PDA

View Full Version : My conclusion about missing packages!

IggysGirl
02-20-2003, 05:12 PM
I moved to Watertown NY in May since that time I have had so much missing mail. Either my mail or mail I have sent. Just recently I have had shipments of coffee come up missing, a check and a game. Mail that I have twice mailed in the PO out off state slot INSIDE the PO not get there! Now these aren't freebies that I am talking about but things I have paid money for or someone paid me to send them! So my conclusion is that the people at the PO are playing my game while drinking my coffee using crushed BC pills as creamer.:eek:

Shancopp
02-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Iggysgirl....I was your Secret Cupid and I know the package got there ok, (Thank goodness), but a few days later, I mailed you a Valentines Card and it came back "unknown" or something like that....I figured I wrote your addy down wrong and no longer had it on my puter, so I just threw it away. Hope you get to the bottom of this. Sorry!

bngomom
02-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Ask to speak to the Post Master at your post office and see if he can explain anything for you. Did you get the package I sent you?

azwup05
02-21-2003, 08:54 AM
There is an alternate way of filing a complaint but I haven't been able to find out how its done. I do know that it comes down from district and that it is from consumer affairs. I had one last month regarding a forward. The original card filled out by the customer was incorrect. He corrected it and I started it, but I never recieved it back from the central forwarding unit. So I had to do it again. The problem is, no one can find out where the mail I was sending went. This Realy pisses me off and my PM decided that someone needed to verify that postal inspectors were on this too. We had made copies of things I was sending on to him, and I know that he was waiting on checks etc. I do know that whatever mothod of complaining he used, had my office jumping and all had to do with where it came down from.Take names and kick some butt. I love my job, but we need alot of thigs fixed.

dizzielizz
02-21-2003, 09:15 AM
We have a special department and I called it to complain, but never received a response. My mail person just would not show up on Mondays, holiday or not. Then the manager that I thought was good wound up in jail on fraud charges. Look on a receipt from the post office. Many of them have 800 numbers now so you can get info without talking to a live person. Hope you get to the bottom of it. I am happy to report that I now have a wonderful mailman and he says to bring on the mail. Good Luck to you.

IggysGirl
02-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I haven't received any packages lately. My Dad sent me some computer stuff and he got it back address unknown! I have never had problems like this before. Guess I live in the Twilight Zone? The amazing disappearing house, there one day gone the next? What's really got me worried is I mailed out a package last week and she doesn't have it yet, and that package cost me soem $$$ to put together. I just may have to start mailing packages from the PO on Ft. Drum! Everything that Iggy has mailed from there has gotten to the person. Nikkole's coat Iggy mailed from there got there quick but things mailed in town disappear! Go figure?

PrncsNYC
02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Oh no! Did you get your candles? I hope so since it wasn't the post office!

Quaker_Parrots
02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
I think the biggest prob with the PO is that everything is computerized, not much of anything is sorted by hand anymore, you wouldn't believe the stuff I have gotten that has been mangled by their machines, and so far as packages go, if they are wrapped in brown paper, they get torn off easily with the new system. Computers, gotta love them

IggysGirl
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by PrncsNYC
Oh no! Did you get your candles? I hope so since it wasn't the post office!

Yes I did get the candles. Iggy enjoyed getting 2 days of Valentines Day presents. I have the HIS/HERS sitting on the computer desk and they smell pretty. thanks!

azwup05
02-22-2003, 07:52 AM
The problem with the 800 number is that its just a relay of info from what I can see. When I get a damaged mailpiece for my route, I have a supervisor mark it as recieved in damaged condition. When the customer calls in, the complaint is given to me as with everything else. Nothing seems to be directed towards the transit inbetween. I have also learned that the people who answer the 1-800 have no clue as to what we can and can't do. I do know that with the way things are changing, the "service" in the postal service is quickly disappearing and its a shame. I still have the little old lady whos house is on a hill that when I see her I walk the mail up. I have the customer who I took the time to get their water cut off because he was out of town and his pipes burst on the second floor and he had a waterfall over his garage. These things I do extra may end up costing me my job because I go over my evaluation. I do not get paid overtime. I am a rural carrier.

Thamlet
02-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Are you sure its the post office? Unfortunately there are those people who'll say they mailed something when in reality they never did. Sad but true sometimes. Hopefully that isnt the case in your situation, good luck on getting your mail!! :)

IggysGirl
02-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Thamlet
Are you sure its the post office? Unfortunately there are those people who'll say they mailed something when in reality they never did. Sad but true sometimes. Hopefully that isnt the case in your situation, good luck on getting your mail!! :)

Yes I am very sure the people mailed out their end. One is someone who has replied in this thread and the other person immediately mailed out another check. This same person didn't get what I mailed out so I mailed out another and guess what? It never showed up! So I had Iggy mail her check back to her with the very last pack that I had from the PO on Ft. Drum. I didn't even know I still had 1 left until I cleaned out my cabinet. My dad scanned the box that he sent me with the address unknown circled because I told him about my Twilight Zone house! I guess when I buy something online I will start asking for it to be sent UPS or FedEx because they know how to find my house. I have even had a phonebill get sent back address unknown so now I get all my bills online.

KATinKY
02-22-2003, 10:55 AM
I will say this, about 2 years ago, my brother was coming to my house and on the way he was behind a regular truck and a garbage bag fell out and he stopped and opicked it up to get it out of the road when he picked it up, all kinds of mail fell out. it was a hugh garbage bag full and most of this mail was opened, mail for everyone across the city. He brought it to my house, and he called the state police, they came and took a report and said they were on the way to the post office, never heard anymore about this, and I know they all have their jobs still there.....

azwup05
02-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks Ravenlost. I wish I were wiser when I first started. I'm just hoping to make it through count right now. What I can't get is why more and more people have to deal with crappy service. I have made my mistakes don't get me wrong, but some of this is just unimagineable. Love the job, hate the system and the pay.

christianw27
02-22-2003, 10:43 PM
I just got a package back that I mailed priority over a month ago that had the address label ripped completely off of, was written all over and looked like it was stomped on a few time>>>:mad: :mad: :mad:

DreamWarrior
02-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Iggys Girl... I need you to email me about the Girl Scout cookies you ordered :) nothing bad... i just need your snail mail addy again... thanks!

rain_cries
02-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Here ya go.... http://usps.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/usps.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php This is a feedback form for suggestions, compliments, information, and filing a complaint. To expedite any service related issues, please contact (800) ASK-USPS or (800) 275-8777, TTY: (877) 877-7833 This should help get them hopping.

MsPiggy44
03-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks for that info rain_cries..Ya just never know when you might need that kind of info.

*StarDust*
03-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I know what you mean about not getting things to your house from the Post Office. Sorry that you had to deal with them.
I don't know why we have to keep paying higher postage for mail that never gets to us.

IggysGirl
03-03-2003, 07:56 AM
I had the most frustrating meeting at my PO over the weekend! They acted like it was MY fault! UGH! ( Sorry To any GOOD postal workers before I say this) OK can someone explain this to me; The mail box has MY name in big letters on it and Iggys name also and the mail has my name or his, you can't miss the names on the box but the post office told me HOW DO WE KNOW YOU LIVE THERE? UH, DUH OUR NAME IS ON THE BOX IN 3 INCH LETTERS AND THE MAIL HAS THOSE NAMES ON IT!! I also brought up the packages that my Dad has sent that come back ADDRESS UNKNOWN and showed the the pic that my dad scanned of the box. They then gave me this BS answer that because of the congestion of houses on my carriers route that he may have forgotten my house! This carrier has had this route for 20 YEARS according to the a$$hole at the PO so after 20 years I would think that he would know where my house is! This isn't a big town at all, the mail carrier parks by my house and walks the mail to the houses on my street, which is only 2 blocks. Funny when they had the food drive over the holidays and when I left his Christmas gift he never forgot to pick that up! I was very angry and frustrated when I left and was I am not sorry to say a smart a$$ when the meeting ended! I told them that we do not live in the Twilight Zone, my house does not disappear because its always there when I come home! The people I talked to were complete Idiots! I never had this problem in Savannah, and that is a fairly large town. I will be so happy when I can go back home where my old mail man who goes to my Moms bar after work would bring my packages there if I wasn't home to get them. I think he liked me because his gift in 2001 was a $100 bar tab!

Nikkole
03-03-2003, 08:25 AM
I hate our post office they have lost and shredded mail, money orders are there favorite they have lost four so far poof vanished into thin air! And one package!
I still have no idea where they are.
I have had catalogs that where missing covers and pages oh the list goes on and on..

azwup05
03-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Sounds like you have an idiot carrier working under idiot managers. Sounds like a duplicate number problem. I sort by name first, then number. Plus I have all my duplicate numbers flagged. I say we change the name to the Postal Company. There isn't much service in it anymore.