PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 07:10 AM
How long does a cat stay in 'heat'? This is my first cat, and her first time. We are planning on getting her 'fixed' as soon as we get our income tax back. GAWD! I'm not sure how much longer I can take this speaking in tongues, that's been going on 24/7 for the past 2 days!!! She keeps looking out the window, like she's waiting for her prince charming to come and rescue her. And I swear, she tried to lure ME down to the basement last night,,,:confused: . So how much longer will she be this 'other' cat? About how much does it cost? I know that a vet will not spay while they are in heat, because I had a dog fixed, but, I'm thinking if it doesn't last much longer, I will be asking for a 'cat spaying' for my birthday this week.

odyssey
02-23-2003, 08:31 AM
{{{lameduch27 and cat}}}} good luck

Nikkole
02-23-2003, 08:36 AM
check here this is a site of low cost spay/neuter state by state

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

http://www.spayusa.org

socks1211
02-23-2003, 09:19 AM
when we got socks fixed they did it even though she was in heat

sharinbo
02-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Hate to break it to ya, but well, here, read this,:

Q. How long will my dog/cat stay in heat?
A. Dogs stay in heat an average of three weeks. They usually come in heat every six to nine months. Cats are unlike dogs. They will almost constantly stay in heat until they are bred. The act of breeding is necessary for ovulation to occur in the cat.

I feel your pain, I had a cat, years ago that did the YOWWWWWL and weird "Come get me" behavior for more than a month before I had saved up the money to have her spayed. And yes, most vets WILL spay or neuter a pet while it is in heat, though some may charge extra.
Good Luck!!!!

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Must be different with cats than dogs then,,,thanks for the heads up socks1211 and sharinbo. I'll be calling the vet in the morning. I feel really bad for her, cause I know she hasn't slept hardly any, being as nobody else has had much sleep. The 'voices' are non-stop, so I know she has to be miserable, and I can't get that damn 2LiveCrew song out of my head...."Oh me so ******, me love you long time.."

OMG Sharinbo!!! I just reread where you said a MONTH!!
<definitely calling the vet in the morning!!!

Lora_1994
02-23-2003, 09:41 AM
(((( lameduch))))

the 2 cats that we adopted from the nursing home ..pumpkin's baby and her sisters...

my mom's got them and they've been in heat I swear to pete for the last 6 months ...lol

they like to back that a$$ up ...lol

GOOD LUCK and let me know cause mine is starting her ungodly meowing ...lol

jademyst13
02-23-2003, 10:05 AM
LOL sorry but I can't help but laugh our cat is 13 and she was never fixed or bred so for about a week every month or so she is REAL friendly.

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 06:44 PM
OMG! Was talking to my friend, who takes her pets to the same vet I do,,,She told me that, he had told her before, to get the cat to stop the 'call of the wild', to take a cue tip, covered with KY jelly, and,,,,,,I HUNG UP ON HER!!!!

Lora,,,do you still have the kitten my sister gave you?

jademyst13,,,how have you stood it all these years,,,three days now, and I'm about to slice my wrists!!!

{{{{baby_froggy}}}} from one, slowly going insane chick to another,,,,lol.

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Same here cab,,,I have to wonder though,,,if there are people that actually take that advice,,,and if they share a cigarette with the cat afterwards,,,lol.

ahippiechic
02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
OMG! I DIDNOT want that image! LMAO! :p

WitchyGurl
02-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Yes you CAN get her spayed while she's in heat.
Yes it will cost you more money.
Yes it will be worth every penny!
It cost more because the surgery last longer. There's more to tie off and it takes more time and anestisia (sp?). It's only about $15 more so just go!
My Lovey was in heat for about a week before I snapped and took her to the vet. Usually heat in cats is 2-3 weeks. If they are not pregnant they'll repeat the heat after a few months!
I feel for you, I have a calico who's next in line for spaying. My Yorkie Mix is getting it first! I keep my cats in 100% of the time so If Pip does go into heat, she's safe!
You can have a cat in early pregnancy spayed too!
So if you think a Tom has got to her, get to a vet right away.
THAT Or you'll be adding to the already abundant
supply of unwanted pets:(
Good luck!

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by cab92
Oh, stop! I'm sorry to say I have a perfect mental image of that. Gee thanks!!!

"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty. Have a drink of this wine..."

.....add a little Marvin Gaye, "Let's Get It On"

(Sorry, my son is watching 'The Animal', and he (Rob Schnieder, not my son) was just flirting with the sheep):D

Lora_1994
02-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Missi

I've still got the cat Rayanne gave me .. she's getting sooooo
big and Zachary just loves that cat to pieces. She sleeps at the end of his crib with him til he's asleep, then she goes to Tyler's room jumps on his bed and checks him and same with Cody.. my kitty's sooo smart !!!!!!!!!!!

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Lora_1994
Missi

I've still got the cat Rayanne gave me .. she's getting sooooo
big and Zachary just loves that cat to pieces. She sleeps at the end of his crib with him til he's asleep, then she goes to Tyler's room jumps on his bed and checks him and same with Cody.. my kitty's sooo smart !!!!!!!!!!!

How sweet,,,Opeth was sweet and loving like that,,,,til,,,,,lol

lameduch27
02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by cab92
I'm going to bed now, and I'll probably have nightmares all night. And when DH asks, will he understand when I shudder and tell him "Marvin Gaye and cigarettes...get away kitty!!!"?

lol,,,,sowwy cab,,,,hehehehehe

Lora_1994
02-23-2003, 09:08 PM
lol.. you guys are nuts

the animal though.. I watched that will DH and that movie is funny as hello