PDA

View Full Version : going crazy

crystalbug
03-02-2003, 11:15 PM
I just got back online today after we had an ice storm that broke our power lines and phone lines, we live in a rural area, we had trees falling all around our house but we were lucky, it is so good to be able to get back online and I hope I never have to go without electric, water and a phone again. we were out of all from Feb 18 until Friday on electric and last night on phone. I thought I was going to go crazy.

~Mom-Mie~
03-02-2003, 11:30 PM
OMGoodness! Where are you close to in KY? I live close to Bowling Green. I am glad to see that you made it ok!
Back in '94 I was in an icestorm in MS!!! It was awful, we were out of electricity for several weeks too. I got a strong feeling of "appreciation for electricity" quick like when the electricity came back on! We even blowed up our television during the ice storm because the generator was not strong enough to pull enough "juice" for all appliances! LOL~ Oh well at least we had a fridge that stayed cold and a gas burning stove! LOL:D

odyssey
03-02-2003, 11:36 PM
{{{{{crystalbug}}}}} good to know you doing well after all terrible ice storms.
welcome back to online.:)

schsa
03-03-2003, 06:43 PM
My sister is in Lexington and she was without power for a week. This is a kid who has lived through a flood, power outages and everything else and she complained about the power being out. I think she must be getting old.

cpbaby
03-03-2003, 06:54 PM
~Mom~Mie~ Where are you? Im in Russellville. I work in Bowling Green.

I remember the winter Nick was born, the great ICe storm of 94. WHEW! It was ROUGH! I had NO water(froze), NO electricity, NO phone, and when the power came back, NO CABLE! AND I had a three week old newborn.:eek: LUCKILY I did have a woodstove and LOTS of wood. You have my deepest sympathies and Im glad you are back.

~Mom-Mie~
03-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cpbaby
~Mom~Mie~ Where are you? Im in Russellville. I work in Bowling Green.

I remember the winter Nick was born, the great ICe storm of 94. WHEW! It was ROUGH! I had NO water(froze), NO electricity, NO phone, and when the power came back, NO CABLE! AND I had a three week old newborn.:eek: LUCKILY I did have a woodstove and LOTS of wood. You have my deepest sympathies and Im glad you are back.

OH~OH I found a neighbor! :D :D I live in Franklin! I recently moved here in August, originally from North Mississippi. (Batesville)
:D :D

crystalbug
03-03-2003, 11:04 PM
I am Vanceburg, we thought we may get a flood too but luckily the river went back down. thanks for making me feel at home again jackie