PDA

View Full Version : Hubby walked out

volatile
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
some of you may remember that my husband walked out the day after Xmas stating that he needed some air. He was really acting strangely. Much to my dismay i found out that he has an addiction. I am afraid it is a really bad one and i have protected myself financially. He has moved into a nasty neighborhood and also has a girlfriend. This has been so shattering. He has been cut off the Morphine recently by the VA and told he has to get Rehab. He is so manipulative and mean.

Has anyone else been through this and can give me some advice other than move on with your life which i am doing anyway.

ajksmom
02-20-2003, 07:12 PM
No advice sweetie just hugs {{{{{volatile}}}}}.

socks1211
02-20-2003, 07:49 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
from me too

MusicfanAnnie
02-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear....Must be very hard on you. I would be very angery if my husband pulled this nonsense on me. And also be very hurt...How are you dealing with all this??

MistyWolf
02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
My sister went through something similar .. only thing is a different drug and he didn't leave, she did. My advice to you is divorce. It took her three times leaving before she did it for good and he still bugs the crap out of her. Don't think you can help him get off his addiction either cause you can't .. he has to do if for himself and cause he wants to .. no other reason. The girlfriend thing would make me leave him even faster. Who knows what kind of person she is .. does she have an addiction too? People shoot up morphine .. you don't need that in your life. When people are desperate, they'll use dirty needles .. something to think about.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers.

schsa
02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Divorce. I had a friend who went through this. She had no idea her husband was a heroin addict. He told her that he had been hit by Agent Orange in Vietnam. He went through every penny she had, she lost everything and they had a child together. He got a court appointed lawyer and their divorce when on for 6 years. She ended up over $40,000 in debt fighting to keep him from getting custody.

Get out now and save yourself and your kids. You are only looking for heartache if you try to hang on.

ladybreaker
02-21-2003, 12:21 PM
morphine is a highly addictive drug and the va should have helped him to taper off--not go cold turkey! i would contact them and get advice on treatment/support groups for him and for you! morphine will also make a person VERY MEAN AND NASTY!! the drug is talking--not him. his withdrawels can also be life-threatening if not tapered off by his doctor!! i am shocked they threw him off to the side like that!!! get yourself to a support group for spouses of addicts asap!! they can help alot!!

redrig
02-21-2003, 02:24 PM
As a former heroin addict I can tell you that unless the addict WANTS to quit, no amount of threats, pleads, etc, will do any good. I quit cold turkey and it was 2 weeks of pure hell, a week of hell, then a week of heck, but I did it.

MusicfanAnnie
12-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Just be glad he is gone..it's a blessing in the long wrong.
Keep busy..go out and have FUN!!
Taking a vacation..or move to a new area.
Everything takes time...Get out all the pain and cry it out.
Meeting someone new..could be the best medicine

When my ex pulled this crap..I was very angery and hurt. My ex left me for my best friend to top it. It took me 2 years to get over it...I moved and never looked back.

freeby4me
12-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow this message is from 2003....Hope things are going better for you now.

Kyla Kym
12-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Just be glad he is gone..it's a blessing in the long wrong.
Keep busy..go out and have FUN!!
Taking a vacation..or move to a new area.
Everything takes time...Get out all the pain and cry it out.
Meeting someone new..could be the best medicine

When my ex pulled this crap..I was very angery and hurt. My ex left me for my best friend to top it. It took me 2 years to get over it...I moved and never looked back.

Just out of curiosity, why did you bump up a post that is almost 4 years old!??:confused:

TxGreek
12-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, why did you bump up a post that is almost 4 years old!??:confused:

Curious here, too. :rolleyes: :confused:

msginna
12-23-2006, 03:28 PM
needed to see new vents? ER old ones?

evrita
12-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe aww nevermind the pattern of Oh poor me at christmas thing that wouldve never crossed my mind.

MusicfanAnnie
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I had no idea...I was looking in the vent area, and found this post..woops!!!

MIKAER
12-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Is the original OP still here? If not it seems mean to re-hash such a tragic event.

freeby4me
12-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I doubt she is still here. Last time/or post 03-01-2004 07:32 PM

msginna
12-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I had no idea...I was looking in the vent area, and found this post..woops!!!

it was an accident....not mean