PDA

View Full Version : UGGGGGHHHHH......VENTING w/ a slight trace of a whine or two

Jasonsbaby
02-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Let me being w/ saying UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH I have been coming the BBS website for about three months now, I mainily enjoy "window shopping" but recentily have been using it to find ISO items that I cant find locally. I have had one bad experience after another! (Except for one or two sellers who were EXCELLENT and did everything to make sure our transaction went well, and for that, I thank you. You know know you are;) I dont need to mention names)
I created a new thread for my ISO list after three days, as we are allowed to do. I recieved this response from this women selling SAMPLES I dont understand why people think that they can SELL FREE SAMPLES . Thank makes no sense to me, why should I give you money for things that you recieved 100% free from companies who had to eat the cost for what you are making profit off of.
Another thing, selling coupons! Im not talking about speciality coupons, but crap that people cut out of th Sunday paper, that really irks me, what right do you have to sell something you got for free out of the paper or in mailed flyers? Ok, so it cost you the price of the paper. I can understand asking for postage, SURE thats fine.
Another time I recieved a package, am not going to speak of the contents, but it was POORILY wrapped in one layer of bubble rap in a bubble rap mailer, sent 3rd class mail with stamps all over the place, this person didnt even bother going to the post office, just slapped stamps on it and sent it. How much bother would it be to wrap bubble rap around something and put it in a BOX? We all have boxes just laying around....USE THEM. (actually, this has happened on other occasion, not always arriving in bubble mailers, but poorily packaged)
What about people that sell BURNED Cd's for $7.00. So you bought the Cd, you listen to it and enjoy it, you've gotten your moneys worth. Dont email me telling me you will burn me a CD which will cost you around $2.00 a piece to make and ship, for $7,00. Nevermind it is ILLEAGEL.

mrs.john
02-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with FSOT :( I've been really lucky so far. While I don't agree with everything that is up for sale, I guess all you can do is try to avoid those posts.
{{{Jasonsbaby}}}

kelblend
02-26-2003, 04:32 PM
Yep,some people sell and some give. It's their choice either way to do it, and your choice to accept or refuse. :0)

Sunee
02-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Jasonsbaby
I dont understand why people think that they can SELL FREE SAMPLES . Thank makes no sense to me, why should I give you money for things that you recieved 100% free from companies who had to eat the cost for what you are making profit off of.

Another thing, selling coupons! Im not talking about speciality coupons, but crap that people cut out of th Sunday paper, that really irks me, what right do you have to sell something you got for free out of the paper or in mailed flyers? Ok, so it cost you the price of the paper. I can understand asking for postage, SURE thats fine.
What about people that sell BURNED Cd's for $7.00. So you bought the Cd, you listen to it and enjoy it, you've gotten your moneys worth. Dont email me telling me you will burn me a CD which will cost you around $2.00 a piece to make and ship, for $7,00. Nevermind it is ILLEAGEL.

Everyone has the choice to accept the terms or not. Some people don't mind paying for coupons they want or nice samples that are worth the little bit of money the seller is asking for them. It's not really hurting anyone so I don't see why anyone would get upset over it. As far as the cd's go....that person had to initially pay for the cd (whether it be music, games or programs), the burner, and the cd's to burn them on. Not to mention the cost of supplies to mail the cd's. I don't think $7 for a cd I really want is much to ask. There are some programs that I have that I paid over $100 for. I would definately ask $7 a piece for them if someone wasn't a good friend or family member. I don't see anything wrong with it. As far as it being illegal.....it's also illegal for someone to buy these copied cd's ;). To each his own :)

Jasonsbaby
02-26-2003, 09:44 PM
I do not buy ILLEGEAL copied/burned CD's or software, this is response to a nasty email I recieved in regards to this vent. I was not personally insulting anyone, I was VENTING. Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings, I was expressing mine.

julie_angel
02-26-2003, 10:02 PM
I was not personally insulting anyone, I was VENTING. Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings, I was expressing mine.

You are absolutely right. And furthermore, I think if someone has a problem with your vent, they should have replied on the thread and not e-mailed you.

PrncsNYC
02-27-2003, 12:51 AM
I go to a site to buy my coupons and I am GRATEFUL that it exists. I can buy my 1.00 off veggie product coupons for .05 each and they are doubled that means I save 1.95 on each one and I get about 20 at a time. I also buy them off ebay. I see nothing wrong with supply and demand. That is how I save 70-90% on my grocery bills. :)

I am not sure if anyone has ever tried to burn a cd of music for someone but it's a pain in the ass. I'd charge for my time and the cost of teh cd which can be over 2.0 if you don't know where to get a good deal.

Sunee
02-27-2003, 02:33 AM
I do not buy ILLEGEAL copied/burned CD's or software, this is response to a nasty email I recieved in regards to this vent. I was not personally insulting anyone, I was VENTING. Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings, I was expressing mine.

Noone accused you of buying illegal cd's or insulting anyone :p. I was simply expressing my thoughts and feelings as well ;)

mom4angels
02-27-2003, 04:50 AM
PrncsNYC what is the site that you buy coupons from I would like to check it out.