PDA

View Full Version : i just went thourgh the most horrifying thing a mom can EVER go through...

menanamama
02-22-2003, 06:50 PM
about 10 of 7:00 i went to return some movies. i got back...sissy was watching the kids...not even a minute later my youngest started crying...so i thought...she was not breathing but that is the way she cries...she started to gag and her lips turned blue...the color of a dead mans lips kind of blue...oh ****...she is choking...i had to yank her mouth open as far as i could and shove my hand down her throat to pull out a screw that was about where you neck meets your shoulders...every time i got it it would slip more...did get it in the end...pulled blood out with it...scratched her throat trying to get it...she is fine now and the emts came anyway just to check her out and make sure. reamained calm, got my finger almost ripped off but she is OKAY and that is all that matters...can you say now i need a beer. and sissy is never going to watch them ever again...how she could get ahold of one when sissy was watching i can not fathom unless sissy was not watching...she was chatting on the phone when i got home ans was not paying attention to them!

1busymomma
02-22-2003, 07:01 PM
OMG, I am so glad your dot was not more seriously injured or worse. Please, enjoy your beer for me! I just about had heart failure reading it! :eek:

Maeryn
02-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Take her to the hospital!!! Many choking victims experience swelling (which interferes w/ breathing) or infections after the fact, due to the throat tissues getting damaged. Better to be safe than sorry...take her in and have her throat checked out!

menanamama
02-22-2003, 08:11 PM
emts checked her throat...she is fine...thank god for keeping a cool head...will be checking on her rather frequently though.

janelle
02-22-2003, 08:19 PM
I sucked the whistle part of a horn down my throat when we were on vacation. I was a child, around five. I started choking. My mother grabbed me and turned me upside down and started hitting me on the back real hard and shaking me. I coughed that sucker right up. Everyone just stood there looking at me but not my mother. She didn't care what anyone thought. She was just going to save her baby. LOL

menanamama
02-22-2003, 08:20 PM
i wasn't really scared...couldn't think about it because i have never been a panicker...always maintained controll...loose it later...now i realise it was the scariest thing ever...but at the time i was rather stoic and you would have thought i was just a doc looking at another patient...kind of why i want to go for nursing...being able to handle emergencies is always a plus

mamabear_93930
02-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm glad she's okay and your a great Mom:)

Sha
02-22-2003, 08:52 PM
I am so glad your baby is ok...I remember when I was 7 and my baby brother ended up choking on a Baby Teething Bisquit. It was lodged in his throat and everyone in the house was screaming and running around and my mothers friend was the only one with long nails. She stuck her finger and got the tip of the bisquit with her nail and drug it out of his throat. I remember when the bisquit came up so did tons of blood. My mother grabbed the keys and off to the hospital 4 blocks away. She ended up punching the nurse when she told my mother to have a seat and fill out the forms. My brother was still choking on the other part of the bisquit and bleeding from his mouth. I still get chills thinking about it. I am so glad your all safe..

NCMOM
02-22-2003, 09:35 PM
That was great that you kept a cool head and took charge like that in a hurry..you probably saved your Childs life!

You're getting my vote for Coolest & Quickest MOM of the Year!!

My Daughter once put a chicklet up her nose...I thought I was going to die of a heart attack trying to get that tiny chicklet out of her nose..so afraid she was going to suck in farther...I did get it out ..she is 14 years old and I still won't let her have chicklets..LOL
Every time she thinks about it and we're in the store..for pure meanness she'll say; Mom can I have a chicklet , I think I want to see if one would fit in my nose..Kids!!!

When I was young there was a little boy lived a mile from me ...one day his mom saw something green looking in his nose..she said she thought it was where he needed his nose cleaned/wiped..well..when she went to take a closer look...it was a small vine....she freaked out..as I would have too..and took him to the hospital..this is what happened:
He had put a Pinto Bean up his nose..the Doc said probably a few days before the vine appeared and with the moisture in his nasal cavity ..it started to sprout...the Doc got it all out with a pair of tweezers...no harm done to his nose..but it took a while before his Mom was better from the experience..I never forgot about that and have never heard of this happening to anyone else since..

LOL

NCMOM

babystar0729
02-22-2003, 11:01 PM
OMG my grandma used to frighten us with a story like the ban sprout one... :EEK:

I am glad your bby is alright, congrats on being so calmed! I cant!! When my son was a baby and was crawling, someone accidentally stepped on one of his little fingers.. My mom was thre and I couldnt even look, I started to cry and told my mom to see first and tell me if it was OK for me to look cause I knew I was not gonna be ble to handle seeing something bad !!!

nooshu
02-23-2003, 07:33 AM
OMG:eek: How scary. You did great!! Thank God you acted quick. Yeah, I agree, too, I think this calls for a lot more than a beer-WOW! I'm so happy everything worked out!!;) (((((((h2223m & DD))))))))

chrissypoo
02-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Praise God your daughter is fine now. You did EXCELLENT!! Most would have panicked.

I'm like you, I'm cool, calm and collected until it's all over, then I have my anxiety attack!

I once had to do the Heimlich maneuver on a baby less than a year old. It worked. Her Mom was in a panic.

Hugs to you both!

BTW...did this scare Sissy at all?

odyssey
02-23-2003, 09:08 AM
{{{{{{h2223m and daughter}}}}}}}
I hope everything heals well inside her mouth.
I am glad you were there so save her life. many hugs to both of you.

menanamama
02-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by chrissypoo

BTW...did this scare Sissy at all? i have never seen someone panic so much in all my life.