PDA

View Full Version : Tootiemae saved the day...and my week...

houseoconfusion
02-25-2003, 06:44 AM
Let me start with the week went wrong starting the end of last week Fri. with a death in the family, then I got a nasty letter from a bbs member from the fsot boards because I couldn't return her email within hours (because I was at a funeral home, mind you). Then Sat. was supposed to be my soon to be 6 years old (whose real birthday is Mon.) first "real" birthday party, but we got hit with 9" of snow and 2-3' drift Fri, night and Sat. morning so 2 people showed up (instead of the 22 he was expecting), and he cried! So I promised him that the next morning I would take him shopping for his birthday but with all the snow the day before it was impossible to move my truck, so more tears from my baby all day. On Monday his "real birthday" even more snow so I told him we would wait until afternoon when the streets were cleared to go shopping. (The first real smile from him in days!) BUT of course that wasn't to happen, because as we were getting ready to leave my other son fell and sliced his hand about 6 " so it was emergencey room bound. Spent the day (NOON-6 PM) there feeling scared to death over on one sons injury and feeling guilty because my poor baby was spending his birthday with a babysitter after everything else that had went wrong with his "special day". But as I finally walked in the door, dreading facing him and his tears, I was met by one little boy so happy I started to cry! TOOTIEMAE (from fsot boards) had sent him a present in the mail! I had no clue she was doing this! SHE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT SHE DID FOR BOTH A MOM AND HER LITTLE BOY YESTERDAY!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

socks1211
02-25-2003, 07:27 AM
aww that was nice

jcw
02-25-2003, 08:12 AM
That's nice. Glad the little guy got cheered up

newwiccan
02-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Awwww, how nice of her!

houseoconfusion
02-25-2003, 08:45 AM
I don't think anyone can know how much a little thing like this can mean until it happens to them. :) Dawn

kelblend
02-25-2003, 10:35 AM
That's wonderful!!! I'm glad he was happy and everything ended up ok. I hope your other son is doing well. :0)

The snow has been driving us crazy as well. I sooo wanted to get out last weekend and finally got to sunday but not to where I wanted to go lol. But it was out!!

odyssey
02-25-2003, 12:10 PM
awwww how sweet of the BBS member.

Ladytiger
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Hugs to Tootiemae! Hon, you can always have an Un-birthday- pick a special day for your son, when the weather is better. I am glad that all turned out well for you, and the kiddos:p