PDA

View Full Version : Update on husband & his family (hospital)

belle5691
02-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Im home---after a week in the hospital. Ron was in Intensive Care and transferred to a hospital in KC...and the situation was touch and go. They did not know if he would live. He underwent heart surgery again on Thursday. In the meantime...I stayed with him until he was out of ICU and a regular room, then left on the day of my sons 13th birthday to spend some time with him, get some clean clothes with him, and a friend treated me to lunch for 1 hour that day. One of the other sisters came at my request to see her brother, then stopped by my parents home on the way back to her house, told them that I was out screwing a man while my husband was in the hospital critically ill, (NOT TRUE---a friend--the ONLY one who bothered to come to the hospital every day to check on Ron and I--even during the surgery--took me to lunch with Rons full knowledge and blessing). Told my parents that I was a filthy housekeeper, that I did not take care of my children right and that that day was the only time she had ever seen my children taken care of was when my mother had them. My mother, much to my shock came to my defense--told the SIL to get out of her home, to never contact me again, and that she was not welcome in their home either. In the meantime---other minor things have happened....day of surgery, had taken kids halfway to my parents rather than keeping them at hospital with me...rushing back to hospital for 8 am surgery and car broke down. Someone stopped and picked me up and took me to front doors of hospital. Made it at 8 05. Our tax person messed up our rapid refund check. Therefore it was never filed yet...and I had to correct that situation. THEN....my husbands truck was repossessed during this week....I feel bad saying this---cause I dont want to be whining poor me...but I really do want a padded rubber room. AND--the new meds---with insurance copays are ONLY $350 a month. Thanks for listening to me whine....
Also--the SIL and court date---amazing when I absolutely refused to do it...and took care of my family.....they had no problem finding someone else to take her.

1busymomma
02-24-2003, 08:07 PM
(((((belleand family))))))) Your SIL sounds like and amazing piece of art, a true gem, a woman of a different breed. Please note intense but syrupy sweet sarcasm here. I am so glad your dh is better and that you got some time to go out with your friend. that is wonderful. Things will get better soon, hang in there.

jcw
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
hope the hubby recovers real fast

jayhawkfan
02-24-2003, 10:00 PM
{{{{belle and family}}}} Hang in there! I hope things start to look up soon :)

mesue
02-25-2003, 04:23 AM
so glad hubby is getting better, hope things keep improving, you have my sympathy on the SIL problem. Hooray for your Mom telling her off and taking up for you.

lameduch27
02-25-2003, 05:02 AM
Just wanted to give you a big {{{belle}}}

jademyst13
02-25-2003, 05:35 AM
{{{{belle and family}}}} I'm glad DH is doing better!

CABANN
02-25-2003, 08:49 AM
((((((belle&hubby))))))) I am glad your dh is doing better.

scifiwoman
02-25-2003, 09:04 AM
Glad things are looking up for you. :) {{{{hugs}}}}

odyssey
02-25-2003, 11:12 AM
{{{{{{belle5691 and family}}}}}}