PDA

View Full Version : Need puter help AGAIN!!!!!

nonda
02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't really even know for sure how to describe this problem. My *!%**!!%(% BIL was on my computer this weekend and now ........ well anyway anytime I start up my puter some kind of window shows up that the heading is CSCRIPS.....after being on the puter for 10-15 minutes it freezes up and I have to control-alt-delete....I can't find this file.....and the virus scan doesn't show anything???? When I sign off, it tells me I have done the illegal thing, then freezes up totally, where I have to flip the switch on the surge protecter..I know this is not good as it messes up the hard drive!!! Does anyone have any ideas?????:( :( :( :( :( :(

John
02-25-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't think anyone can help you until you list more info. What was the error message?

nonda
02-26-2003, 05:22 AM
there is no error message when the CSCRIPS window comes up...but when I sign off and come back it says you have performed an illegal operation and will shut down (something to that effect), but that is when I have to go to the surge protecter because it will not do anything, not even the control-alt-delete will reboot it. The defrag won't work either. Its like some program is running (maybe the CSCRIPS) thing.....I am very dumb about computers!!!!! I just want it to work...LOL.......

IDONTKNOW
02-26-2003, 08:11 AM
I am not sure if this work but go into your start program click on run (actually depending what you have I have win xp) but uhhh left click start.. go to run....where it says OPEN type in MSCONFIG. click ok....click on the tab that says START UP.. see if there is a program in there that has that what ever you said and turn it off. I had something like that before and it messed my puter all up and i was told todothat and I found the program in there and it was nothing . so as soon as I shut that program down my puter was good to go. But I cant be possitive that it will work . You can look and see. If anything you will have to reformat your puter or at least take it to a restore point. I have puter problems as well. Sorry if this was no help.

John
02-26-2003, 11:16 AM
You might have a virus on your computer.

http://forums.zdnet.com/group/zd.Windows.98/cnet/cnetnt.tpt/@thread@26467@F@1@D-,D@ALL/@article@mark@26467?ROS=1&OC=75

Scan for Viruses
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=JNQKXYSHMSPCSIZMEJW

nonda
02-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys...I will try these!

nonda
02-26-2003, 09:16 PM
I think I got it! Idontknow's info worked...we'll just see if it stays gone!