PDA

View Full Version : Time for a *dumb* question ...

Jolie Rouge
02-17-2003, 03:50 PM
How do I go about mailing a letter or package to Kuwait ? Just found out a dear friend was shipped out - didn't have time to tell too many people - I have his addy, but do I need special envelopes/stamps/packaging ?

iowakat
02-17-2003, 03:57 PM
If the address is an APO etc. you don't need any special envelope or stamp.

Jolie Rouge
02-17-2003, 04:03 PM
It has an FPO

???

jayhawkfan
02-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Still nothing special but it will need a customs sticker if you send a package. The PO will have them for you to fill out :)

Jolie Rouge
02-17-2003, 04:11 PM
KEWL - thanks. We want to send him, a "Mardi Gras" package.

1busymomma
02-17-2003, 06:04 PM
That will be so neat for him to get! :D

newwiccan
02-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
KEWL - thanks. We want to send him, a "Mardi Gras" package.

Did you have to mention the "M" word? :( ;)

I hope your friend loves his package. :)

odyssey
02-17-2003, 06:15 PM
in Southern Cali Mardi Gras is foriegn at least to my family and friends. I have heard of it *not that out of the loop* but what is the reason behind it.
and WHAT Mardi Gras stuff would you send?

ty!

Jolie Rouge
02-17-2003, 06:54 PM
but what is the reason behind it.

It is an excuse to P-A-R-T-Y !

LOL

It is celebrated from Twelth Night to Fat Tuesday as the "Carnival Season" - only Fat Tuesday is the literal "Mardi Gras". Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wendsday. There are Krewes and Balls and Parades and throws and parties and music and ... go to http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/1126/postcards.html for a start.

As to what I will send, I will have to see what regs will allow. I am pretty sure a King Cake is out, but some throws & beads should be okay.

gemini26
02-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Yes, you will need to fill out a custom form. Remember that you can not send magazines with scantily clad women in it, nor anything with pork in it, nor anything with the word or a picture of Christ in it. On the custom form be real general. It has you list what is in the box. I just put snacks, toilietries, reading material. Be real general.