PDA

View Full Version : OMG My carport fell on my truck..........

etxbluberi
02-26-2003, 06:24 PM
We have had sleet/snow/ice here, hardly ever happens, Anyway, I'm sitting watching tv, and heard LOUD boom, I think it's just an ice sheet falling from the roof, THEN it shakes my house and all I see is sheet metal and wood and ice. My truck is under carport. I am freaking out porch is hanging on my house about to fall off, too.
Hubby finally gets home and tries to move my truck out and the whole carport starts moving again. I start screaming thinking he's fixing to get squashed. His backhoe is on a job, the skid loader won't start, so he made some kind of pole support to hold it up while he drove my truck out. My truck has a huge dent in top of cab where windshield meets top. He says, hardly any damage OMG, I know it could have been alot worse, but I know when it rains my windshield will leak.
I'll update on carport and porch tomorrow, him and his guys are gonna have to take it all apart. That really scares me!!!

Thank for listening to my rambling.

cpbaby
02-26-2003, 06:33 PM
WOW!!! Im glad you werent IN the truck when it happened!

Will your Homeowners insurance pay for the damage?

miccit
02-26-2003, 06:34 PM
I am so sorry. I am glad that you and your DH weren't hurt though. Will your insurance cover your truck?

odyssey
02-26-2003, 08:09 PM
wow that stinks, maybe you can report it the insurance company for the damages.

jademyst13
02-27-2003, 07:47 AM
Oh wow! I'm glad no one got hurt, let us know what happens.