PDA

View Full Version : Well, We Are Going to Counseling Tomorrow

Ladytiger
02-26-2003, 10:22 PM
After the "bomb" that was dropped last week, from DD, and DD's behavior, she has agreed to go to counseling. In the meantime, we have been recording her phone calls ( I DON'T like doing this-so please don't flame me), and let's just say that I am very enlightened as to what is going on.I am now the mean ogre becaue I have put my foot down harder then ever now. I can't really go into details, as it would paint a much bleaker picture then it may be. Hopefully, the counselor can give us some answers tomorrow night. I am just taking one step at a time, one day at a time as well. It still looks like ODD to me, as well as depression issues. Anybody that has any info about ODD, I may need it after tomorrow night. I haven't emailed anyone about it, until I am sure that we are dealing with that. So, in the meantime, I am asking for prayers that all goes well tomorrow night and that we get answers so we can get the right help. I refuse to live in a war zone OR let her run this house!:mad:
Will keep this updated, thank you ALL for your concern!

odyssey
02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Ladytiger good luck, and hope that life for your DD gets better

spongebob
02-26-2003, 11:49 PM
good luck i will keep both of you in my prayers

renrut*
02-26-2003, 11:50 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Maeryn
02-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Good Luck! {{{Patti and BabyGirl}}}

DreamWarrior
02-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Oh man... Im sorry that this is happening to you!!!!!!! Like Maeryn said... Good Luck!!!

(((((((Patti & J-girl)))))))

nooshu
02-27-2003, 07:03 AM
Stay strong hun. As a survivor of my son's ADHD, I know how devasting it is to live through "your baby" having problems that you can't solve or "make all better". One day at a time is definately the way to go. I wish you lots of luck, strength and sanity through all of this. ((((((((Ladytiger & DD)))))))))))) At least, you are at the beginning of the path to help and healing. May it only get better from here on out. Lots of hugs !!;)

jademyst13
02-27-2003, 07:33 AM
((((((((Ladytiger & DD))))))))))))

jcw
02-27-2003, 08:29 AM
{{{{{{{{Ladytiger}}}}}}}}}

Ladytiger
02-27-2003, 10:11 AM
After having a horrible morning's sleep, I just went in her room and cried. It's like I don't even know her now. She isn't into anything bad, and really she isn't a bad kid (no trouble in school etc), just unbearable to live with most of the time. I think of all the times up until last year that we did things together and she was always "mommy's girl". I just hope and pray that we get some answers tonight, so that we know what we are dealing with:( Thanks for listening and being there for me...all of you.

CABANN
02-27-2003, 10:14 AM
{{{{{Ladytiger}}}}}}

schsa
02-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Check out the NAMI site (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill). They have tons of information and reference materials. You will find the most current information there.

Barbara690
02-27-2003, 03:36 PM
As for recording her phone calls,do not feel bad or guilty.I had a therapist tell me that you have to do whatever you can to keep your child safe.If they are not communicating,being secretive,sneaky,depressed that going through their rooms,listening in on calls or whatever is the only way you can keep on top of things.I have a SD that has attachment disorder and that is the only way we know what is going on and to keep her safe.I am very careful to not let her know and I never bring up topics in her journal but it has helped us to be one step ahead of some of her schemes.I know there are a lot of people who will disagree and I don't like it either but there is no other alternative.

Tasha405
02-27-2003, 04:50 PM
{{{{LT&DD}}}}