PDA

View Full Version : american idol

zep0601
03-11-2003, 10:28 PM
who is your american idol pick overall i am tossed up btw. clay and ruben u?!!!

Shancopp
03-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Clay, Clay all the way!!!

PrncsNYC
03-11-2003, 10:57 PM
CLAY CLAY CLAY!!! and Carmen was great too..I was so happy when Simon picked her and I loved it tonight when he said she justified his choosing her...we both saw something I guess... They were my only two picks for the wild cards competition

DBackFan
03-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Clay was great and Kimberly was outstanding....I actually loved several tonight

odyssey
03-11-2003, 11:15 PM
kimberly, Clay.
I did not like Carmen or the first singer.
maybe I am not fashion wise but the outfits tonight were dreadful in my opinion!

PrncsNYC
03-11-2003, 11:42 PM
most of the female outfits were pretty dreadful. Both Kimberly's performaces were pretty dreadful (in my opinion) Kimberly #1 (the first one to go) was great in teh very beginning before anyone was chosen and she just went down hill from there. Kimberly Caldwell insists on doing a joan jett for every song even motown adn I just don't like it..please just show that you can do something else...show some diversity please.

PrncsNYC
03-11-2003, 11:43 PM
ok, how about doing things the other way..who do you think is gone first? I think Kimberly #1 but I'm hoping for a miracle and that it's Kimberly #2

zep0601
03-12-2003, 09:28 AM
the kimberyly in the red is going first tongiht i think she stunk last night

~MK~
03-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Ruben or Clay. :D

I think BOTH Kimberly's STINK. I haven't liked the blonde one since she snubbed that girl for her audition.

I also can't stand Corey Clark.

sunnydazed
03-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Is Clay the guy with the hair like the host? He started out kind of geeky, and now he looks so cute! He is my favorite out of the guys. My favorite out of the girls is the beautiful black girl with the white, white teeth! I can't remember her name, but she had her hair up in a kind of ponytail. When both of those kids sing, it gives me goosebumps!

~MK~
03-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Trenyce?

Shancopp
03-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Trenyce and Clay are the best! I bet if they don't win, they'll still get offers!

adair
03-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Ruben is such a BIG teddy bear and has a wonderful voice. He is my first choice with Clay running a close second (I was absolutely amazed when he opened his mouth and sang...was not expecting that kind of voice to come out of him).

Lilpetie
03-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Clay And Josh!!!!!! I think Josh has it all and would be the kind of roll model this country needs for kids. But then again so would Clay.
Rueben (however is good) I just dont see him as a roll model for some reason I look at him and see a rap star or something??? Not sure why. I guess it is because he never smiles.
Kimberly Caldwell..... DOnt like that girl she has a raspy voice that is wonderful but I think she is a spoiled brat. remember the fight in the auditions where she left out another girl on purpose.
Kimberly #2 she has a great voice but no spark
Charles.... Booooo I think he did poorly
Vaneesa. good voice but too funky for me
Trenyce.... Awesome voice and that smile. But too much like Diana Ross
Julia..... she seems to be good at only a few songs and isnt talking to the camera
Corey... he does kind of sound like a young Smokey Robinson.. But a little high pitched for me.
and that "Hercules, Hercules" guy, I think he is a wonderful singer but I doubt he will make it much further. Simon doesnt like him.
Carmen.... I think she would be awesome at country music but not pop.

angelinwaiting
03-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Ruben cause he is from my home state:D :p

I also like the one in the marines...can't remember his name though;)

hazeleyedgal
03-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Last year I picked Kelly right from the beginning. This year I am torn between to many. My first pick this year was the Marine but I love Clay.

zep0601
03-12-2003, 07:00 PM
so it was vansessa

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 07:02 PM
zep0601 and everyone else,

can we please make a concerted effort NOT to post the results of the show until after the west coast has seen it? :( It's only 6:10 here :(

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
maybe you could edit your psot for the rest so they don't see it?

Thamlet
03-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by PrncsNYC
maybe you could edit your psot for the rest so they don't see it?

If you dont want to know maybe you shouldnt read this thread until after the show airs? The title does say American Idol, lol. ;)

freebiegrl22
03-12-2003, 07:09 PM
My heart is breaking:(

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 07:10 PM
thanlet,

I know it says american idol but it was posted yesterday and we've only been posting who we wanted to win and who we didn't want to win. I was expecting more of the same. Perhaps I am wrong, maybe no one else will read the post before the show airs. All I know is that there were similar requests during joe millionair and everyone seemed to wait until afrter the west coast show aired before posting anything.

I guess I am just saying a new thread with a title like :Tonight AI winner in here" would be better...

FrostyTheSnowBich
03-12-2003, 07:47 PM
I think Vanessa was gone tonight because of that line they scripted for her last night to tell ryan he was a monkey performer or something like that....Thats was SOOOOOOO unfair of them to write something in the script like that for her to say! I dont think she was the worst performer last night but unfortunately because of that line, a lot of people turned their noses up and were getting munchies from the kitchen after the commercial break when Ryan told us all that it was a scripted line for her. She wasnt being mean. Thats so sad.

Shancopp
03-12-2003, 07:57 PM
That was dumb! Not to mention it sounded stupid as he!!. Would they have made one of the quieter girls (like Julia or Carmen) say something like that? I doubt it! I don't think anything should be "scripted" (except Ryan). That way, we see thier real personalities! JMO...

notjust925
03-12-2003, 08:30 PM
The Marine guy is good but,when I heard Clay the very first night
I could hardly believe that voice was coming out of such a nerdy
looking guy.He did well changing his looks.

midniteblu2
03-12-2003, 08:49 PM
CLAY!!!!

zep0601
03-12-2003, 09:04 PM
DUH I FORGOT ABOUT THE WHOLE WEST COAS THING I AM SORRY I DIDNT THINK OF IT TIILL NOW SOUNDS DUMB BUT I WENT AND POSTED AFTER I SAW IT AND DIDNT THINK

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 10:06 PM
zep, thanks for the apology :)

as far as vanessa going,, I think it's pure crap. She is not my fav but her and carmen were my fav females and I think FrostyTheSnowBich
hit it on the head...that is the only possible reason she was chosen to leave first :/

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 10:07 PM
also julia was the only other one to get an attitude but it was also a misunderstanding with simon adn the whole "taking a bow" thing..he menat bc of the boobs she thought he was saying she didn't deserve a bow...and she came in second to leaving...makes sense that they were chosen for those reasons not their songs

Shancopp
03-12-2003, 10:21 PM
I guess he told the Marine to lose some weight! I missed the first two performers, so I didn't catch that til tonite. I guess the Marine challenged Simon to a push up duel!! Gee.. I think I know who'd win!!

PrncsNYC
03-12-2003, 10:26 PM
well apprantly a lot of peole agree that she was screwed..talk of law suits, petitions to get her back on. That writer was an idiot and he cost her the show:

just some comments I'v read:

That comment about ryan made my jaw drop and i thought, what a *****! But after they came back and explained I thought, Oh jeez, I hope everyone saw that it was written for her. They set her up and many people thought she made that comment on her own and didn't vote for her. Vanessa Honey, you were set up. No body would have voted you off if you hadn't of said that.

She should be allowed back on the show. This was Oh so wrong and unfair.

The comment coupled with Simon's "You are not American Idol Material - you are a Bette Midler style Entertainer" that is what did it. It should have been Charles booted off and he even wasn't in the bottom 3 and that was ridiculous.

Her barb with Ryan was scripted. I know that. Most intelligent people who use their eyes and ears knows that. Still a lot of trained monkeys didn't even LISTEN to Ryan stating that the exchange was scripted when they came back from the break, and they didn't even LOOK at the script he showed to the camera. Frankly, Vanessa could have a lawsuit on her hands. She may have lost votes because some trained monkeys didn't get that it was scripted. Have you seen her board. Some fools think she was being intentionally rude because they don't open their eyes and ears.

it cost her that's for sure. There were others who sang the worst. They're just bias of Vanessa.

odyssey
03-12-2003, 10:31 PM
I couldn't believe what she said.
I too was at the frige when they can back to it, I sort of missed what ryan said I was still in shock about what she said. OMG my jaw dropped.