PDA

View Full Version : I know I already posted in V&W but....

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 06:02 PM
I guess I just need a hug...or something....I don't know. I feel like I'm going to LOSE IT! My grandma will be arriving by train tonight in a town an hour away. It's been snowing here since early this morning. (Grandma is scared to death of being 'out' in the snow) Yesterday, our car decided to quit. Bo had the battery tested, but they said the battery is fine, it's the alternator that went out. OK, well, we are BROKE, and besides picking grandma up around 3am tonight, we need to take my mom to Tulsa a couple times this week for pre-op testing, etc. Bo's boss offered to loan him the money to have someone they work with fix it. (Bo is SOOOOO not mechanically inclined!) Well, the first guy claimed he couldn't do it because he didn't have the tools. The second guy is flaking out now, too, and I don't know what to do! I'm in hysterics here-freaking out and crying. My grandma is going to be stranded in a tiny town in Kansas, with no clue where we are, in the middle of the night! PANIC PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBackFan
02-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey sweetie...wish I could help! Is there a possibility of taking a bus to get your Grandma? It would be safer too. ((sharinbo)) Take care whichever way you get there.

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks DbackFan, but the bus doesn't go anywhere near where we need to go. <sigh> Bo just called to say that someone else is now helping him....uh-huh, we'll see...I'm so upset. :(:(:(

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm seeing what I can do...they got the car to our driveway. Bo and little brother are out there in the snow, fiddling around in the dark, trying to replace the alternator. I may be going out there and doing it myself...at least then I'd know who to direct my anger at... <sob>

jayhawkfan
02-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Im close but I cant get on the roads. Our whole town is all but shut down from the snow....Im so sorry Shari, I wish I could do something.

MistyWolf
02-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Sorry (((Sharinbo))) .. wished I lived closer and could help, I really would if I could. Maybe the Sheriff's dept could help like suggested.

CARROLIN
02-24-2003, 01:55 AM
SHARINBO...

AN ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT SHOULD ONLY COST IN THE AREA
OF $145, THAT'S WITH HOURS CHARGED FOR LABOR... IT ONLY
TAKES LIKE 15 TO 20 MINS. THE PART ALONE COSTS ANYWHERE FROM

$15 (JUNKYARD PRICE) TO A BRAND NEW ONE OR REBUILT.

IF NO ONE IS WILLING TO HELP, AND I'M SORRY I WASN'T
ON BOARD EARLIER TO HELP, I CAN LITERALLY TELL YOU
THE MECHANICS ON LINE, TO HELP SHOW YOU HOW IT IS DONE...

THINK...$15 OR $145?

SMILES.

CARROLIN9@AOL.COM

Moonmama
02-24-2003, 02:31 AM
I'm no where near you:( I just wanted to send you an "un-secret" pal/cupid hug!!:)
{{{{Sharinbo}}}}

sharinbo
02-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Just wanted to update: A VERY kind man that Bo works with took us up to pick up my grandma. Whew! About the car, we have a new alternator for it (Bo's boss loaned us the money), but the problem is that the way the bolts are positioned on the old one, we can't get to one of them. I can barely squeeze my hand in to get the wrench on the bolt, but I cannot turn it. I hate to have to call someone and spend money we literally do not have to replace it, but I can't get to the dang thing! Any help would be appreciated!