PDA

View Full Version : Yeast infection. There, I said it.

denisemm
02-25-2003, 12:35 PM
I hate them. And the treatments are almost as bad. I got a one day treatment, the walmart generic "equate" brand. it was liek $4 less than the name brand, so what the heck. Well, when I got it home to do it, its not the "soft gel ovule" thing, its the tube of cream witht he applicator. I HATE the damn tubes of cream. Its not jsut me is it? The stuff oozes right back out at every opportunity - a cough, sneeze, when you pee, etc. But you can't wash it out. So I'm just an icky nasty, itchy mess down there. Its so annoying! And how can it really cure the yeast infection when it all oozes right back out within 12 hours anyway? And I deal with this so often, because if someone looks at me sideways I get a yeast infection, I get one about every 2 or 3 months, about 5 a year. ITS ANNOYING!

OK, so this is probably way too much info, but dammit, its really annoying, and I can't be alone in this. Please tell me I'm not the only one with these issues!!

rugratsX2
02-25-2003, 12:42 PM
I don't get them all too often, but I do agree that the cream is nasty and uncomfortable. Hope it clears up quickly for you!

Nikkole
02-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Be careful using the store bought cream it could make it worse or not work at all I had a yeast infection and bought Monistat 7. Well the infection diden't get better it got worse so I went to my doctor and he told me that that Monistat or any over the counter cream can cause more problems then good and not to use them.
if you have insurance call your doctor and get Diflcan SP?
It's a pill you can take to get rid of the infection with no fuss or mess.

captorquewrench
02-25-2003, 01:12 PM
I used to get them a lot too.

what got them under control was shaving, no panties, no pads. skirts, not slacks, no pantyhose. got to do what you can to keep dry & ventilated. if you have to wear panties, make it cotton. if you dont want to shave, trim closely.

if you continue to use creams.....do them at night (THEN do panties & pad)

also, you may want to take an acidophilus capsule (use live acidospholus in capsules from a health food store, they should store it in a cooler, NOT on the shelf) and mix with distilled water to douche with. one capsule per 8 oz douche. douche as slowly as possible.

if you didn't know, acidopholus is a natural beneficial bacteria already found in your intestines (BTW, after you take a course of antibiotics you'll want to take some acidopholus to replace your intestinal flora which is wiped out by the antiobiotics, which is why you can get diarrhea & yeast infections when taking them)

I know this may sound like WTMI......but im just trying to help

mpmyers
02-25-2003, 01:59 PM
I feel for ya hon! I just got over one 2 weeks ago. The things women have to put up with!!

sleepy1
02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Been there sooo many times. I used to get them every time I took an antibiotic. Now that I am diabetic, I get them a lot. Rinse with vinegar and water. It helps with the acidity. (sp?) Douches with this help also.

IFeelLucky
02-25-2003, 02:19 PM
I thought I had one but didnt but the dr gave me a one time pill to treat it. I went to pharmacy to see what it costs because its presicribed and it was 20.00. The lady there told me that this pill is a miricle drug and gets it gone so fast. I thought Id let you know that theres a new wonder drug for this out now. all this is , is 1 pill, thats all.

denisemm
02-25-2003, 07:11 PM
woo-hoo capt! ;) seriously, I shave, only wear cotton undies, NEVER wear panithose (hate em), never wear tight fitting pants (no one needs to see that ;) ), etc. But I dont' wear skirts, I hate skirts too, and hubby & I both make sure we wash before we do anything, and after. But yeah, since being pg then getting the depo shot, I get them real easily. It sucks.

I do have acidopholis in my fridge, and if I would actually remember to take it, it would probably help. I'll have to put it somewhere in there that I can see it better.

But yeah, at least I'm not alone! Thanks!

midniteblu2
02-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Diflican is a wonder drug. I am also prone to yeast infeactions & now I would never go back to using cremes.
The $20 is well worth it.

jobrick
02-25-2003, 07:33 PM
I feel for you, I have never had one. My friend use to get them all the time. She is very overweight and always under stress and she was to watch her weight because of her blood sugar. She ended up having diabetes, this was causing her yeast infections.

http://www.yeastinfectionresource.com/yeast/article_yeast.asp

Ladytiger
02-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by midniteblu2
Diflican is a wonder drug. I am also prone to yeast infeactions & now I would never go back to using cremes.
The $20 is well worth it.

I agree with Midnite! Also, I kept getting one last summer, every other month and each one was worse then the other, doc gave both me and b/f the Diflucan. *Poof* was suddently gone within a day, no lie! Seems that b/f was a carrier, and we just kept passing it back and forth. Of course the guys have no way to tell this, and he is always clean too. I also take the acidopholis capsules daily, because it also helps keep the IBS flareups to a minimum. Hope this helps:p

Frogs
02-25-2003, 07:47 PM
I definitely feel for ya! I hate yeast infections, but then I don't guess anyone really likes them huh...lol! Bacterial infections are almost as bad. YUCK!!!!

I was at planned parenthood the other day and the dr asked me if I douched often. She said it's not good for you at all. She gave me this article about how feminine products make it more likely for women to get bacterial infections. She said that douching washes away the good bacteria that we have down there which keeps away the bad bacteria. I just thought I'd pass on that bit of information.

midniteblu2
02-25-2003, 07:50 PM
{{Patti}} Isn't that stuff terrific? I never knew a yeast infeaction could be cured that quickly.

Iluvbears
02-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Diflican didn't work for me. It gave me sever abdominal pains. The pain was so bad, it kept me in bed for three days.

Quaker_Parrots
02-26-2003, 05:20 AM
Also, do you take a bath or shower? baths are not good for you, they can actually cause you to get yeaast infections, and bladder infections (especially bubble baths) so if you take tub baths, I would suggest switching to a shower to see if it helps

schsa
02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
The last yeast infection I had was about 20 years ago. I really appreciate all of you who are having my share as well as your own.

CAMSmama
02-26-2003, 12:08 PM
I am diabetic and them frequently, I HATE those darn creams!! I do have a question since we are all on the subject anyway, when I get a yeast infection, the only time it relly bothers me is at night, then I can't sleep because the itch is so bad, anybody have this problem or know why it happens like this? the Doc didn't know (of course he's a guy and would only have a "book" answer anyway, not ever having it himself.)

denisemm
02-26-2003, 12:25 PM
scsha! umm... you're welcome... NOT!