PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

jadegentle
02-22-2003, 11:22 PM
We are snowed in, that I don't mind, I'd stocked up on food and videos, lol. But now my kitchen sink is completely plugged!!!! I had to go out in this crap and buy a bottle of Drano and a new plunger and NOTHING!!!!!! The farkin' thing is still plugged!!! I had to do my dishes in my bathtub (quit laughing at me, lol)!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok, I feel a little better now.

Lizerella
02-22-2003, 11:48 PM
we have drifts that go to my waist....i hate ohio sometimes!:rolleyes:

iowakat
02-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Try scooping all the water you can out of your sink and then pour BOILING water down it. Maybe it's frozen or there's some hard grease, etc. that the drain cleaner didn't reach. Good luck.

BeanieLuvR
02-23-2003, 12:09 AM
Yep, I hate Ohio too sometimes especially with the winter we are having. We had freezing rain for a few hours now it has turned to snow. Yuck!!!

Kukubaby
02-23-2003, 12:31 AM
I agree...hot water down the drain may help. Use your sprayer thingy (damn, can't think of the name for it) and put it down in the drain. Force the hot water down...works for me sometimes and I have new pipes. Might be frozen...I live in PA and we just had 26" of snow. Now we're expecting more on Monday. Think I'll go hibernate!!!!

mesue
02-23-2003, 03:49 AM
I would not advise this right now with all those chemicals already in the drain but whenever you notice your sink not draining well, you should dump in som baking soda pushing the dry powder down in the drain with a spoon, then dump pure vinegar into the drain on top of this, you will get an instant reaction of fizzing, this will help keep your drains clear and also deodorize them as well. Good Luck!

van1
02-23-2003, 04:54 AM
Also can try the hot water thing and add salt...ain't gonna hurt nuthin' and the salt water just may trickle down and make a small channel in ice, if that's the problem. Might also try one of those little portable heaters concentrated close to the drain pipe...NOT ON IT!, just close, making sure nothing else is near it..keeping sink cabinet doors open..the metal pipe heats and generally will eventually work its way down the whole pipe to the ice clog...takes a while, but after all, what else do you have to do on a snowed-in day!

juliegirl78
02-23-2003, 05:02 AM
Awww! Like I would laugh at you! (teehee) :p {{{{Jade}}}} ;)

odyssey
02-23-2003, 08:36 AM
{{{jadegentle}}}} I am trying not to giggle. I can picture you doing that too!!
good luck hope you can get it fixed soon

wingsfan
02-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Go down to my Mom's....introduce yourself...and use her sink ;) :p

jadegentle
02-24-2003, 08:21 AM
LOL, I can see it now, me walking down there with all my dishes, going "Hi, I'm Jade from BBS, I know your dot. Can I use your sink?" roflmao

schsa
02-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Never know. She might just make you coffee as well...