PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever go to Memphis in May?

Ashlee
03-05-2003, 01:25 AM
Just trying to find the line up, they arent posting on their site yet!

MsLynn
03-05-2003, 05:48 AM
i go every year at the end of may to meet my ex to drop off the boys for their summer visitation.

Angelseyes28
03-05-2003, 11:12 AM
LOL Can you believe I have lived less than 20 min from Memphis my whole life but I have never been to Memphis in May? lol

amber901
03-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi! I am in Memphis...and we don't know the lineup yet either. It's usually not made public until mid or late March.

cpbaby
03-05-2003, 05:11 PM
OK, call me stupid but WHAT is going on in Memphis in May?

Angelseyes28
03-05-2003, 05:31 PM
"Memphis in May" is like a month long festival thing in Memphis during May. They have different things going on each week/weekend. Lemme think, theres the bbq festival, and concerts.....I'm not sure what all they have since I've never been lol. Maybe someone else can explain it in more detail lol.

cpbaby
03-05-2003, 06:09 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok.

Thanks!

Ive beento Memphis ONCE in my life, so I doubt if I will go for that. Sounds like a GREAT time though.

Ashlee
03-07-2003, 03:26 PM
It's just a great happening thing! LOL! You can buy tickets for a concert for three days with all kinds of music on at least 2 large stages and usually at least 2 small. In the past I have seen Creed, Better Than Ezraa, Foo Fighters, Goo goo Dolls(I think thats where I saw them)Lynard Skynard, the guy who sings Strokin' that was good! Anyway, besides the concert the streets are filled with people, vendors come out, Thats about all I can think to say, but u have to go to experience it all! But if u don't like a crowd don't come! Oh and it usually rains or is muddy, but it doesnt even matter! You're having a blast!

janelle
03-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Wichita has it's Festival in May as well. Always around Mother's Day. We get thousands of people coming to it. It lasts two weeks or ten days to be presise. It's mainly downtown and they have lots of activities. You can get a booklet on it or info on a web site I'm sure. Probably same for Memphis.

We haven't gone for awhile. Hate to fight the crowds but it winds up with a huge fireworks display and is lots of fun, especially for kids.