PDA

View Full Version : Are you a "jumper"?

Xica
02-18-2003, 06:14 PM
What I mean is, are you easily startled and if so, do you "jump"? I'm typically not a jumper but I was today. My bathroom sink is clogged... completely... it's horrible! I went to the apartment manager's office to let him know about it and he wasn't there, so I stood there waiting for oh, a few seconds. I started to look around and then all of a sudden I heard, "HI!! How you doin'?" OMG I jumped!! LMAO! I've never, ever done that before. It takes a lot to startle me, but not this time. We both started laughing. I'm so ashamed. :p

newwiccan
02-18-2003, 06:25 PM
YES! My husband loves to sneak up and me just to see me jump. :D

suziebee20
02-18-2003, 06:28 PM
I have been ever since the shooting at my school- I didn't hear the shots fired or anything, however even the slightest things get me! We wern't even permitted to have balloons on campus because they pop and startle students. I guess that's normal though huh?

Xica
02-18-2003, 06:37 PM
wiccy, he's a meanie! :p

suzie,that's sad. :( Are you talking about Santana High? Or was there another shooting I hadn't heard about?

newwiccan
02-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I know he is. :D I started doing the same thing to him and he gets mad at me. http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/firedevil.gif

irrelevant0
02-18-2003, 06:53 PM
yes, i jump at almost any sound... :rolleyes:

suziebee20
02-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Parlier
suzie,that's sad. :( Are you talking about Santana High? Or was there another shooting I hadn't heard about?

Yep- thats it. Was my freshman year there.

cpbaby
02-18-2003, 08:21 PM
I am a TERRIBLE jumper. I get it honestly from my Daddy. I almost hit my plant manager once. :rolleyes: He learned REAL fast to NEVER come up behind me and lay his hand on my shoulder, to always come up in the FRONT of me and SPEAK to me at a distance, so I wouldnt be startled and sew my fingers.

miccit
02-18-2003, 08:36 PM
My DH and his twin are really bad about that. They are almost 34 an to this day you have to throw something at my BIL to wake him up or he will punch you. Guess it's good he isn't married!:rolleyes:

Tasha405
02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Yep, I'm a jumper.

~Roxy~
02-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Yep!

Jolie Rouge
02-18-2003, 09:34 PM
I am definately a "Jumper"

I have been known to swing first & check later. Store manager walked up behind me once & tapped me on the shoulder - I blacked his eye and hit him in an "Indelicate Location" and then yelled at him for scaring me ! After that EVERYONE knew to get my attention w/o coming from behind (I have my reasons)

janelle
02-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Have you seen the commercial for Steve Martin's new movie? Queen Lateefa(Sp?) really jumps when he wakes her up. OMG I have to see that movie. WHO THAT? Wacko twice. HAHAHAHA.

Xica
02-18-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm LMBO just thinking about it, Janelle. :D

oh and I'm also not jumpy during "scary" scenes in movies. ssh, but hubby jumps. bwahahaa! it's so funny! His parents jump, too, and so does my sister and my mom. I think I'm the only normal person who doesn't. :p

janelle
02-18-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm only jumpy when it is totally and I mean totally unexpected like when the alien suddenly rips out of that guys chest in "ALIEN". OMG, I about fainted. It runs towards the camera.

My friend and I were going into the movie when we were little and the movie had already started. Some bomb went off or something and she threw the drink she was carrying into her face. It was so funny. I was LMBO. The lady in back of her got some on her so that was worse but even more to laugh at. My bad.:D :D :D

janelle
02-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Bumping for the day people. We have way too much fun on here at night. LOL

schsa
02-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Only when I am really stressed out. Then if you come up behind me I am liable to jump.

Ladytiger
02-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Yep, big time jumper here, hmm, maybe that's why they call me "tigger"!:p

MrsSpeed
02-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Sometimes. I don't have any peripheral vision in my right eye and if someone is there and I don't know it I will jump. I was laying on the couch one night and DH sat down on the love seat. I thought he was still in the kitchen. He cleared he throat and I about jumped out of my skin. BUT he's jumpier than I am. :D We sometimes jump out at each other and he'll jump sky high! LMAO!!! I usually expect it so don't jump much. Makes him mad when he doesn't scare me. heehee :D