PDA

View Full Version : Who here got pets?

John
02-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Dog, cat whatever?

jayhawkfan
02-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I have a wonderful puppy named Comet. Adopted him from Sharinbo :)

lovechild
02-17-2003, 04:16 PM
me gots pets. 2 cats and a bunny

also have a 34 year old something not sure of the breed

John
02-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Check your forum PM box!

Originally posted by jayhawkfan
I have a wonderful puppy named Comet. Adopted him from Sharinbo :)

Mom2jal
02-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Dogs, cats, rabbits, and birds. LOL You need something John or just takin a poll? :p

sadie01
02-17-2003, 04:20 PM
I too have a wonderfully hyper puppy named Pee-Nut. He is a 9 month old Jack Russell Terrier... Looking for another

CABANN
Where do I begin, I have one pig(named Willie), four cats, seven bunnies, three ducks, one chicken, three fish, one parakeet, and one cockatiel, oh yeah you can also add a husband thats in the dog house.

John
LOL:D

Originally posted by Mom2jal
Dogs, cats, rabbits, and birds. LOL You need something John or just takin a poll? :p

sadie01
02-17-2003, 04:26 PM
cabann...sounds like my brothers house!! But unfortunatly, his duck ( Ms. Duckie Spike) and The chicken were assulted by a HUGE hawk. They did not make it. But he has 3 big dogs, a Dane, a old english and an irish setter/ wolf mix... notto mention all the cats,rats, and fish...oh, and miss rose the big fuzzy spider... YUCK!

Angelseyes28
02-17-2003, 04:27 PM
OOH OOH I Have 2....Nikki and J.T......oh wait you said pets, not kids:p

Queensown
02-17-2003, 04:32 PM
A beautiful Lab/Australian Cattle Dog mix named Lady. =)

Mom2jal
02-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by John
LOL:D

That grin says you are up to something! :p

Syrinx
02-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Two cats, Loki and Hermione. And a husband :D

Lora_1994
02-17-2003, 04:53 PM
I have 2 dogs
a 3yr old female shepard/boxer mix named Kya and a
3month old chow mix named Bessie

2 cats ..
a pure white female .. Snowball (not sure how old) neighbors ditched her after their house burnt so we took her in.

and a calico kitten Kacie (about 7 months old)she's my inside kitty and I lovveeee her !!!lol

gobs101
02-17-2003, 04:56 PM
2 Amazon Blue face Parrots here. Chesla and Bugs.

socks1211
02-17-2003, 05:01 PM
i have 1 cAT SOCKS

miccit
02-17-2003, 05:19 PM
One lop eared bunny named Spot
A Red Eared Slider Turtle named Piglet
a Hamster named Hamtaro
and 2 Guinea Pigs named Rollie and Scavenger

sharinbo
02-17-2003, 05:23 PM
4 dogs: Cosmo (mixed breed), Luna (pit bull), Galaxy, (pit bull), and Orbit (pit bull)
2 pure black kitties, (brother and sister from the same litter):Jynx and Ivy-Rose
1 peach-faced lovebird: Emily-Ann
1 gerbil: Crash
1 Bearded Dragon: Thorne
1 Mali Uromastyx (lizard): Izzy Izbourne
and a partridge in a pear tree....well, almost, lol!

brumzoo
02-17-2003, 05:30 PM
I have:

Two cats:
Goblin (AKA The Beast)-male DMH-black-someone put him in my 6 foot privacy fenced yard when he was 5 weeks old around Halloween in 2001. He thimks he is a dog!

Punkin-female orange tabby DSH that I adopted from animal control last June. She is ANCIENT!

Seven dogs:
Nubbin-black w/ white feet & chest-female-border collie/pit bull/lab mix-will be three in May. Adopted her from the Vet School. Someone had trown her out of a moving car when she was `5 weeks old. Had horrible Demodex Mange. It was so bad that we called her "The Turkey Vulure). Extremely smart! Alpha dog in the house!

Honey- female red & tan female shepherd mix-two yrs old-Adopted from Animal Control before I worked there. Has a head full of nothing but silliness & love!

Ms. Sunshine Rae-female yellow lab mix-took her home from Animal Control to foster her & her six puppies-Animal Control adopted out all of her puppies & my husband & I adopted her! Sweet & loving!

Bella-female yellow lab/chow mix-about one & a half yrs old-someone had shot her in the side-DH & I nursed her back to health & adopted her from animal control. Smiles (shows her teeth) at you when she is happy...which is all of the time!

Godiva-female chocolate lab mix-took her home from animal control to have her puppies. She had 12 the next day!!! The last puppy was stillborn, but the rest lived & got adopted out by animal control. We adopted her b/c she had a fungal skin infection & heartworms. We got her treated for both & found out that she had also been shot in her back leg. Very sweet & laid back!

Essie Mae-APBT-~10 months old-red & white-adopted her from animal control. Some hood rat had used kitchen scissors to cut her ears off. She had a severe infection & had to stay at the veterinarian's office for weeks. She just has nubs for ears. Very loving, sweet, goofy, & active!

Lumpy-8 month old english bulldog-adopted from animal control-had severe Demodex Mange, a secondary skin staph infection, and a cherry eye. Is still undergoing treatment for Demodex, but has had his cherry eye fixed. Totally goofy!

Three parrots:
Calla-lesser sulphur crested cockatoo-6 yrs old

Cowboy-yellow head amazon-rescue case

Rosalita-female eclectus-rescue case-hates women!

Three rats, a 7 1/2 foot long red tail boa constrictor (Basil), two box turtles (Spot & Speck), one Solomon Island Prehensile Tail Skink (Adonis), one pigeon (Pidge), and two unreleaseable squirrels (Joseph Edgar & Mimi).

Also Siamese fighting fish & saltwater fish.

Phew! :p

farmmnger
02-17-2003, 05:41 PM
2 cats Socks & Purty Girl
1 Chocolate Lab-Moose
1 Calf-Baby Girl
2 Rabbits-Doe & Buck With no names yet

1busymomma
02-17-2003, 06:06 PM
I live on a farm, so I have a whole array of pets, from the chickens to the rabbits to the horse. We just got several new rabbits. The boy looks almost identical to the cadbury easter bunny and he *loves* to be carried around like a baby.Lol. His name is Chester. And then we have our beloved guinea pigs, Daisy Jane and Jenny.

newwiccan
02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
1 black and white cat (Jack Keruaoc)
1 black and tan mini-dacshund (Guinness)

Ladytiger
02-17-2003, 06:14 PM
4 cats that adopted us:
Buddy, black long hair domestic, 14 years old
Cleo(patra)-Calico tabby, 8 years old
Slinky-black something, 2 years
Baby-smoky grey something, 1 year old

*The No Vacancy sign is out now*;)

Nikkole
02-17-2003, 06:21 PM
2 cats 18 pound Gustard and my sealpoint Siamezers
1, 14 foot burmese named python Vald The Inhaler, 1, Dumeril Boa named Boa Gal shes my baby, 1, nasty Blood Python named Kaa
And one bird named birdy turdy..
I'm going to school to be a vet tech I plan to work with snakes like pythons etc..

Tasha405
02-17-2003, 06:26 PM
1 cat named Shades
1 fish named Fish

*StarDust*
02-17-2003, 07:14 PM
I only have 2 pets right now since I live in an apartment.

1 Hamster named Mouse (my son named her)

and 1 Guinea Pig we just got her 2 weeks ago and I still can't come up with a name for her.

Getting a cat and a dog when I buy a house next year.:)

twinkiesmom
02-17-2003, 07:21 PM
1 dog - Blackie
1 cockatiel - Corky

Lasher
02-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Here's my little angel Gabriel

http://www.boomspeed.com/lash/gabe.jpg

playing with my best friend Christie

http://www.boomspeed.com/lash/Pict0009.bmp

ferocious isn't he?:D
http://www.boomspeed.com/lash/kittyyawn.jpg

intimidator329
02-17-2003, 07:28 PM
1 dog- Tigger( even does the woo hoo hoo!), a 5 yr old, 70lb german shep/chow mix, my "little girl" completely SPOILED ROTTEN!!
meaner than a snake if she don't know ya, your best friend once she does. She owns us, we don't own her.:D

Blackie, 1 yr old black teddy bear hamster,
Peanut, 1 yr old golden hamster

odyssey
02-17-2003, 07:28 PM
no pets for us.
bummer.

ahippiechic
02-17-2003, 08:25 PM
We had 2 Rotties, (named Smith & Wesson) when we moved here & a chocolate-point Manx cat, (A'Kasha) but we can't have them here, so they were adopted. :( We stil get to see them, tho. But we have a trantula, his name is A'Rachne, LOL!

Isn't he cute & furry???
http://www.ahippiechic.net/images/chileanrose.jpg

Tasha405
02-17-2003, 08:43 PM
:eek: Hippie! No way would I have one of those things in my house!

peacestar
02-17-2003, 08:46 PM
I have 2 cats; red, and focus and a puppy; cheyanne.

kelblend
02-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm let's see: 1 cat, 2 hamsters, 6 fish and I think that's all. :0)

nonda
02-17-2003, 10:01 PM
2 puppies adopted last week from the shelter -- 1 black lab - male named Rikky and 1 beagle - female named Lucy a.k.a. Pretty Girl!!!

mjh341
02-17-2003, 10:19 PM
My pets...
Roscoe a 4 year old red daschaund
Harley a 10 week old mixed breed we adopted when he was 3 weeks old b/c his Mom had died. At 6 weeks he weighed 16lbs. This dog is going to be huge.
A smoke gray kitten(7 months) Smokey
A orange Tabby 2 years old Tiger
A black calico Cassie(who Roscoe shook as a kitten and needed a weekat the vets)
A tan Fancy Hamster Zipper

Sweetberries
02-17-2003, 10:28 PM
I have one cat she is a calico her name is Petunia :)

adair
02-17-2003, 10:30 PM
RASCAL the DUFUS DAWG - 10 yr old mixed breed of Basset Hound and Pitbull. He has Basset front legs and feet, Basset ears and Basset length...the rest of him is Pit (so with short front legs and long hind legs he is "going downhill" all the time).

SPOTLESS - A black and white Tuxedo domestic longhair kitty who is quite shy but loves to snuggle at night in bed. He is Rascal's "kitty" and they play during the day. If Rascal goes outside, Spotless will sit and the door and cry until he comes back in. Because of his affection to the dawg, CryBaby was brought home as a feline companion.

CRYBABY - 11 month old Maine Coon kitten that is weighing in at 13 pounds now. He likes to open cabinets and doors; and toilets are quite interesting. Tail chasing in the tub is quite the thing. CryBaby was dropped off at the animal shelter where I do volunteer work at and I fell in love with his face and personality at once.

MySonNick1
02-18-2003, 07:46 AM
I have:

1 black female Gerbil
4 Cockatiels,3 are normal grey and 1 is yellow - Cocoa, Sunny, Lady and Nosey
2 Zebra Finches (They are sitting on eggs)
6 Turtles (1 is a box turtle and the rest are water turtles)
1 Horse (her name is Jasmine)
1 dog (She is a Pug and her name is Molly)
2 Puppies (They are mixed breeds, They aren't Molly's puppies, They are Pit Bull Mixes and their names are Link and Zelda and they are both boys)
3 Adult Guinea Pigs and 4 Baby Guinea pigs (one of the moms had the 4 babies)
7 Chickens (All hens)

OOPS....Almost forgot

3 cats - 2 males, 1 female (Female-Tortishell - her name is just Kitty, Male-Siamese- His name is Smokey, Male-Orange and white)

maysie
02-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Lets see if I can list them all :)

1 Lab/Chow mix dog: Bebette
3 goldfish
1 Pigmy Goat: Princess
Rabbits:
1 Mini Rex: Curly
Netherland Dwarfs: Salty, Sobe, Bubbles, Zeke, Thunder, and 5 babies without names yet.
Cats: Little Chit, Zekers, Angel, Chubby, Precious, Tinker, Callie, Gracie, Chompers, and about 10 others that I don't know their names but the kids do.

wingsfan
02-18-2003, 07:54 AM
2 dogs--Lord Stanley(mini-schnauzer) and BooBoo(chihuahua/corgi mix
2 cats--Zorg(maine coon) and Butterball (calico)
2 parakeets--Booger & Blue
2 turtles--Squirtle & Myrtle
1 bunny--Shadow (netherland dwarf)

tiffany21
02-18-2003, 07:56 AM
ok I have a zoo here at my house. :D

7 cats
2 rats
1 turtle
32 gold fish
20 guppies
1 gecko

:) :)

lameduch27
02-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Lora_1994

and a calico kitten Kacie (about 7 months old)she's my inside kitty and I lovveeee her !!!lol

Is that the one my sis gave you?

I have 3 Leopard Geckos,,,Scooter, Hendrix, and Renten.
2 Hamsters,,,,Paula and Bobby.
1 Cat,,,,Opeth (she's EVIL,,,,lol)
And and a 29 gallon tank with 9 fish.
No more! No more!

peacestar
02-18-2003, 09:50 AM
sweetberries, my childhood pet was a calico cat named petunia! My favorite cat! I had her for about 15 years! I even had her in my senior pictures. When I went to college the vet found a tumor in her ear and they put her to sleep. :(

kelly12569
02-18-2003, 11:12 AM
3 Cocker Spaniels ...... Harley, Smooches, and Babe
2 cats.....Bootsie and Pepper

and as of last night..... 6 Guinea Pigs..... originally we had 2 , Scooby and Shaggy. But last night "Shaggy" got changed to Daphne after having 4 babies !!

;) :p :) :D :cool:

destiny333
02-19-2003, 04:37 PM
i have a bichon frise she is 5 years old- best dog in the world lol

Judy
02-19-2003, 04:44 PM
The one and only "Boo" (dog) :)

nanajoanie
02-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Have a female #90 pittbul - boxer. She is white with black polkadots. We call her a Dalmation 'wannebe'. She is 10-1/2 yrs. old.

tigerskiss1963
02-19-2003, 06:34 PM
i have 2 cats

Quaker_Parrots
02-19-2003, 07:09 PM
I have 3 quaker parrots, and 3 cockatiels (as you can tell, I love birds)

meep_meep
02-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by taybai
I have 3 quaker parrots, and 3 cockatiels (as you can tell, I love birds)

lol wanna know my love?

17 tiels....

Small Fry, Izzy, Zappy, Nibbler, Peaches, cream, Cookie, Sprinkles, Leela, Scruffy, Cinni, Pinja, Pokka, Zoidy, Owl, Wiley, and Coyote....

13 zebies...

4 unnamed chicks, Alfred, Offred, Daisy, Masy, Hazy, Larry, Curly, Moe, Twazy

9 keets...

Roadie, Henry, Sammy, Thunderstorm, Iris,Blue Sky,Jr, Roo, Periwinkle

3 Ring neck doves...

Ringo, Saturn, Paul(ie)

2 Quakers,

Arthur and Sweet Pea

2 canaries

Ziggy and Zinnia

2 blue crowned conures...

Lucky and Peppy

2 lovies....

Lemon and Lime

and finally.... One senegal (soon to be two) Oscar.

Most are rescues, but I don't believe in keeping birds single....All are handled daily(cept the finches), and are well cared (4 people live here with the birds) Soon enough though I plan on getting a small flight for the finches (they are in three HUGE cages right now)

I am still taking in some small birds... on a case by cases basis, but there is a limit to what I can handle. There has been an explosion of birds just looking for good homes, and it kills me to see the "free/cheap" ads.

and to answer your question... yes my house is a zoo- and noisy.

Its just another day in parrotdise. Amy :)

FrostyTheSnowBich
02-20-2003, 04:15 AM
I do!Her name is Haylo!:D :D :D :D :D http://members.aol.com/junknourtrunk/images/desktophaylo0001.jpg http://members.aol.com/junknourtrunk/images/cookies.bmp

Quaker_Parrots
02-20-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by meep_meep

Most are rescues, but I don't believe in keeping birds single....All are handled daily(cept the finches), and are well cared (4 people live here with the birds) Soon enough though I plan on getting a small flight for the finches (they are in three HUGE cages right now)

I am still taking in some small birds... on a case by cases basis, but there is a limit to what I can handle. There has been an explosion of birds just looking for good homes, and it kills me to see the "free/cheap" ads.

and to answer your question... yes my house is a zoo- and noisy.

Its just another day in parrotdise. Amy :)

I belong to a Quaker rescue group, but have never had the chance to rescue yet. I am with you, can't stand for any of the babies to suffer.

imdetoo
02-20-2003, 05:49 AM
2 dogs (Harley and Holly) 2 cats (Molly and Tasha) and a hamster named Kobe

blueyez37811
02-20-2003, 05:57 AM
6 dogs! Dogzilla the chihuahua, Three Legs the rottie, Duke the chow, Poopie the shephard, Sissy and Mufasa the black lab pups.

9 cats! Cookie, Rose, Hannah, Jay, Meow, Precious, Buggs, ***cat, and finally, Pretty eyed boy say Meow (yes that is his whole name)

1 parakeet "Mr Bird"

and a 55 gallon tank full of fish!

5 of my dogs are strays or dogs that were going to be dumped. I took them all in. 8 of my cats are strays I took in.

I even took in 1 stray fish...he was gonna be flushed and I couldn't let that happen. But boy is he ugly!!