PDA

View Full Version : Anyone believe in ghosts?

aneisu
02-14-2003, 10:00 AM
My parents told me yesterday that their neighbor is moving. This guy moved in there about 3 - 4 years ago. In that time he has had 3 wives - moved in with one, she left got another... Anyway he told my dad he is letting the house go back to the bank. My dad asked him why is he moving & he said his 3rd wife told him she really loves him, but she can't stay in the house - its haunted. Apparently his other 2 wives felt the same way and that's why they left. So, instead of losing wife #3 he decided to get another house. Then he started asking my dad if anyone had died in the house. We don't know of anyone and we knew the 2 families who lived there before and they didn't have any similar problems.

MistyWolf
02-14-2003, 10:18 AM
I do. It could be possible if he bought a piece of used furniture and moved it into that house that it is haunted by the ghost of the previous owner.

mrs.john
02-14-2003, 10:54 AM
There's a lady researching my house right now because of the things that were going on. Of course, since she started, my ghostlady hasn't been around at all :(

justbeachy
02-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes, I believe. ;)

Syrinx
02-14-2003, 11:25 AM
I do... I've been in houses rumored to be haunted, and have definitely felt a presence. Once I could have sworn that someone had walked into the room and was standing directly behind me, but when I turned around there was no one there. It didn't feel threatening, I just felt like someone was there.

I'd say it's entirely possible that there is some kind of spirit in that house, but for whatever reason the wife can sense that it's there and the husband can't. Before they go to the trouble of moving, maybe they should try politely asking it to leave.

1busymomma
02-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Yes, I do believe in them. I work in a hotel that has very strange things that go on. We call him "george" he is pretty friendly. LOl. You can ask entities to leave and from what I understand for the most part they will. I actually did research on them a while back when activity around here was going full blast.

scifiwoman
02-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Yes I do beleive. I used to work in one of the largest mental retardation facilities in the US. People had obviously died there over the years and yes there were ghosts there. Two in particular I remember hearing about. One was a girl who died. You would run into her in the halls. All you could see was her dress. Another was a guy, he used to push the nightstand up against his door at night so noone could get in. After he died that room was found many a night with the nightstand pushed up against the inside of the door. And the room was empty.

My ex MIL also lived in a house that was haunted. You could hear dishes rattle in the cabinates, hear footsteps, and one night when her brother and his wife stayed over. They were in bed and she felt him put his arm under her head so she turned over to put her arm around him. He had his back to her. They were up and out of there right then. Wouldnt even wait until morning. lol

I had a gf who was killed in an auto accident. She worked with me on third shift. Alot of times in the am she would go to her parents house and sleep before she went home as it was closer. The night she died they were in bed and heard the front door open, footsteps come down the hall, and her bedroom door shut. They got up and looked, but noone was there. That same night she died I had a fan running and it just stopped..not once but three times. I didnt find out until the next day she had died :(.

mesue
02-16-2003, 05:04 AM
It might not be the house at all but like someone else said it could be a used item he bought or someone gave him or left him. A friend of my Mom's had a sister who died he brought all of her clothes and keepsake things he wanted to keep and put them in one of the bedroom closet in his room, in the middle of the night he woke up to find the ghost of his sister trying to get in the closet she opened the door why I don't know and disappeared, he sold everything that very day to a used good store. The other possibility is that this man himself might attract ghosts, he amy have a gift he does not relize he has. My son attracts them and one came home with him. it scared him and some of his friends to death who would sometimes stay with us. I read you must not be afraid even though my son told me this spirit was evil. I got my bible and went into the bedroom opened curtains and the window and told the ghost to get out it was not welcome and it had to leave. I read the 23rd psalm and over told it it had to go and that no one here would tolerate its prescence. After 3 days of my doing this unbeknownst to my son, he was at school and I did not mention it to him, he came and told me it was gone.

Willow
02-16-2003, 07:35 AM
I definitely believe in spirits. I prefer to call them spirits. lol Even if no one ever died in a particular house that is haunted it could be because of the land. It could be because of a previous house or building that was built on the same lot or it could be because of a burial ground. I learned these things by watching Sylvia Browne. I love her. She's on Montel every Wednesday this month. This past Wednesday the show was about people who have had a presence in their home.

adair
02-16-2003, 08:31 AM
I am a believer.

sweet~n~sassy
02-16-2003, 08:36 AM
We have one that we call our little ghostie. Every once in a while we will here the pitter patter of little foot steps running through the house, coming back to our bedroom, its always at night. At first we thought it was one of our girls getting up, but then i would go check and they both would be sound asleep. We heard it last night when hubby and i were laying in bed watching tv, so i got up and checked on the girls and they were sound asleep so i came back to bed and told hubby it was our little ghostie and then i told the little ghostie that it was time for bed and all was quiet for the rest of the night.

sunie
02-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I believe in ghosts, there is a house that is said to be haunted by my great-grandfather. He always swore that no one but the family would live in this house, after he passed a way my uncle was laying in bed and heard footsteps on the stairs coming up when he looked no one was there or in the house, even now people who move in will move right back out. Then I’ve had a couple of experiences where you “feel” it and the hair rises on the back of your neck..My dad and step mom lived in this house and I couldn’t go up stairs because of the “weird” feelings of someone being behind me and watching, I found out yrs. later a teenager committed suicide up there.

:eek:

shelhop
02-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I believe. I was lying in bed one night shortly after my Great Grandmother passed away. Lying on my side, I could feel her presence standing behind me. I was too frightened to look, but somehow I knew she was there. She and I were very close, and that one episode made me a believer. I was out of state when she passed. I think she was saying goodbye.

odyssey
02-16-2003, 11:19 AM
nope don't believe.

nanajoanie
02-16-2003, 01:07 PM
I most definitely believe..... Used to live in a developement that was built over an Indian burial ground. I won't go into detail but it was most interesting and not scarey. I even ended up going to college for a couple courses to learn more about Spirits, EXP, Dreams, etc.

ginna74
02-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh I am def a believer!!!!!!! I have had some wierd experiences!!! Having the sink come on while I am doing my duty in the bathroom having the puter START and other various things that can't be explained is part. I also have that hair standing up thing. I heard what I believe my uncle after his a few days after his death at his house while we were all there. Only I heard him clearing his throat. It was loud as ever. And heard something in his closet weas wierd cause my grandma was right there. moving into the house that had a lot of "weird things" a light dimmed that a didn't have a dimming switch. I was very tired and relaxed. I was only one in house cleaning on holloween... can ya beat that lol. I ran out of the house and left everything on. Stiill moved in but had weird things happen. My parent's house has had things happen there too and they built the house. So I dunno. But I believe alright. Sense I was young I have. I just have "feelings" about stuff.