PDA

View Full Version : what is a facial(sp?)?

Mini
02-14-2003, 08:08 PM
sil said she was gonna give me one..and i just figured out that i have no CLUE what one is..ive heard of the word before but ive never known what one is..LOL i'm sorry but i do not do this type of girly stuff..nor do i wear makeup:eek: :D :D

jaybird
02-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Oooh facials! A good cleaning and exfoliating, pore steaming, a masque, facial massage, makeup. It depends on what your SIL has in mind. ENJOY!!!

jaybird
02-14-2003, 08:13 PM
I indulge myself once or twice a year and go to The Face & The Body Spa. Had a $150 gc I used on Super Bowl Sunday last year. This year I have a $75 gc, and I'm saving it for a full body massage. Ahhhhh.

Here's their info on facials:

http://www.faceandbodyspa.com/facials.html

1busymomma
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
O.k. I am drooling, I would love to have one! They are so relaxing. Enjoy

Judy
02-14-2003, 09:47 PM
I have never had one. But it sure would be nice :)

jaybird
02-14-2003, 09:56 PM
I've only had one facial in my life. I'd rather just take care of my own skin my own way, but there's nothing like a facial and scalp massage. Either way BSBrat, enjoy it!!!

janelle
02-15-2003, 01:31 AM
I had a facial the week before my wedding. The cosmotologist was going to do my make-up on my wedding day so she got to see my skin and see what she needed to do with the make-up. turned out great.

Then I won a facial at a school raffle but gave it to my neighbor since she had been under lots of pressure and needed the pampering.

NoFoolPrice
02-15-2003, 02:26 AM
I love facials. I occasionally go to a place in the woods, it's in a canyon, just trees and natural hot water and mineral springs, it's an old Native American site. Very luxurious, steam baths and massages and such. I rarely go there lately, but I do give myself a facial at least once a week. I always start with a peel off, exfoliating type, St Ives makes a good one for about $4 in the grocery stores, then I use a clay or mineral facial moisturizer mask that washes off, Bobbi Brown oil, and day moisturzer. My skin looks so good!
In the past, I have given a few men I was dating facials, they loved it! They had never had one and were just amazed. I also took pics while they had that green mask on.

nanajoanie
02-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Facials are to die for. But after my first one years ago, my face broke out as the impurities were coming out. So I wouldn't advise a facial within a week of a special occasion unless you've had them recently:)

MrsSpeed
02-15-2003, 03:49 PM
I think I'm going to tell hubby I want a facial for Mother's Day this year. I've never had one but I've seen several shows on Style Network and Discovery Health about them.

DeckzRealm
02-15-2003, 04:20 PM
I read the title of this thread and I was gonna walk in and post a different meaning to the term 'facial'.. but, glad I didn't and let all these ladies give the other meaning lol.. damn, I could have really buried myself lol

PrncsNYC
02-15-2003, 10:15 PM
deckzrealm,

don't feel bad, that was what I thought too! lol :o

DeckzRealm
02-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by PrncsNYC
deckzrealm,

don't feel bad, that was what I thought too! lol :o

glad to know I'm not out on that branch alone :D

jadegentle
02-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DeckzRealm
I read the title of this thread and I was gonna walk in and post a different meaning to the term 'facial'.. but, glad I didn't and let all these ladies give the other meaning lol.. damn, I could have really buried myself lol

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

to be honest, me too ;)

Danny
02-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I think a facial has something to do with a greenish blue thing a woman smears on her face and lets dry, Then they yell at you if you make them laugh (or laugh at them) and it cracks.
It is frightening

PrncsNYC
02-15-2003, 10:23 PM
yep, I have a green one and bf tries to make me laugh everytime. lol