PDA

View Full Version : My Fiancee has a new job!

GAWildKat
03-13-2003, 07:50 AM
This is sooooooooo cool y'all. My fiancee got a new job doing cable service calls, laying cable lines in new neighborhoods, etc yesterday. The job pays $800-$2000 a week. He walked in after finding this company, with his resume, letters of reference, etc and was hired before he even finished his application. He starts training tomorrow for 6 weeks, then is on his own after that. Even said if everything goes well we can start planning the wedding soon! woohoo! (on a side note don't ever buy Geico insurance, it's overpriced and they really mislead their customers, and severely mislead the employees)

Shancopp
03-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Speaking of Geico....it is supposed to be "discounted". They are always sending us info, since hubby's in service. It stands for Govt. Employees Insurance Co. I called and got a quote. They were gonna charge us $1400 every 6 months for full coverage on two autos! That is what I pay every YEAR with the co. I am at now!! I told him that and he said, Wow..wonder how they got you such good rates? Maybe you can call back in 6 months and we'll see if we can do better. UMMM~~~~~~~ I don't think so!!

And also, Congrats on the new job!!!

schsa
03-13-2003, 08:39 AM
I actually priced it once and their price was $400 a year than I was paying with my current company. That was a third more than I was currently paying.

I don't think so.

And congrats to your BF. Get the money in the bank before you start planning and check out e-bay for wedding gowns. I swear they have designer gowns for minimal prices.

socks1211
03-13-2003, 08:58 AM
congrats

sheenajungle
03-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Totally cool!!!:)

odyssey
03-13-2003, 10:05 AM
CONGRATS GAWildKat and fiancee :)

Princess4J
03-13-2003, 10:12 AM
CONGRATS !!!!!!

GAWildKat
03-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Heh actually, we're looking to go VERY non traditional with our "public" wedding. We are both pagan and are looking to do an outdoor wedding in the mountains here in GA. Not sure yet what we have planned. I doubt the guest list will be very big, we don't really have any family we'd invite other than my 3 yr old daughter:) it will prolly be the simple bring food = guest lol as so many pagan gatherings are. Any pagans here wanna help with ideas?