PDA

View Full Version : Can ANYONE give me an simple definition of.....

Angelseyes28
02-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Personality? My daughter has to write down what "personality" is but I don't know how to explain it to her in words that she can understand.(She's 7) I don't have a childrens dictionary and the one children's dictionary I found online didn't have the word "personality" in it:rolleyes: HELP, I'm at a loss here!

Mini
02-19-2003, 05:32 PM
1. The quality or condition of being a person.
2. The totality of qualities and traits, as of character or behavior, that are peculiar to a specific person.
3. The pattern of collective character, behavioral, temperamental, emotional, and mental traits of a person: Though their personalities differed, they got along as friends.
4. Distinctive qualities of a person, especially those distinguishing personal characteristics that make one socially appealing: won the election more on personality than on capability.

5. A person as the embodiment of distinctive traits of mind and behavior.
6. A person of prominence or notoriety: television personalities.
7. An offensively personal remark. Often used in the plural: Let's not engage in personalities.
8. The distinctive characteristics of a place or situation: furnishings that give a room personality.

Victorious
02-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Childcraft Dictionary

Personality 1. All of a person's characteristics, habits, behavior, and other qualities. A person's personality makes him or her different from everyone else.

Hope that helps...

mewoman
02-19-2003, 05:51 PM
The way a person acts.

That's the simplist way to put it for that age group.

unicorn9149
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Who you are that is defined by how you act?

Angelseyes28
02-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone, we decided to go with "the way you act". That was the easiest for her to understand lol.