PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Know Why!!!!

MsPiggy44
03-01-2003, 03:12 PM
I just want to know "WHY" do people sign up to do things but don't follow through with it??? I can understand if they can't afford to do it and in that case "DON'T" sign-up to do it. Sorry I just had to vent a little. I'm talking about the "FRIENDS" thing.

I have enjoyed all the other sign-ups I have did. For the most of all of you "YOUR GREAT" and I have to say I have a "GREAT" secret pal.

So HUGS TO her and the rest of ya.

bngomom
03-01-2003, 04:56 PM
I wish I could answer your Why question. I have wondered the same thing myself. It would be better to notify the person that you don't want to follow through and then there would be no hard feelings. I would completely understand that as sometimes circumstances change. It is very disappointing to be let down.

spongebob
03-01-2003, 05:20 PM
so have just like the birthday gift,, okay why do it.... this is my last month of doing it some one else can take up where i left off.. i work to hard for my money like every one else..hope you enjoy your gift....

here a list of things i have to do to get my money.. clean up blood and all the other good stuff that goes with it..all by my self..

DBackFan
03-02-2003, 09:38 AM
You know.....I read this and I just had to add my 2 cent worth. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we wish we could do. I don't seriously think ANYONE signs up for some thing KNOWING they won't or can't fulfill their end. Also some peoples expectations are much higher than others. While some friends or pals are happy with a little note or an ecard others expect big packages and stuff all the time.
Everyone needs to try and understand that peoples real life has to take priority and sh!t happens sometimes! I happen to know the "friend" this htread was started about and she couldnt be a more caring, loving, funny, friendly and wonderful person. She is not online much PERIOD! Its not that she is ignoring you or anyone else for that matter. Please try and me just a little bit understanding and move on. If you need a friend who keeps contact daily make another one. :) There are a lot of us here to be friends with. (((((Hugs to you all)))))). I love all you guys but I too have not been on the boards much. Life is always changing and we have to adapt and keep our priorities in order.

MsPiggy44
03-02-2003, 06:15 PM
DBackFan I hope you can enlighten me. Because I'm confused.
It doesn't take much to say "Thank You". I have never expected to get something everyday all it takes is an email. If I send you something I would hope that you would let me know you got it and say "Hey thanks" but to receive something and not do anything about is another thing. I'm not trying to start anything here just venting my thoughts and if I'm out of line then someone needs to let me know.

This is a Vent and Whine post.

midniteblu2
03-02-2003, 07:35 PM
I have a terrific friend & we try to email each other daily. I am sure she understand that there are days when I can not email like I understand there are bad days for her as well.
I am sorry that you are having troubles with your friend MsPiggy44. If you want a daily or at least semi-daily email friend let me know. I have no problem with doing that. I am not at the point where I am feeling well enough to do alot of shopping to keep exchaning gifts on a regular basis. Right now I need to find the energy to get my St Patty's Day gift mailed & shop for my Secret Bunny.
{{MSPiggy44}}

julie_angel
03-02-2003, 07:54 PM
I am sorry to hear things are not working out with your friend. I totally see what dbackfan was saying, but I see your point, also. I think maybe I would send her an e-mail and say, "hey, I understand if you don't want to do this friend thing anymore, could ya just let me know?" Ya know, express your point in a nice way, and see what happens. Maybe there is an explanation.
I signed up for the "friends" thing too. We don't talk everyday, but when we do we get along great. Flower did a great job matching us up.
I really hope things work out well for you.

DreamWarrior
03-03-2003, 05:35 AM
Sometimes ppl sign up for these things when things are going great for them and then all of a sudden things get all turned upside down. They might just get really embarrassed about it and dont want to say anything so they just withdraw from everyone and everything.

So, if your "friend" hasnt gotten ahold of you lately, maybe you should reach out to them and let them know that you are here and if they need to talk that you are there for them :) Just an idea :)

MsPiggy44
03-03-2003, 02:26 PM
tinkrbell I'll adopt ya..........

Now to get back at the reason for this post. First let me say that the person I have as a friend is a very sweet person. Second she is going through some stuff right now and she want's to still do the friend thing which is OK with me. Third I was just venting a little and had to get it off of my chest and since doing so I have been in contact with my friend. OK now everything is just fine.

And Tinkrbell PM me with your snail mail addy and lets start exchanging cards and lets make a great new friendship. OKEY DOKEY....

julie_angel
03-03-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm SO glad things worked out well for you! Sorry to hear that your friend is going through stuff, but I'm glad you are there for her. Good luck to you and good luck with all of your friendships!:D