PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Trivia :

Jolie Rouge
03-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Who has more Oscar nominations than any one else in Academy history?

Who has won the most Academy Awards in total?

Which actor has the most nominations?

Which actor has the most wins?

Jolie Rouge
03-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Well, I thought I would lighten the mood up a little tonight, but I am going to bed. Since no one wants to play tonight I will just post the answers ...

Who has more Oscar nominations than any one else in Academy history?
Composer John Williams' 41 nominations make him the most nominated living person.

Who has won the most Academy Awards in total?
Walt Disney holds both records with 64 Academy Award nominations, and 26 Academy Awards to his name, including two Special Awards and the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award.

Which actor has the most nominations?
Katharine Hepburn and Meryl Streep are tied at 12 nominations apiece.

Which actor has the most wins?
Katharine Hepburn holds the distinction of the most wins with four Leading Actress Oscars.

janelle
03-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Oh,oh, I wanted to play but I would have only gotten Katherine Hepburn right. LOL Enter my contest and next time offer a prize so people will play. LOL:rolleyes: :p

Kelsey1224
03-18-2003, 08:32 AM
And...if Jack Nicholson wins this time...he will tie Kathryn Hepburn. (I think...i thought i heard that somewhere..)

schsa
03-18-2003, 09:25 AM
I hope Jack wins. He was really good.

Jolie Rouge
03-19-2003, 09:07 PM
I am going to try this again ....

:rolleyes:

Which country has the most Foreign Language Film nominations?

Which has the most wins?

For how many Academy Awards was CITIZEN KANE nominated?

movie nut
03-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Citizen Kane received 9 Oscar nominations--& won one (Best Screenplay, I think)

I'll let someone else answer the Foreign film questions:)

freebiegrl22
03-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm going to guess the French has the most nominations and the Italians have the most wins

Jolie Rouge
03-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Which country has the most Foreign Language Film nominations?

France holds the record for nominations by having a film nominated in the Foreign Language Film category 32 times.

Which has the most wins?

Italy holds the record with 10 wins in the category.

For how many Academy Awards was CITIZEN KANE nominated?
A. CITIZEN KANE was nominated for Academy Awards in nine categories:

Leading Actor (Orson Welles),

Art Direction (Black-and-White) (art direction Perry Ferguson, Van Nest Polglase; interior decoration Al Fields, Darrell Silvera),

Cinematography (Black-and-White) (Gregg Toland),

Directing (Orson Welles),

Film Editing (Robert Wise),

Music (Music Score of a Dramatic Picture) (Bernard Herrmann),

Best Picture (Mercury)

~ and ~

Sound Recording (RKO Radio Studio Sound Department, John Aalberg, Sound Director).

It won the Oscar for Writing (Original Screenplay) (Herman J. Mankiewicz, Orson Welles).

Thank YOU for playing !

Goodnight.

Jolie Rouge
03-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Here are your nominees and questions for the day:

Achievement in visual effects

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Jim Rygiel, Joe Letteri, Randall William Cook (New Line) and Alex Funke

Spider-Man (Sony Pictures Releasing) John Dykstra, Scott Stokdyk, Anthony LaMolinara and John Frazier

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones Rob Coleman, Pablo Helman, John Knoll and (20th Century Fox) Ben Snow

Screenplay written directly for the screen

Far from Heaven (Focus Features) Written by Todd Haynes

Gangs of New York (Miramax) Screenplay by Jay Cocks and Steve Zaillian and Kenneth Lonergan

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (IFC/Gold Circle Films) Written by Nia Vardalos

Talk to Her (Sony Pictures Classics) Written by Pedro Almodóvar

Y Tu Mamá También (IFC Films) Written by Carlos Cuarón and Alfonso Cuarón

Tonights' Trivia ...

Is there anybody who has won an Oscar every time he or she has been nominated?

Has a woman ever been nominated for a directing Oscar?

ckerr4
03-20-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna guess (guess being the operative word:D ) No and Yes.

But I know jack about movies, lol.

Jolie Rouge
03-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Tonights' Trivia ...

Is there anybody who has won an Oscar every time he or she has been nominated?

Dozens of people have that honor, but four-time Academy Award winner Mark Berger holds the record for the most. Berger won his Oscar statuettes in the Sound category for APOCALYPSE NOW (1979), THE RIGHT STUFF (1983), AMADEUS (1984) and THE ENGLISH PATIENT (1996).

Has a woman ever been nominated for a directing Oscar?

Two women have been nominated for achievement in Directing: Jane Campion in 1993 for THE PIANO and Lina Wertmuller in 1976 for SEVEN BEAUTIES.

[i]At least you are willling to guess, ckerr ! You were right, depending on the order you answered the questions ! ;) :)

Jolie Rouge
03-21-2003, 09:11 PM
it's been called "the Academy statuette," "the golden trophy" and "the statue of merit." Born in 1928, the Academy Award of Merit - which we know as simply "the Oscar" - depicts a knight holding a crusader's sword, standing on a reel of film with five spokes, signifying the original branches of the Academy: Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers and Technicians. As with the Oscars, we saved the best nominations for last.

Best animated feature film of the year

Ice Age (20th Century Fox)

Lilo & Stitch (Buena Vista)

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (DreamWorks)

Spirited Away (Buena Vista)

Treasure Planet (Buena Vista)

Best motion picture of the year

Chicago (Miramax) A Producer Circle Co., Zadan/Meron Production Martin Richards, Producer

Gangs of New York (Miramax) An Alberto Grimaldi Production Alberto Grimaldi and Harvey Weinstein, Producers

The Hours (Paramount and Miramax) A Scott Rudin/Robert Fox Production Scott Rudin and Robert Fox, Producers

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (New Line) A New Line Cinema and Wingnut Films Production Barrie M. Osborne, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, Producers

The Pianist (Focus Features) An R.P. Productions, Heritage Films, Studio Babelsberg, Runtime LTD. Production

--------
Tonights' Trivia !

How many times did Alfred Hitchcock get nominated?

Did he ever win?

What movies have won Academy Awards in all of the following categories: Best Picture, Directing, Actor, Actress and Writing?

freebiegrl22
03-21-2003, 09:15 PM
I cannot believe I got the French and Italy one right. That was purely a guess too...hmmmm...I'm proving that I am TRULY a genius...

Jolie Rouge
03-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Q. How many times did Alfred Hitchcock get nominated?

Did he ever win?

Hitchcock was nominated in the Directing category five times: for REBECCA (1940), LIFEBOAT (1944), SPELLBOUND (1945), REAR WINDOW (1954) and PSYCHO (1960).

He did not win a Directing Oscar but was presented with an Irving G. Thalberg Award in 1967.

Q. What movies have won Academy Awards in all of the following categories: Best Picture, Directing, Actor, Actress and Writing?

A. In the Academy's 74-year history, only three films have swept those five awards: in 1934, It Happened One Night; in 1975,[/u] One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest[/u]; and in 1991,[/u] The Silence Of The Lambs[/u].

ckerr4
03-21-2003, 10:17 PM
I would never ever in a million years gotten that last one!!!

Lol, 50%'s not bad! I mean for an acting/movie/Oscar thing, for me;)