PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Find A New Place For Us To Live....

sunnydazed
02-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Looks like hubby and I may be moving after all. He is going to look first for jobs through his company on the Pacific West Coast and see what is out there. There doesn't seem to be anything open in Washington State. I feel so empty because Seattle has my heart. But we have to be prepared for this. Where are some nice cities no further than two hours or so away from the coast in Oregon and Northern California? We are looking for places with a decent cost of living and low crime rates. We have considered Hawaii also. We have my disabled parents to bring with us. (They don't even know yet.) Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thankyou!

justbeachy
02-12-2003, 01:56 PM
no help only hugs {{{{{{{sunnydazed}}}}}}}}

PrncsNYC
02-12-2003, 02:06 PM
sorry! But if you find somewhere bring me with you!

girlwithsoul
02-12-2003, 02:21 PM
What about looking in Portland? It's beautiful in that area

sunnydazed
02-12-2003, 02:26 PM
PrncsNYC, pack yer bags and come along! Hopefully we can find you a place where the ceiling doesn't leak! ;) girlwithsoul, I am looking into Portland and other parts as we speak to do a comparison. I don't think I want to live in Portland itself though. I am looking into Corvallis. Portland is very pretty! But I am already missing my Seattle.

PrncsNYC
02-12-2003, 02:29 PM
PrncsNYC, pack yer bags and come along! Hopefully we can find you a place where the ceiling doesn't leak!

heck yeah!

Gia
02-12-2003, 02:36 PM
{{{sunnydazed}}} I am afraid I have no recommendations sweetie~I was born and raised right here in Alabama~so I know nothing about any other places to live~but I wish you and your family the very best of luck and I will remember you all in my prayers :)

sunnydazed
02-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Thankyou Gia30. This isn't the worst thing that has happened to us. It just makes it more difficult with the parents in our care now. Otherwise hubby and I would pack our bags and head for Hawaii or somewhere scenic.

sunnydazed
02-13-2003, 09:25 AM
We were looking in the Oregon area yesterday, when the two available job postings were taken down. So no Oregon for now. Hubby even asked how I would feel about moving to the EAST coast! What is it like out there? I was thinking maybe in Florida. I don't know what all is out there to look foward to that could compare with Seattle. Please enlighten me all of you EAST cost BBS'ers, or those that have been there before. I don't even know what it looks like. We need ideas on good places to live that aren't outrageously expensive and that feel like they have a bit of culture. Thankyou! Your comments are really appreciated.

justbeachy
02-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by sunnydazed
We were looking in the Oregon area yesterday, when the two available job postings were taken down. So no Oregon for now. Hubby even asked how I would feel about moving to the EAST coast! What is it like out there? I was thinking maybe in Florida. I don't know what all is out there to look foward to that could compare with Seattle. Please enlighten me all of you EAST cost BBS'ers, or those that have been there before. I don't even know what it looks like. We need ideas on good places to live that aren't outrageously expensive and that feel like they have a bit of culture. Thankyou! Your comments are really appreciated.

Now you are talking my language!!!!!!!!! I live as far north east as you can get in Florida on an island. Let me know what you want to know about the east coast of Florida and I'll be happy to help. I'm sort of Florida's cheerleader being born and raised. :D

sunnydazed
02-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Great! I will pm you. Is it pretty sticky-hot in Florida?

justbeachy
02-13-2003, 11:05 AM
Yes, to be truthfully honest, it can be. If you aren't use to the humidity it can be pretty bad at first. But, I don't think it's terrible, It could be alot worse I suppose. You get used to it after awhile. :)

sunnydazed
02-13-2003, 02:00 PM
It's humid in Seattle, but cool the majority of the time, so it is tolerable. I have heard that it can get very uncomfortable in Florida. I have never been to the East Coast, so I can't compare. Are you close to Miami?

Bick'sMom
02-13-2003, 02:36 PM
well.....I have to just add my two cents here. I haven't lived here in the south for long (Alabama) but I love it here. The weather is great most of the time, it does get a little hot and sticky in the summer but nothing compared to Florida. We went there last spring and I was soooooo sunburned my face was like a balloon!

Wherever you choose I wish you the best of luck with everything!

sunnydazed
02-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Bick'sMom, can I ask which city you live in? I have a website I am going to so I can compare Seattle statistics to recommended cities. Is it really green out there with lots of trees?

Bick'sMom
02-13-2003, 03:04 PM