PDA

View Full Version : i went to a chiropractor today...

irrelevant0
02-24-2003, 05:08 PM
and ouch! i'm sore. :( he said i won't start to feel better until i can get my muscels to loosen up... i go back thursday. i have to work on my posture *cringe* and do some type of exercise where i put my arms on the wall and lean into a corner... hopefully this will work, the pain has been getting worse after the wreck. :(

Lora_1994
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I hope you get to feeling better

((( hugs to you )))

mrs.john
02-24-2003, 05:46 PM
{{{{irrelevant0}}}}

nosamiam
02-24-2003, 06:53 PM
The chiropractor will help you so much! Just remember to go when you start to feel better!

Good luck

Ladytiger
02-24-2003, 07:15 PM
It will hurt for a little while, just don't stop when you are feeling better-and drink LOTS of water! That helps release the toxins in your body. You will be feeling great soon. Good luck, and I have you in my prayers.

irrelevant0
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
thanks everyone. :) ladytiger, i never though about water helping with this, thanks.

chelle, i'm gonna try to explain something he told me, it might help your back.

when you sit so that your posture is correct, there should be a small inward curve near your lower back. your pelvis should be "rolled" forward, it will automatically straighten the rest of your back and shoulders. so, when you sit, try to get into a habit of pushing your pelvis forward, and after a while it should come naturally. i hope this makes sence, i've explained it the best way i can think of...

i was told couches are really hard on the back because they induce slouching, and some recliners are as well. when sitting around for long periods of time, use a small pillow or cusion to support your lower back and help keep you from slouching.

he also told me about moist heat therapy. i'm not sure if that is the right name, but that's what i'm remembering. anyway, you need a gel pack, or a homemade heat pack. warm it up, then wrap it in a wet towel and place it on your back, or whatever is hurting at the time. it will loosen your muscels.

good luck chelle, i hope this helps your back - and anyone else who might be having problems.

julie_angel
02-25-2003, 12:53 AM
About the moist heat therapy, they make moist heat heating pads. you know the kind you plug into the wall. It's just like a regular heating pad, but it has a sponge that you dampen and put in the cover of it. It works really well. They also make microwave-able moist heat packs. Not sure how good they work.
Good luck with your back and I hope your feeling better soon.

irrelevant0
02-25-2003, 09:01 AM
thanks julie_angel :) i will check on one next time i go into town