PDA

View Full Version : no water tomorrow

Sweetberries
02-26-2003, 06:43 PM
they're turing off the water tomorrow from 9am to 4pm for testing and repair.

cpbaby
02-26-2003, 06:52 PM
At least they are giving you warning. One Saturday we got up and had NO WATER, no explination or ANYTHING, just no water till well after lunch.

I hate being without water.

{{{{{sweetberries}}}}}

Sweetberries
02-26-2003, 06:54 PM
I would have to agree with you there at least they gave us a warning lol

mrs.john
02-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Well, I guess you'll have to go shopping!

Willow
02-26-2003, 07:14 PM
That happened to us about a month ago. One of the pipes was leaking really bad in the basement so we couldn't use the water. It was on a Saturday and I was just about to get in the shower when my neighbor called and told me we couldn't use the water. It really sucks to be without water.

Sweetberries
02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
mrs.john
great idea! thanks :)

CarolinaBlue
02-27-2003, 04:03 AM
It is really tough to live without water. In December, during an ice storm, we had no water (no power for the well pump) for 4 days! :eek:

nooshu
02-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey-I don't know if you thought of it, but I would suggest shutting off the fuse to your water heater until the power comes back on. I am living in the middle of water heater nightmare. We are having major construction in this part of town and last week the guy came and told me they were turning off the water until after 3 pm. I just said ok. Well, maybe he was telling us so we could shut off water heaters or something. I don't know-I'm kinda "jill-of-all-trades, master of none".

Well ever since then, the first lucky person into the shower can get 2.5 minutes of warmish water. All the others must suffer through the frigid rapids.:rolleyes:

It is a new water heater and it does heat the water, it just keeps turning off. So today was the worst. I just took out the paperwork on it and one of the problems under troubleshooting is if electricity is applied but the water heater's tank is not completely full of water. So I just took their advice and shut off power to heater, ran all hot water faucets for 3 minutes which should remove all of the air and refill the tank and turn back on the power.

So I just wanted to save you a headache. Next time the guy tells me that, I will run to turn off the power to the water heater. Live and learn! LOL:D (BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!);) May my nightmare be over soon. I have severe brain freeze:(