PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scout Cookies!

jup677
02-26-2003, 08:28 PM
I just want a little vent. All I want to say is that it is illegal to sell Girl Scout Cookies over the internet. Thats all I want to say.
See it wasn't that long or anything...
C;)

mewoman
02-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Okay, I'll bite. Where is this law on the law books? Why is it illegal?

cpbaby
02-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mewoman
Okay, I'll bite. Where is this law on the law books? Why is it illegal?

Thats what I was wondering!:confused:

miccit
02-26-2003, 08:49 PM
It is against Girl Scout council laws to sell Girl Scout cookies over the internet. This is a safety issue (they don't want girls conversing with strangers on line-- it is ok to e-mail friends and family to ask them to buy cookies) Any girl caught selling cookies over the internet (or her family) will be banned from selling cookies and will not earn cookie credits for the cookies sold.

Here we are having the problem of people passing out cookies before they are allowed to. There is a set delivery date and NO cookies are to go out before that date. And of course a few people have to ruin it for everyone. These girls will lose their cookie credits for these cookies. Cookie credits go to pay for camp and other things they want.

I am curious where is someone selling on-line at?

cpbaby
02-26-2003, 08:52 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=girl+scout+cookies

ALL KINDS of them on Ebay!

bngomom
02-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Is this a joke? Why would anyone pay those prices for cookies? I only buy them because of the girls I know that are selling them. I would rather buy cookies at the store.

miccit
02-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by EMELLE
and you know they are full of CARBS!!!!!

As Homer Simpson would say OOOOOOOOH Carbs! :p I know they are full of carbs, but it is only once a year and I am so addicted to these darn things. I am being good though. I have 153 cases of these darn things in my dining room and I haven't eaten any of them yet!

I will have to check out Ebay. I never go there. It is just wrong to do this. There are rules set up for the girls to follow and a few break the rules. In my troop I try to teach my girls that all rules apply to all Girl Scouts. I hope I am getting through to them. I don't give out any cookies to any of the girls until delivery day (I am allowed to pass them out today, but I will wait until Friday) because I don't want anyone to get tempted to pass them out early.

kelblend
02-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Shoot i got mine last weekend and they are lonnngggg gone. lol

miccit
02-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Every council has different times for delivery of cookies. I know my friend in Ohio has different selling times than we do.

As for not selling on the internet, I think it is just the safety issue. I am not sure. I just know that it is policy not to sell on the internet. Most girls sell to family, some do door to door, and most of us do booth sales (selling outside of stores). There is a book of do's and don'ts for cookie selling. And you sign a contract stating you will follow these rules. I personally don't think it is a big deal if the parents sell on line, but I don't make the rules and no one ever asks my opinion!

If you really want to get me started on cookies-- how fair is it that each troop receives $.35 a box for cookies sold-- the cookie baker receives $.85 and the rest goes to the Girl Scout council! The council uses the money for upkeep and scholarships, but I think the girls should earn a little more. They do get cookie credits, but they can only be used in Girl Scout stores and to pay for camp. The Girl Scout stores are very expensive to shop at (think $7.00 for a pair of socks!).

miccit
02-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kelblend
Shoot i got mine last weekend and they are lonnngggg gone. lol

They just don't last long do they? I buy so many each year cause they are here and are a huge temptation to the family.

jayhawkfan
02-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I cant wait to get my cookies. I bought them from a friend I know online, from her troop. I love girl scout cookies. In fact I love girl scouts lol. I was heartbroken when I made it all the way through Cadets.

miccit
02-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Boy Scout popcorn is awesome. Especially that one with the caramel and the almonds.

Our council has a new program here with cookies. It is called cookie share. Each troop (if they want to do it) picks a non-profit organization. People can buy cookies to donate to your organization. A lot of people do this who want to help out the troop but either don't like or can't have the cookies. My troop adopted a food bank. So all of our cookie share cookies will go to them.

lilbugger
02-26-2003, 09:57 PM
I got my cookies today. YUMMY I love tagalongs.

miccit
02-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lilbugger
I got my cookies today. YUMMY I love tagalongs.

Edy's and Dreyers make that type of icecream. It has cookies in it. It is so good!

lilbugger
02-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by miccit
Edy's and Dreyers make that type of icecream. It has cookies in it. It is so good!

WOW! Thanks, I didnt know that, I will have to get some and try it.:D

missymommy
02-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Well I talk to my family out in western PA by yahoo each family member has their own computer and ID for yahoo. So I talk to my neice just about everyday and I knew that it was cookie time and I asked what was new and she said nothing this year so I told her my normal loving aunt order (yaha) and got my 6 boxes coming this week, I also bought from a little girl that comes to my door every year. But those won't be here as fast as the ones I ordered from my neice.

miccit
02-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by missymommy
Well I talk to my family out in western PA by yahoo each family member has their own computer and ID for yahoo. So I talk to my neice just about everyday and I knew that it was cookie time and I asked what was new and she said nothing this year so I told her my normal loving aunt order (yaha) and got my 6 boxes coming this week, I also bought from a little girl that comes to my door every year. But those won't be here as fast as the ones I ordered from my neice.

My MIL always ends up buying from my dots and her neighbors grand daughters. I don't know how many people last year bought from us at booth sales all the while telling us how they had already bought from someone else.

lilbugger-- they have the mint, the tagalongs, the caramel delites, and a couple of others I can't remember. And this year they gave us a recipe to make peach cobbler with the shortbread ones.

poohbear1975
02-27-2003, 08:18 AM
Now I want some and haven't seen them sold here yet :rolleyes:

Donnagg123
02-27-2003, 08:29 AM
I know this is a bit off subject, but I went to the e-bay link that cpbaby put up and here is what some one is actually selling!

"You are buying a LINK to a website. The website has created and tested recipes found to taste the same as food chain restaurant food.
Girl Scout Thin Mints Cookies, Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Chili's, Applebees, McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's Wendy's, Little Debbie, KFC, and many, many more!

Again, you are buying the website address, Not the recipes.
They are Not the original recipes.
They were created, tested, and proven to taste the same."

There is already a bid for 99 cents! I wouldn't pay ANYTHING for that when I can do a search on google and get it for free! Some people :rolleyes: Try to make a buck off of anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lora_1994
02-27-2003, 08:32 AM
my husband went behind my back and ordered 60.00 worth of girl scout cookies from his foremans daughter... I could have killed him

what the HELL are we going to do with that many boxes.. that comes to what 20 boxes of cookies?? we'll have some still next year

he said he was going to order 100.00 but thought I'd get mad. UGHHHHHH ... MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miccit
02-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Lora_1994
my husband went behind my back and ordered 60.00 worth of girl scout cookies from his foremans daughter... I could have killed him

what the HELL are we going to do with that many boxes.. that comes to what 20 boxes of cookies?? we'll have some still next year

he said he was going to order 100.00 but thought I'd get mad. UGHHHHHH ... MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better I spent over $200 for cookies last year. My 4 year old kept opening packages when our backs were turned. Plus, I gave a lot out as gifts. This year I keep telling myself I will not do that! Yeah, right I already have some ordered to send to a couple of people!

Enjoy your cookies. The Thin Mints can be frozen for up to 6 months if it is any help!

Lora_1994
02-27-2003, 08:58 AM
thats good to know ... I think all he ordered was 4 boxes of thin mints, 8 boxes of the ones with the peanut butter in the middle and the coconut and carmel ones.

Wow.. 200.00

but if your buying for others I can see that... I dont mind cause he's always got a sweet tooth and the man never gains an ounce. So if this could possibly put an ounce of meat on his bones .. I guess I wont complain too much..lol

miccit
02-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by trkdrvrswife
girl scout cookies rule :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey can I use that on our posters this year???

Last year our posters we used outside of the grocery stores said Got Milk???? NEED COOKIES!!!!!!!!! My 8 year old came up with that one!

Lingerie
02-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Who would want to pay shipping from an auction on top of the price they already are?

miccit
02-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Have you gotten any this year yet?

Angelseyes28
02-27-2003, 10:35 AM
:eek: no fair I want girl scout cookies too, but so far I haven't seen them being sold around here:(

miccit
02-27-2003, 11:14 AM
A lot of councils don't start selling cookies until tomorrow. After tomorrow you all will be so tired of seeing Girl Scouts!;) By the time cookies are over I am ready to quit. I say this every year and this is my fourth year as leader. Next year I will have 3 troops so I will really be insane after cookies.

And to top it all off I told my troop if they could make their goal I would take them all to Chuck E. Cheese!:rolleyes: What was I thinking????

Moonmama
02-27-2003, 12:24 PM
I just got a case of the D@MN things!!LOL One of my best friend's DD is a Girl Scout and I help her "unload" them by delivering them to my family for her. Unfortunately(LOL), a lot of them do not make it out of my house;) My DH is addicted to the Samoas-the chocolate/coconut/caramel ones:p As for me, I am boring;) I can't get enough of the shortbread ones:eek: ;)

miccit
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Moonmama
I just got a case of the D@MN things!!LOL One of my best friend's DD is a Girl Scout and I help her "unload" them by delivering them to my family for her. Unfortunately(LOL), a lot of them do not make it out of my house;) My DH is addicted to the Samoas-the chocolate/coconut/caramel ones:p As for me, I am boring;) I can't get enough of the shortbread ones:eek: ;)

I live for the caramel delite ones. If you want a copy of the Shortbread cookie peach cobbler let me know, I will send it to you.

cinnamonch
02-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Someone told me that different areas of the country have different cookies. Can anyone verify that? Was told this was because they come from different bakeries.

Would love to have something different than the ones we get.

Moonmama
02-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by miccit
I live for the caramel delite ones. If you want a copy of the Shortbread cookie peach cobbler let me know, I will send it to you.
Oh, yeah....baby!! :D Do you still have my e-mail addy?? Thanks!!:cool:

miccit
02-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dashy
We don't have that one around here...What is that exactly?

Caramel delites are the same as the samoas just a different name.

Cinnamonch-- everyone has some of the same cookies and then a few that are different. At our council we have Peanut Butter Patties (also known as Tag A Longs in other councils), Thin Mints, Shortbread (these are the original Girl Scout cookie), Caramel Delites (also known as Samoas), Animal Treasures (they are a shortbread cookie with animals on the front and chocolate on the back), Peanut butter sandwich, lemon pastry creme (these are reduced fat), and Friendship Circles (these are a sandwich cookie with friend written in 5 different languages on them they have chocolate in the middle.

In the county next to us they have apple cinnamon instead of Friendship Circles and Mexican Wedding cakes instead of Animal Treasures.

flute
02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Ebay ain't the only place..

farmmnger
02-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Just called a girl I watch and ordered 3 boxes from her. 2 Tagalongs and 1 Thin Mint. I love Tagalongs and 2 boxes won't be enough. That's enough for now. Thanks for reminding me to buy them.

miccit
02-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Caramel Delites-biggest seller here Im not crazy about them though

gimme some thin mints im a happy cookie eater :D

I like those too. I love the Thin Mint Ice Cream. I am going to be huge by the end of cookie sales.:eek: Not really I will be frozen from sitting out in front of the grocery stores with the girls. :)

Angelbear3
02-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Samoas are my favorite by far!! They make the Samoa ice cream too :)

miccit
02-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I love the Samoa ice cream too! Heck, I think I like all of the ice creams!

I don't like the Friendship circle cookies. The chocolate in the middle tastes like cocoa powder.

miccit
02-27-2003, 04:42 PM
im lost what are those?????????

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

They are a type of cookie we have here in my service unit. They are vanilla sandwich cookies with chocolate in the middle. On the outside of the cookies they say Friend in 5 different languages (Cherokee, Japanese, Spanish, French, English, and another one)

Tasha405
02-27-2003, 04:42 PM
I never see any girls selling cookies here and I would love to have some. :(

miccit
02-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Tasha405
I never see any girls selling cookies here and I would love to have some. :(

You can call your local Girl Scout council and they will be able to set you up with a Girl Scout or at least tell you where they will be selling outside of stores. Hope you find some.

My neighbor was just over here asking if I had them yet, had to tell her not til tomorrow. She said midnight is tomorrow right? I hope she was kidding!:D

Tasha405
02-27-2003, 04:51 PM
You can call your local Girl Scout council and they will be able to set you up with a Girl Scout or at least tell you where they will be selling outside of stores. I never even thought about that! Thanks, I hope I find some too. hehehe ;)

juliegirl78
02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Tasha! You're so sweet already, you don't need any cookies! :rolleyes: ROFL

Tasha405
02-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by juliegirl78
Tasha! You're so sweet already, you don't need any cookies! :rolleyes: ROFL Whatever! :p

hehehe {{{{{{Julie}}}}}}} **smooches** ;)

juliegirl78
02-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Aw... :o {{{{{{Tasha}}}}}} **Smooches** back! ;)

miccit
02-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Let me know if you need help finding your council. I have a book of council numbers somewhere!