PDA

View Full Version : Ebay thing

Sunnymoonx
02-21-2003, 04:40 PM
This isn't really a huge vent but something that kinda ticks me off a little.

I am fairly new at Ebaying and not sure, so I will ask you all here.
When you buy something from someone on Ebay, you send payment quick, have good communication and everything else you are supposed to do, why doest the seller leave any feedback?
Like I said, I am new at it and any and all positive feedback I can get is much needed.
SO, I don't know if I should email this person and ask why he hasn't left me feedback or what? I left him positive as soon as the item arrived. It's been probably a month since I paid him.
Any thoughts or ideas?

I guess people who have hundreds of positive feedbacks don't really care about us "little people" lol..

Storm Raven
02-21-2003, 06:52 PM
When I am selling, I personally do not leave feedback until it's been left for me. Reason being? I have had checks bounced on me, I have had buyers receive an item and then 2 weeks later claim something wrong with it, and oh yeah, the fact that only 1 in maybe 5 was leaving any for me. Also, a lot of sellers don't leave it first because the buyer can use feedback as hostage - oh, this item has a stain (even though the seller knows it wasn't) and I am gonna leave you a neg if you don't refund or something like that.

When I am buying, I leave it as soon as the item has arrived and have looked it over.

I have hundreds of feedbacks, I guess... but I also email all my buyers at the end of the auction, when I have received their payments, if they have any other questions, after they email me to let me know it arrived etc... I am proud of my feedback and knowing so many buyers have chosen to buy from me and come away happy. :) Not all sellers with high feedback don't care! :)

Also something I just thought... a lot of the big sellers that do high volume, they post their feedback in batches - some once a week, some maybe only once a month... when you have to leave feedback for 500+ auctions a month, it gets time consuming, maybe your seller you are talking about is one of them.

Before I came here I was just whining about eBay and no one listing shipping in their auctions (I won't bid if shipping's not listed cos they could charge you anything)so it was kinda funny to see an ebay vent. :) And you just reminded me I need to go leave feedback! LOL

Dolly<3
02-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Sometimes feedback is a seller's only recourse if someone gives then an undeserved negative or neutral. A lot of times, newer people will leave a negative before giving the seller a chance to resolve the situation - which a lot of them are willing to do. That's the best reason I've gotten when I asked.

I looove when I get feedback after I pay. :)

Sunnymoonx
02-21-2003, 07:47 PM
I can understand a seller waiting until feedback is left for him before they leave it. I always leave it as soon as the item arrives and I've checked it over. I think I will wait until march 1st then send a note out to him. just a friendly note.
Thanks for the replies!

judyindaskyz
02-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Storm Raven

Before I came here I was just whining about eBay and no one listing shipping in their auctions (I won't bid if shipping's not listed cos they could charge you anything)so it was kinda funny to see an ebay vent. :) And you just reminded me I need to go leave feedback! LOL

Not to change the topic of the thread, but this is my BIGGEST pet peeve with eBay lately! When I was listing auctions I always included S&H info. Seems these days most of them don't. And I will not bid on an auction without knowing the S&H. I did once and was charged $8.00 "shipping & handling" on a $2.00 item that the seller sent via regular First Class mail and paid less than $1.00 to send! Never again will I bid on an item without knowing the shipping information. That just gives them free reign to charge you whatever they feel like, especially when they add the words "handling" or
"packaging expenses". EBay started out as a great trading forum, but it's becoming a pasture of greed now.

twinkiesmom
02-21-2003, 11:37 PM
ya know? I think as an ebay seller, I can honestly say that the pages have changed while you're listing a new auction. Seems like all the time, there'd be an area where it'd request your shipping amt. But I don't think it's there anymore. Maybe I'm wrong.

Barbi_Route66
02-22-2003, 05:09 AM
My hubby & I are new to ebay. We buy & sell. It does tick me off when I leave positive feedback & I don't receive the same. I will usually send a 'friendly email' as a reminder to please leave (positive) feedback. This generally works.

One time, my hubby bought some Playstation games from this guy. The day after we won the auction, the seller expected us to immediately leave him positive feedback! Steve (hubby) replied to the email that we would leave feedback AFTER we receive the item. After we received the item, we did leave positive feedback. What is it with these people who want positive feedback BEFORE you receive your item??!!

Sunnymoonx
02-22-2003, 06:35 AM
judyindaskyz I agree. I hate it when a seller won't leave a S&H amount on the item. We were looking at a tent and placed a bid. It had said something about buyer paying actual shipping so we wernt toow orried about it.
Well when DH went and looked up the weight and all on the USPS website, the shipping was like $40!!!!! so, thanksfully we got outbig on that one and ended up getting a better tent for half the shipping price via UPS. WTF are peopel thinking when they want to charge you $8 to ship an item that only costs $2 postage? I understand you sometimes have to pay for bubble wrap or a box or something but that is rediculous.

WitchyGurl
02-22-2003, 06:38 AM
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=273697

You can read my response at this thread. ;)