PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Preference

captorquewrench
03-17-2003, 11:41 AM
If you subscribed to an online professional service at $50 for 2 months of access, and they offered a prmotional gift valued at $10.....what would you prefer?

Amazon GC
Free long distance
Gas
Other online merchant (list merchant)
$10 discount for a larger purchase, such as cellular or ISP?

or...something else? (list the something else!)

Let me know! This is for work. We are trying to decide which will be the best incentive to offer job seekers.

Nikkole
03-17-2003, 11:46 AM
With the cost of gas, I would have to say gas

nightrider127
03-17-2003, 12:12 PM
No question about it--gas

Ghetto_Gurl
03-17-2003, 12:51 PM
gas!

renrut*
03-17-2003, 12:54 PM
gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lora_1994
03-17-2003, 01:01 PM
im going to have to go with everyone else.

GAS

unicorn9149
03-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Gas

aneisu
03-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Gas would be a good idea, but not everyone has a car. Have you looked into American Express gift checks? They can be used like cash so that should appeal to everyone.

captorquewrench
03-17-2003, 02:11 PM
aneisu, this would be a promo offer for job seekers. gas was one of the first things we thought of since most job seekers are doing quite a bit of driving to search for jobs & go to interviews. Had also thought of the gift checks from amex & MC too.

We would really prefer to offer an e-certificate as well since our services are online and *I* would have to handle sending any items via postage. but.......i don't think we can do that with gas even though it looks like a winner.

schsa
03-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Amazon. Not everyone uses a car to get from place to place. Gas prices could change at any moment but Amazon is gold year round and it appeals to everyone.

aneisu
03-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by captorquewrench
aneisu, this would be a promo offer for job seekers. gas was one of the first things we thought of since most job seekers are doing quite a bit of driving to search for jobs & go to interviews. Had also thought of the gift checks from amex & MC too.

We would really prefer to offer an e-certificate as well since our services are online and *I* would have to handle sending any items via postage. but.......i don't think we can do that with gas even though it looks like a winner.

I'm not sure where most of your clients would be located, but I have friends in LA and NY who are currently looking for jobs and don't have cars. They use public transportation to get to interviews, etc. What about a gift certificate from somewhere like giftcertificates.com? Personally, I use Amazon, but I have several family members who refuse to shop online. Limiting a promotion to an online retailer may not do the job of mass appeal it seems you are seeking. At least giving them a choice of where to use the gc would allow them to get one for a b&m or online store.

captorquewrench
03-17-2003, 03:03 PM
we're a national job board. the majority of our users are web-oriented (and more than half are in IT & engineeering) and already making web purchases such as our service. so I don't know if using a B&M merchant would affect any appeal whether positive or negative.

giftcertificates.com sounds great. I will have to check them out.

thanks for your input!