PDA

View Full Version : god only gives us what he thinks we can handle?

gravittr
02-23-2003, 08:09 PM
less then 2 weeks ago a couple die in a car wreck. was very close family members of the couple. saturday after my brother had a bad car wreck. busted his knee may take 3 months to heal head injury. we dont know what is going to come out of the wreck totalled his car and the other guys. we dont know what the cops are going to do to him yet. then the worst thing happen last week my husband filled for divorce took my kids away from. this i will never get over. i just want my kids back. i havent been the same since last friday when he called and told me i will not get them back. hopefully my lawyer is good to get them back where the need to be. then tonight i get a phone call my grandpa died today.i dont know how much more of this i can take. where does it stop. with a heavy heart, tons of crying,sore throat. when do i go from here. im scared in alot of ways. im scared of the dark, of being alone, losing my kids is the worst fear ever. he thinks i can just walk away. and let him have them. he told his lawyer i was worknig im not. hes not going to pay me any maintence. but he wants me to pay him child support. i was making 6.25 an hour. he makes 13.50. he needs child support. :confused: :confused: :confused: ok im blonde i dont know. i dont know much right now. just trying to make it through. make me a stronger person hopefully. big old house alone. but i may not get the house either. only 3 blocks away from the kids here. but that is a very long 3 blocks right now. cant see them, touch them , anything. he wanted me to take one and walk away from the other one no way. no way not an option for me. him yes me no.pray for me and my kids please. i need them back.

heartlvrs
02-23-2003, 08:19 PM
oh hon I am so sorry wish you were here I come see you!!

Hugs and Yes many prayers....Your Heavenly Father is watching over you its satan trying to use things to get to you....

MySweetLord
02-24-2003, 03:18 AM
I have prayed :)

chris7360
02-24-2003, 09:46 AM
gravittr--

Stop, drop, and pray. Even if you are so overwhelmed you don't know what to say or ask. God is there and He will hear what your heart longs for.

Your name is on a sticky note on my computer monitor. Please know that I (and the others here) are praying for you. I hope you can sense the prayers going up for you and the presence of God and His angels around you.

Please keep us up to date and let us know how you are doing and how we can help.

heartlvrs
02-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey hon, checking in to see how YOU are doing?? Please keep us posted...and yes..got your name in my stickies:)

Hugs!

gravittr
02-24-2003, 09:43 PM
if things cant get worse my grandpa died yesterday. i got a letter in the mail today that the are going to turn off my lights monday if the dont get 325 dollars. he left me 1050 behind on the light bill. he got mad at me when i ask my dad to help me with it.i got a lawyer today sign the paper work with them weds. but the first open day for court is march 10. i could only cry. whats next. my aunt in the hospital doesnt come out.i still have to pick up girl scout cookies this week and to delevir them. 200 boxes yeah just what i need that added on to the troubles.but i guess that is what we do for are great creations right.lol anyone need any cookies. i think i have some extra.

1busymomma
02-24-2003, 11:41 PM
((((((((gravittr))))))

chris7360
02-25-2003, 10:07 AM
"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

Still praying for you throughout the day and night....

chris7360
02-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Still praying for you. How are you doing?

MommyG3
02-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Prayers and hugs for you.

Alexandria
03-02-2003, 09:01 AM
I don't think God has any control over the hand life deals us. I think He is there to support us if the hand we're dealt is not so good. I doubt he wanted to have your husband leave you with the children .. but I'm sure He is there to comfort you. Good luck to you.

gravittr
03-02-2003, 07:03 PM
i really wish myhusband left thechildren behind. i miss them terrible. his mother is putting her nose in where it doesnt belong. hes insulting me in front of the kids. to my face and when he is on the phone with me. u can hear her in the background calling me names. then she informs me what i should do with the income tax and not to do. i was informed he had anouther woman for along time. he was talking to his mother about her.told me my lawyer wasnt worth the powder to blow them to h*ll.my lights dont get pd tomrrow im in really big trouble. my dad said he promised him and my dads girlfriend he would pay it this friday. i have to go to work tomorrow so i will have to call my lawyer tomrrow and tell her. plus the way things look. i may not get to see the kids till sunday i work all week. plus i have a HUD appointment saturday afternoon. we dont get into court till the 10th. so i will have to miss work then too.but lets us pray the babies come back where the are suppose to. make to me where the belong since he says he not the father off any of them. 2 marraiges 3 kids and know of it is his.go figure i cant.

chris7360
03-03-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm still praying for you Gravittr.

This was my devotion for today......

Title: Rich Enough

Author: Elisabeth Elliot

This morning I was praying about three very complicated matters for which I have a share of responsibility. I could not see my way through them and realized, as I prayed, that because I could not see a way, I was doubtful that there was a way. My limitations became, in my mind, God's limitations. Then my reading fell on Romans 10, .... The way is and always has been God's and only God's, open to those who trust Him. For "the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich enough for the need of all who invoke Him" (Rom 10:12 NEB).

"Rich enough!" I had been praying as though my own needs might exhaust God's resources.

Thou art coming to a King,
Large petitions with thee bring,
For His grace and power are such
None can ever ask too much.
(John Newton)

gravittr
03-05-2003, 08:16 PM
i got schedules today for the next 2 weeksat work i put app in every where now i have an interview where my mom works this friday. i hate not to go becuase one of these days i will need it. and it will not be there. but i have work for 2 weeks now so i dont know what to do. after the next 2 weeks i may not go back so then what. where my mom works is 40 cents less an hour but then she has insurance where i dont. i have 40 cents more an hour no insurnace. i know what i need more the insurance. but scholastic is a good place to work. but whos saying hallmark is going any where right. any ideas any one. help. when it rains it pours. god is looking after me. now i have to decide what i should do with it.

chris7360
03-06-2003, 11:05 AM
My suggestion would be to take the job with the insurance. That 40 cents adds up, but by the time they take everything out of it, it is not really 40 cents. The insurance, especially if it covers check- ups and well care can really end up being a big blessing. I don't know about how one company will do over another.

I will keep praying for you and hope God sends you the right job and the right people to give you the advice you need to make a wise decision. At least your mom works there so she can give you lots of info on how it is to work for them!

I will be away from my computer for a week starting on the 8th, but I will try to remember to keep you in my prayers :)

Vixen
03-07-2003, 09:42 AM
This is the first time I have seen this thread and I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and share with you some things that I hold dear to me.. I am going thru some hard times myself and these are just a few phrases and verses that I cling to..

Philippians 4:13 I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengtheneth me.
So as someone said above drop to you knees and pray ask him to help you.. he will!!

A phrase I love says... If God brings you to it.. He will lead you through it.. I LOVE THAT And hold on to it daily.. I know the desperation we sometimes feel and this is a help to me..

And finally Matthew 11:28 Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest..

So hon just cast all your cares upon him and let him take care of you ..

I hope this helps you in some way..

gravittr
03-08-2003, 07:48 PM
come to find out the job with the insurance is more then 40 cents less an hour did get aprove for hud today so after monday i will know to look for a one bedroom or 3 with the kids never had a 3 bedroom wouldnt know what to do with 3 so lets pray i get them back monday iwll be soexcited after all this time

GeThang
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
You are in my prayers as well. I just got done saying a prayer for you. I will check back to see how things are going.

gravittr
03-13-2003, 03:40 PM
my soon to be ex is very mad. we both got joint legal @ physical custody of both kids. i get them half the month and he gets them half the month. he thinks i should give up all my rights to them. i will not. he thinks im tearing them him. go figure.

jasmine
03-17-2003, 12:52 AM
children need security, when you do get to see your kids, love, laugh, and love love love some more. Enjoy your time.

praying for you.

there is still hope in all areas, I do not know your situation personally, but I will say that me and my DH were separated for 8 months, even filed divorce and was served his papers, the Lord brought him back home, when I thought that it was truely over, God moved.

I also hear that it is best for one or the other parent to have full custody of the children, it is suppose to give the children a more sence of security, not being tossed back and forth, but to have a permanent home they feel more secure.

anyway, I am praying with you.:)

gravittr
03-17-2003, 06:51 PM
im still looking for a house of my own. it seems like everyday when i come home something else has come up missing or tossed upside down. and the threats he has been giving me since i got the kids on weds. and gets them back in 2 days at 6pm. and will not even be there. he will be at work. now my car has an oil leak. and has a plugged exhaust system,

jasmine
03-17-2003, 07:01 PM
gravittr

is there any way that you can record these threats, either by personally taking notes what he says and when, or recording them etc.
Sounds like he is playing dirty...... I know walking in love is the first thing we need to do, and I also know that taking care of your children are important. If you feel these threats, or anything he says to you would hurt you or the kids EMOTIONALY or physically, share it with your lawyer.

chris7360
03-18-2003, 08:53 AM
Gravittr

Do you have a church that can help you? I know at my church you can contact your deacon, an elder, or the pastor for help through rough times like these- spiritually AND financially. We have a deacon's fund for just that.

You need your car to get to work- maybe they can help with repairs?

Certainly the more people praying for you the better. I live nowhere near you, so it would make me feel so much better if I knew someone there was looking in on you and giving you face to face encouragement. Not to mention HUGS :)

I'm still praying!

gravittr
03-18-2003, 04:51 PM
the water pump went out on the way to work so my mom had to drive me home and get the kidsand then go back to town to get the part i might have it back tomorrow night just in time for the kdis to go home with thier dad.