PDA

View Full Version : Why NOW??????

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 09:11 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHH! My grandma is arriving by train tonight, from halfway across the country. We have to drive an hour to pick her up because Amtrak doesn't stop in our city. We are totally struggling financially because of some unexpected pre-op tests my mom HAS to have. Mom's surgery is 3-3, her pre-testing is 2-27. We have to drive 3 hours each way for the surgery and the testing. It is currently snowing here and they are predicting up to 10 inches by tonight. Grandma is terrified of being in a car in the snow. So why does our ONLY car have to break down NOW????? I'm told it's the alternator. So far two people have offered to help us, and one of them flaked out. PLEASE pray, chant and/or hope that this other guy (who has proven not to be reliable in the past) comes through for us! I am FREAKING out right now.

miccit
02-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Sending good vibes your way. I hope it all works out ok.

odyssey
02-23-2003, 10:34 AM
{{{{sharinbo MOM and grandma}}}}}}}

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Well, it's now 7pm, my grandma arrives in Newton sometime around 3:30am tonight and our car is still dead! WTF is wrong with these guys that they can't fix an alternator???? DAMMIT! Bring the freakin' car here and I'll do it MYSELF! We have SO many trips to make this coming week, and we have NO CAR! I'm SO MAD!!!!! Can't stop crying! It's been snowing here ALL DAY!!!

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Just wanted to give you a big {{{HUG}}}

And to say that I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time right now.

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys. The car is in our driveway now...Bo and my little brother are out there in the snow, in the dark, working on it. SUPPOSEDLY-he knows HOW to do it, but he can't get his hands in where he needs to to reach some bolt or something. I swear...I need to get my boots on and go out there and do it my dang-self. Little brother's hands aren't much smaller than Bo's....crossing everything I can cross....

tina z
02-24-2003, 12:22 AM
(((((((((Sharin)))))))))) it will all work out.

jcw
02-24-2003, 11:52 AM
well did you make it to pick her up? Sorry you were having such a hard time

sharinbo
02-24-2003, 12:01 PM
We still don't have the car fixed. HOPEFULLY we can get it over to a repair shop today. One of Bo's co-worker's, out of the kindness of his heart, stayed up all night to take us up there to pick up Grandma. The train was late and we didn't get home until almost 6am.

schsa
02-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Very nice of them to help you out.

mlayton1994
02-24-2003, 03:23 PM
(((hugs))) being sent your way.

jcw
02-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Well I'm so glad someone took you to pick her up.Hope you get your car fixed real soon.