PDA

View Full Version : Burned by Outpost.com.....

ksham
02-26-2003, 11:31 AM
I was in the market (still am actually lol) for a deep fryer. I searched a few places and did quite a lot of price and size comparisons. The largest one that was the best buy was a 6 quart Aroma 'Cool Fry' Deep Fryer for $42.90. I placed the order on Sat the 22nd. I received it today. Apparently, they have 2nd day air as the default ship method - for $16.90!! Also, the "huge 6 quart capacity" fryer is actually only a 2 quart. On the web page it says 6 qt in two seperate places!!! I'm ticked. I called customer service and was greeted by an extremely condescending rep who would only say that it was my own error on the shipping (and, in truth I did not realize 2nd day was default - I must not have paid close enough attention, though I feel its a very sneaky way to have it set up.)and as for the 6 quart verses the 2 quart discrepency he doesn't know why. He then tried to END THE CALL! He said "Ok, so is there anything else I can do for you now?"!!??! I'm like YEAH! You can get me someone who can tell me why the site misrepresented the size of the fryer! He told me that it was probably just a mistake. Then he said "So, is there anything else?" I asked for a supervisor and they took my number to have one call me. I am seething. Any suggestions?!

Oh- here's a link to the item:Aroma Cool Touch Deep Fryer (http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3278151)

John
02-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Print the page for your records. Just in case you need it later.

schsa
02-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Call back and tell them that you are not hanging up until you speak to a supervisor. Be very firm and don't let someone walk over you. I would have given that rep a piece of my mind. Then write Planet Feedback and complain there. You should not have been treated like this and they should be trying to correct the situation ASAP. I hope you got that person's name so you can complain about him as well.

odyssey
02-26-2003, 12:00 PM
that stinks,
A) maybe they shipped out a smaller one-meaning they carry both sizes.
b)call back AGAIN another rep or something please they do that, When asked "anything else I can do for you now?" I would say YEAH there is get me another rep with authority or know how to handle this mistake and confusion.

good luck!

Technologist
02-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Not to start a fight, but don't run off to planet feedback,,,, yet.

Call them back, tell them you printed the page, and you are prepared to send it to your local state's attorney, as well as the BBB and the local tv stations. TELL them that you will settle for either:

a. A full refund, to include shipping charges, as well as have them pay for return shipping.

OR

b. Have them send you a 6 quart fryer, and pay for return shipping.

OR

c. refund everything.

If they refuse, call your credit card company and tell them you are refusing that charge, because you did not get what you ordered.... don't even mention that you "misread" the shipping charge. Then youget to keep the fryer (hehehe).

ksham
02-26-2003, 12:54 PM
Well, I did call back and I held for a supervisor. I was given a RMA# but I have to front the costs of shipping it back. Which bites. They did say they will refund me my money, though, including shipping both ways. What do you guys think about me shipping it to them 2nd day - I do need my money back asap after all, so I can get a fryer, since theirs was in fact not a fryer, but a crock (of...)... (heh):)

Jasonsbaby
02-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Went to the link you specified, added to cart, and this is the shipping options I got:

Ground shipping starts at $3.95
2nd day air shipping starts at $5.95
Overnight delivery starts at $7.95

Express Account Users click here

So in theory, you could have shipped it for Ground, make sure to bring that to the attention of the supervisor,IF they call you back.

Technologist
02-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ksham
Well, I did call back and I held for a supervisor. I was given a RMA# but I have to front the costs of shipping it back. Which bites. They did say they will refund me my money, though, including shipping both ways. What do you guys think about me shipping it to them 2nd day - I do need my money back asap after all, so I can get a fryer, since theirs was in fact not a fryer, but a crock (of...)... (heh):)

I went through their site.... and it says if you return something, it could take them 2 CREDIT CYCLES to refund your money...... think about that before you return it.

If it were me, I would tell them it is their fault, they are guilty of false advertising, and they need to refund my money NOW.... and send a prepaid shipping label to return it.

Did you ever ask them if they ACTUALLY had a 6 quart version?????

ksham
02-26-2003, 06:22 PM
I told my husband what happened when he got home and he called ans raised he!! about it. He asked - no, insisted- that they send them the 6 quart one they advertised. They said they didn't have one, so he was like oh... so basically you lied... lol. Anyway, we didn't get anywhere... So I called Aroma Company, the manufactorer. They were kinda ticked too, and they printed off the page and will be contacting Outpost too. I am not sending it back until I get my money back, and if I don't get my money back I will take it EVERY forum I can think of to let people know how sneaky they were. I will also at that point dispute charges on my cc for misrepresentation. Sound like a plan to you guys?!