PDA

View Full Version : Bra Question (for the ladies)

GuineaBaby
02-18-2003, 03:11 AM
I have this one bra and I wear it all the time because it has a perfect fit, but it's falling apart and I probably shouldn't wear it anymore, however, it's the only one I'll wear. I do have other bras, but my problem is they give me four boobs (you know, where they start out fitting perfectly and then it cuts your boob in half as you walk/ bend over/ move unless you sit perfectly still?). These bras fit me perfectly except for the fact that they give me the four boobs. Is there anything I can do to the bras that will stop that? Like sew something without making it obvious i'm having bra problems?

2chevys
02-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Sorry, I have the opposite problem. I want my bra's to show I HAVE 2 boobs. Sounds like the bra's are cut too low? I don't think you can do anything without just going out and buying less frilly higher cut boring bra's and saving the pretty ones for summer.

mrs.john
02-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I can't help you either. mrs.john wears all the padding she can, lol.

sweet~n~sassy
02-18-2003, 08:17 AM
have you tried going up a cup size? i had that problem and went to a bigger cup size.

MommyG3
02-18-2003, 08:17 AM
I know what you mean. I only wear sports bras or nursing mothers bras. I HATE UNDERWIRE. My 12 year old can't stand them either. I would advise the sports bras to you.

Angelseyes28
02-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 2chevys
Sorry, I have the opposite problem. I want my bra's to show I HAVE 2 boobs.

ROTF and here I thought I was the only one going for that look:p

Nikkole
02-18-2003, 08:41 AM
I hate that in the summer it happened to me I was wearing a tight shirt it looked freaky..
I wear gel bras not water I can't wear demi anything or the twins come busting out not a good thing when bending over wearing a low cut shirt!
I found Victoria's Secret seamless shaping is the best and the most comfortable I buy them from ebay it beats paying $37 at the store!

SapphireRose
02-18-2003, 08:52 AM
.....I haven't worn a bra in about 20 years !

I always HATED them, so once I graduated high school (a Catholic girls' prep.), all the bras went out the window! LOL

~*

Dolly<3
02-18-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking that maybe your bras are too short. Do you wear demi-bras? I have that problem w/anything demi or just cut short. Try a bra made like a cami. They go higher bc they're made to be shown if you're wearing a low-cut top and can't be showing cleavage.

GuineaBaby
02-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Nope, it's not the cup sized. I'm sure it's just the bra. We don't have the money to go out and buy anything new right now, so I just thought I'd see if there was a way to fix it.

Never heard a bra called demi before. I have always assumed a bra is a bra.

I don't show cleavage so I have nothing to worry about there. I pretty much keep my shirt as high as I can without choking myself lol.

They are probably too short. They fit well in the store, but when I got them home, I discovered they do that. I've got four of them shoved in the back of my drawer for oh, about a year now?

I used to wear sports bras, but had to stop cause I'm a D cup and it wasn't working anymore (I need the support). I don't buy bras for looks, only if they work well, and they worked fine until I started doing stuff in them (like breathing).

Thank you guys for all your help, though! I will have to keep my eye out for those kinds of bras your talking about next time I go buy one.

peacestar
02-18-2003, 10:21 AM
If I dont wear underwire, it would just be horrible! lol I just bought playtex feel beautiful bras. They are underwire cotton and soooo comfortable.

GuineaBaby
02-18-2003, 10:23 AM
I used to like underwire, but they're more comfortable without. I got sick of the poking and proding.

The other day, a wire came out of my bathing suit and I was like "Look! I'm deboning myself!" hehe

miccit
02-18-2003, 01:03 PM
I would kill for a good bra!!! I can't find them here anywhere. They don't carry my size. I went to this one place and they said I was like a 46 I and I swear I could have carried my groceries in the darn thing. And it didn't even fit right, felt like a straight jacket. I have one that sort of fits, not perfect but it will do.

Good luck with finding a bra that fits!

Queensown
02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Have you ever been professionally fitted for a bra? I always thought I was a 36 DD and had the same problem, but it turns out I should be wearing a 34 DDD. EEEK!! But anyway, the lady at Rich's helped me find some good quality ones that work wonderfully. Even if you don't think your sizing is wrong it may be. I recommend trying to do that as soon as you get a little cash in, but in the meantime maybe you could try wearing 2 bras, your regular one and then a sports bra to take care of the um, overhang. =)

Good Luck!

PrncsNYC
02-18-2003, 05:57 PM
underwire is a must! I have plenty of Demi's that don't create the 4 boob thing. For me it's the cup size. I found my favorite bra it's the Very Sexiy line by VS adn it's the convertable bra. When I tried on the b there was a little room left (sad I know) so I tried on the A...guess what...4 boobs. So for me it was the cup size. I wwent with the b and I have 2 boobs, they are small but atleast I don't look like a wierdo ;)

denisemm
02-18-2003, 07:24 PM
I have the same problem! Its so hard to find a good bra. I have tried many ways of altering them, but to no avail yet.

Anyway, my only suggestion is that next time you buy a bra, jump up & down & lean over & stuff in the fitting room & see what happens. If the quadra-boob happens but you like the bra, get that same bra in a bigger cup size. I do this, and Ih ave some bras that are D & some DD, just depending on ohw they fit, and if I pop right out when I do stuff.

I hate quadra-boob. Good luck!

adair
02-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SapphireRose
.....I haven't worn a bra in about 20 years !

I always HATED them, so once I graduated high school (a Catholic girls' prep.), all the bras went out the window! LOL

~*

LOL SapphireRose........I am with you....I do not have enuff to worry about them getting pinched when I cross my legs - so why bother!!!! I do not wear one except for special occasions (weddings and funerals) and if I am wearing a jacket of some sort, I may even skip wearing one then also!!!!

GuineaBaby
02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Yes, I did get a bra fitting. I was wearing the right size (thank god) and I'm wearing it right now, but it's a funny bra. I absolutely hated it. That is something I'm never going to do again. It just seemed too much of an invasion of privacy for me or something. I'm surprised how deeply it affected me.

peacestar
02-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I have a jockey bra sizer measuring tape somewhere here in my house. One of the freebies from awhile back. Very handy. It seems to be accurate. But you have to have someone else do the measuring, my hubby doesnt mind helping of course.

Gumball1960
02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Size 34, 36, 46... you have it easy. At least your sizes can be bought in a store. I'm a 52DD and can't find those in a store and can't afford what little I find online. If I was even _half_ the size I am now, I'd be braless in a heartbeat. :) If I do it now, everybody goes swinging in the breeze. Right now they may lay there but they hold still. :D A tubetop on me in the summer can get dangerous if I bend over - I get slapped in the face! :eek:

miccit
02-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by GUmball1960
Size 34, 36, 46... you have it easy. At least your sizes can be bought in a store. I'm a 52DD and can't find those in a store and can't afford what little I find online. If I was even _half_ the size I am now, I'd be braless in a heartbeat. :) If I do it now, everybody goes swinging in the breeze. Right now they may lay there but they hold still. :D A tubetop on me in the summer can get dangerous if I bend over - I get slapped in the face! :eek:

I am a 46 but need like an E or an F! Can't find the darn things anywhere. Oh to be able to go braless without scaring small children!:eek:

Gumball1960
02-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by miccit
I am a 46 but need like an E or an F! Can't find the darn things anywhere. Oh to be able to go braless without scaring small children!:eek:

Sounds like we both need an old-fashioned "Over the shoulder boulder holder"! ;)

lovechild
02-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I really torture my boobs not only do I wear an underwire but a minimizer!!! maybe not as comfortable but the look better:D

I have no advice for ya!! Sorry

jademyst13
02-19-2003, 05:55 AM
I hate shopping for bras! And I really need to too.

miccit
02-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Sounds like we both need an old-fashioned "Over the shoulder boulder holder"! ;)

Wonder where you buy those at?????:)

Queensown
02-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Size 34, 36, 46... you have it easy. At least your sizes can be bought in a store.

Heh... Maybe if I was a 34 C I could find something... 34 DDD is IMPOSSIBLE. I wish I could go braless too, but somehow I'm thinking that would be a bad idea :D :eek: :D

tarbabie
02-19-2003, 01:24 PM
I know that times are tight right now but you might want to check Lane Bryant. I have had three kids and couldn't find the right bra size either until I found these at LB...they are part of the cache line and VERY comfortable- non binding! And some really pretty colors too- I usually replace mine every two years because I wear them out! LOL Me, go without a bra??? Not a chance baby!

janelle
02-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I went to Victoria Secret and they fitted me with the right size. I was wearing a 34 B but should have had a 36 C. Just a scooch more really helps. Or you can buy those little flower nipple thingys that just go over the nipples. My mother used to wear bandaids for cover but then she just looked like she had an operation on her boobs. Not a good look. She finally went with no bra but not with a cling top.

Frogs
02-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Thank God I'm not the only one with 4 boobs in this world!!!!

I went out with my mom yesterday and she asked me how many boobs I had? I said "what?" and she said it looked like I had 4. I told her gee thanks! I've been tellin the hubby I need a new bra. He told me to go buy one. Here's the problem...I hate shoppin for bras. I can't stand it. I never can find one that fits right? There aren't too many bras out there made for people with 4 boobs. ;) I guess I need a bigger cup? If I'm a DD, do I look for DDD or EE? I have no clue. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the stores bigger than a DD.

Gumball1960
02-20-2003, 04:02 AM
It might not be a bigger cup you need, just a bigger size around. :)

janelle
02-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Frogs
Thank God I'm not the only one with 4 boobs in this world!!!!

I went out with my mom yesterday and she asked me how many boobs I had? I said "what?" and she said it looked like I had 4. I told her gee thanks! I've been tellin the hubby I need a new bra. He told me to go buy one. Here's the problem...I hate shoppin for bras. I can't stand it. I never can find one that fits right? There aren't too many bras out there made for people with 4 boobs. ;) I guess I need a bigger cup? If I'm a DD, do I look for DDD or EE? I have no clue. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the stores bigger than a DD.

Well leave it to our moms to tell us the truth but then who else will? My mother told me I didn't look good in something and my hubby got mad but I told him it was ok. Acually, she is right and I did get rid of the outfit. Our hubbys don't want to offend you know but our mother doesn't care. Good old mom. Always telling us what is the best for us.:p :p :p

Queensown
02-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Frogs
I guess I need a bigger cup? If I'm a DD, do I look for DDD or EE? I have no clue. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the stores bigger than a DD.

Most stores don't.

I believe DDD is the next size up from DD. But not 100%, that's just what I was told would fit me. Around here Rich's will order for me, or I find em online. It will be pricier than your average "Cross your Heart" or Victoria's secret find, but trust me, It's SOOOO worth it to have one that fits perfectly

G'luck-!

Nikkole
02-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Fredrick's of Hollywood carries bigger bras also try Ebay I buy all my bras from these better then spending $38 at Victoria's Secret.

socks1211
02-20-2003, 04:12 PM
how bout if u check the just my size web site they have all the bigger sizes frogs

Frogs
02-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for all the help! I did go to the www.JustMySize website, great idea socks1211. Anyway they have have all playtex bras and Bali bras on sale buy 3 get 1 free. My only problem is I don't know if I just up the size or the cup and if it's the cup if it's ddd or ee. Oh, how I hate bra shopping. I need to get back on my diet and them little boogers will shrink to two instead of four and I won't have this problem...lol! ;)

Gumball1960
02-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Go to a Penney's store and ask if you can be measured for the size you need. Most lingerie depts. in Penney stores will do it.

NoFoolPrice
02-21-2003, 04:29 AM
Thank you ladies! After reading about all the difficulties you generously endowed ladies have with bras, for the first time in my life I am grateful for my often braless 34B size! :)

PrncsNYC
02-21-2003, 11:42 AM
ha! I am a 34B and if I didn't wear a bra it would not be pretty not to mention it would be very painful :(