 9AM !
AT 7:30 THAT NIGHT WE WENT TO THE STORE.
SHE CALLS ME A FEW DAYS LATER BECAUSE
I WASN'T HOME WHEN SHE CAME BY.

SHE HAD ALL DAY !:mad:
SHE SAID "IN A LITTLE BIT"
EXCUSE ME BUT 10 HRS LATER
IS NOT A LITTLE BIT !!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SORRY, DIDN'T MEAN TO TAKE OVER YOUR THREAD.

{{{HUGZ}}}

schsa
03-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Don't even start me on this one. Made special arrangements to have UPS deliver a package to my home on one of the rare occassions that I am home during the week. I waited all day long and they never delivered. They got a earful from me along with a letter to Planet Feedback. I ended up having to go pick it up and the CSR who said that it would be waiting for me had to go get it off the truck. Yes, they tried to deliver it the next day when I wasn't home. Ticks me off!!

amb22
04-24-2003, 12:04 AM
do you still have them? I am in springfield oregon,are you close lol My furbaby (trouble)needs some playmates
I will even buy them lol
amb22_99@yahoo.com

Bohemut
04-24-2003, 12:36 AM
amb22 thanks for the offer, but I've already found them a good home. The lady that took them had one ferret for 11 years, and has another one now. Hers needed a playmate too. She knew a lot about ferrets and they instantly fell in love with her. As soon as she held them they seemed to forget all about me and my DD. I do miss them, but I know they're better off with her.

BTW I live in North Plains, which is about 20 miles due west of Portland. I've been to and through Springfield several times.