PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday To Me.......Yeah Right!!!!

CABANN
02-24-2003, 08:52 AM
Yesterday was my B-day and Hubby and I had some great plans for the weekend. We were going to go to Tahoe, spend the whole weekend and just down righht have fun. I was so looking forward to it. I am at home 24-7 and I just wanted to get away.

Well anyways my youngest son was fighting a cold last week, and by Fri. night his fever jumped to 103 and his cough was much deeper. So we deceided to cancel our reservations for Tahoe:(

So on Sat. I stayed home to take care of a sick kid. Plus we put a new floor down in the kitchen. Very pretty, but a lot lighter than the old flooring, so now my walls and cabnets look like crap.

When we woke up on Sunday (my birthday), Hubby was sick. Now I had two sickies. So all day I had to clean up snot rags, take temps,get drinks,give meds,change channels, and the list could go on and on and on and on. "Happy Birthday to Me:( "

Not one person called me to wish me a Happy Birthday, not even my mom. I have three very good friends whos birthdays are within the two weeks before my birthday and I didn't hear a word from them either. Every year I always get a card and a little something and take it to them. Most of the times I make a cake too (didn't get one of those either). Again "Happy Birthday To me":mad:

I isn't that I wanted anything, because I didn't. I am not a materialistic person by any means. I just wanted to be acknowledged. Is that so much to ask?

My hubby did buy me Bruce Springsteen ticketsa few months back when they went on sale, and I told him that those could be for my birthday. He got awesome seats. So I am looking forward to that in April.

The scary thing is, the only person who did wish me a happy birthday was my ex when he brought my two oldest boys home on Sunday night. He even brought me a case of corona. Hmmmmm I wonder what he wants.LOL

So I think to make up for yesterday, my dot and I are going to the bank(after all the kids are in school) and I am going to take money out of my savings and "GO SHOPPING"WoooHOOO. I am going to treat myself to something. I hardly ever buy myself anything, it seems the kids, hubby or house always comes first.

Then when I get home I need to start prepping the kitching walls to be painted because they are nasty.

MommyG3
02-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Well, Happy Belated B-Day. Sorry it didn't go as planned.

mrs.john
02-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Happy late Birthday! When you go shopping, don't forget to treat yourself to lunch--with dessert ;)

odyssey
02-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Happy Belated birthday CABANN!!!!!
sorry it wasn't so great.

jaimethepooh
02-24-2003, 09:41 AM
happy birthday
today's mine too and i get to do loads of laundry and dishes
but i do have a cookes and cream ice cream cake the only good thing today for me

jcw
02-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Sorry your birthday didn't turn out like you planned.

schsa
02-24-2003, 10:26 AM
So sorry that your plans got all screwed up. But maybe you can have an Un-Birthday instead and celebrate when everyone is feeling better.

freeplease
02-24-2003, 11:58 AM
PeeWee Herman..."It's not like I expected anything, but then I didn't GET anything". lol Seems to be my mantra these days. Keep your chin up, and Happy Birthday!:D

Lisa03
02-24-2003, 12:00 PM
sorry to hear about your b-day

I hope your family will feel better soon

Happy belated b-day also!:cool:

Xica
02-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear about that {{Cabann}} :(

Happy Belated Birthday :)

CABANN
02-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Thank You everyone for the Birthday wishes. At least my BBS family cares.

I had a nice time shopping with my dot. I didn't buy too much but it was still fun to get out. And we had a nice lunch together.

My son is feeling better and made it through the day at kindergarten but hubby is sick as a dog. He won't leave work or take anytime off what so ever. Talk about stubborn.

Again thanks for the Birthday thoughts, you put a smile on my face.:D