PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been told that you....

freebiegrl22
02-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Resemble a celebrity?

If so, who are you told you look like?

I get told that I look like Drew Barrymore, which of course is farthest from the truth, but it sure is nice to hear...lol

nonda
02-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Goldie Hawn......isn't that a hoot????????

eeigh33
02-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Kirstie Allie...which is ok with me...I have also been told I resemble Kathy Ireland....So, I guess it is that general "look' or facial shape....

CABANN
02-09-2003, 06:55 PM
I have never been told that I look like a star but a long time ago my ex and I were at the movies and a teenager came up to him asking for his autograph thinking that he was Weird Al. I about peed my pants laughing. And my hubby has been told that he looks like Abe Lincoln.

PrncsNYC
02-09-2003, 06:55 PM
the chick from Garbage...I hate that esp. when everyone tries to say they think she is hot and that it is a compliment. I get Drew as well! Alot of people think I sound like her too. whatever! lol

Ladytiger
02-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Catherine-Zeta Jones..umm, yeah right:confused:

PrncsNYC
02-09-2003, 06:58 PM
m bf gets Tom Cruise all the time. Drives me nuts!

eeigh33
02-09-2003, 07:01 PM
CABANN....you so have me cracking UP (Abe Lincoln")!!!!!!!!!! love it!

socks1211
02-09-2003, 07:28 PM
well my ex looks like matt brodereck?

kelblend
02-09-2003, 08:11 PM
I was told I looked like Madonna on a tv guide a year or so back. lol NOT! My husband is constantly being told he looks like Tim Mattheson.

Tasha405
02-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Someone once told me that I looked like Candace Cameron (from Full House). I didn't think so, but I thought it was a nice compliment. :)

KrystallizedFlame
02-09-2003, 08:28 PM
My ex looks like exactly like John Anderson only shorter.:eek:

latestdish
02-09-2003, 08:29 PM
This is a really good one...Jac. Kennedy.

gaven&blakesmom
02-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Christina Ricci and my husband Dermot Mulroney.

eeigh33
02-09-2003, 08:54 PM
I find this thread quite entertaining! My best friend has posed this question for years.....to those she meets..kind of an "icebreaker" type question.... Anyway, it was bought up today during our "bar-shopping" excursion....I love it! Glad you posed the question!

Ooops...well, it is more of a question of "Who would you want to play you in a movie...based on your life?" But, it is the same basic idea....

GuineaBaby
02-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Nope, no celebrity resemblance here. I do look like my sister though. :P

Hilary, my best friend, looks like Drew Barrymore. People at school used to tease her about it. Hil's face is a bit more rounded though.

My old government and economics teacher looked like Matthew Broderick, mostly when he was in that movie, "Election" and played the pervert (this teacher was a bit...um...freaky).

And my math professor that I have now, Mr. Weber, looks like the guy from the ameritrade commercial. THe one where the kid says his dad owns nike, but joe compton owns only like 0.000015% and the dad walks up (that's the guy who looks like him) and goes "Jelly bean?" The only difference is Mr. Weber's cheeks aren't so prominent. It cracks me up!

And I guy I went to high school with looks like Elijah Wood, but only in a Deep Impact sense.

jaybird
02-09-2003, 08:56 PM
<-<-<---looks like Mimi from the Drew Carey show.

Ladytiger
02-09-2003, 08:59 PM
LMAO@Jaybird, yeah right!

Judy
02-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Cousin It (From the Munsters) ;)

Lizerella
02-09-2003, 09:17 PM
prople say i look like ricki lake (before she lost weight)....:D

DEARDOROTHY
02-09-2003, 09:27 PM
My husband is constantly being told he looks like Tim Mattheson.

Wouldn't mind being married to someone who looks like him kelblend! :D

People used to say I looked like Meryl Streep. ROFLMAO :p You can judge for yourself if you want. My pix is still posted on the RewardTV site. LOL

denisemm
02-10-2003, 12:30 AM
I could have sworn I replied to this, but I dont see a reply from me!

When I was younger I got that I look like a young Jodi Foster, now I have gotten Julianne Moore. I don't believe either, but I do take them as compliments.

Hubby would be something like Jason Alexander or John Lovitz.

Peri
02-10-2003, 02:37 AM
My husband is a dead-on double for Patrick Swayze. Shhh. Don't let him hear me say that, because you know, I'd never let him hear me admit it. When I first met him, I'd won tickets on the radio to see Dirty Dancing and I took a girlfriend. I'd seen P.S. in movies before, but 1) he never looked as good before as he did in Dirty Dancing and 2) I wasn't dating anyone who looked like him. LOL I told my g/f, "Oh my god, you're not going to believe this, but the guy I'm dating? He looks *just like him!" and she kinda shrugged and said "Oh well, he's not that goodlooking." (Too funny, her reaction.) Anyway, it was kinda fun at first, but after a while it got to be a *real drag. I'm not kidding. Everything from a group of girls following him around in a video store whispering about whether or not it was him and daring each other to go up to him, when I was 8 months FAT pregnant with our first child, to a family celebration when my sister graduated high school and we'd gone out for pizza, and one of the girls from the back in the kitchen comes out, interupts our dinner, and says "Excuse me, but the rest of the girls back there are making me do this. Are you Patrick Swayze?" I was like, "Uh, yes, EXCUSE YOU. We're having dinner here." but hubby was all grinning and eating it up. And it still happens, even to this day. I see a woman heading toward us and I just groan because I know what she's going to say. Too bad hubby isn't into gymnastics and stunts, I could have gotten him a job as his stunt double, we could use the money. LOL

As for me, I've been told I look like Alison Kraus (when my hair was darker and she was chubbier, not thin like she is now), but my kids all say I look like HotLips/Loretta Swit. They were watching a M*A*S*H rerun with me last year, and my 3 yr old said "Mommy, that's you on TV!" and started grinning, I couldn't figure out what she meant till the other girls started saying "Oh my gosh, that does look like you Mom." Too funny, but I took it as a compliment.

Dolly<3
02-10-2003, 05:19 AM
I don't look like any celebrities (that I know of) but I think I'm pretty "common." People are always coming up to me thinking I'm someone else and my friends ALWAYS tell me, "OMG I saw someone that looked EXACTLY like you!!" I guess none of my look-alikes are famous.

My sister looks like Tiffany Amber Thiessen the most, but she resembles a lot of celebrities. (Xena, Courtney Cox, etc) So I guess she's like I am, but all of her look-alikes are famous.

BeesKnees
02-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Sometimes I get Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched fame and sometimes it is the girl from Third Rock From the Sun, Kristen Johnston.
Sort of see it, but would kill for the height and legs that the 3rd rock lady has . :D

Gia
02-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by jaybird
<-<-<---looks like Mimi from the Drew Carey show.

You guys Don't let {{{Jaybird}}} fool you for a second~She is absolutely Beautiful~~~Inside and Out!! She truly is~

Love you Janel :)

IggysGirl
02-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Soliel Moone Frye, just wish I had her breasts!

nooshu
02-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Meg Ryan or Linda Purl(Matlock's daughter, I think) I don't see either of them, but I get told it alot.

girlwithsoul
02-10-2003, 08:36 AM
I've gotten Cristina Ricci (think Addams Family and Casper days) and Winona Ryder.

I've actually had people (complete strangers) stop me to tell me how much I look like one or the other. Strange.

I don't think I look like either but, like everyone else has said, it's a nice compliment.

sunnydazed
02-10-2003, 09:28 AM
I've been told that I resembled Connie Seleka (anyone know who she is?) in my thinner days.

Gia
02-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sunnydazed
I've been told that I resembled Connie Seleka (anyone know who she is?) in my thinner days.

She is an Actress and VERY beautiful (I think so anyway) She is married to John Tesh

http://www.manmademultimedia.com/magazine/features/disneycal/johntesh_connieselica.jpg

Jcowgirl77
02-10-2003, 11:29 AM
julie roberts all the time and to me i dont thinks so i dont have her big lips for one but people tell me that all the time i have no idea why. it drives me nuts

Jolie Rouge
02-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Salley Fields - somewhere between "Gidget" & "Steel Magnolias"

Gia
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
People have said I look like Lee Ann Rimes~and when I was much younger and thinner (LOL...LONG time ago) I was told I looked like Ann Jillian :) Personally ..I don't think I look like either

Xica
02-10-2003, 05:04 PM
I was told I look like Madonna (in her younger years). I don't see it, but ok. :)

GuineaBaby
02-10-2003, 06:08 PM
My dad has been approached by people thinking he's famous (I guess he looks it). He's really tall and noticable.

I think my mom looks like Jodi Foster, especially in Panic Room. Dawn and I both think so. ^_^

Queensown
02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
A young Sally Field. =) ?!?

Queensown
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
Salley Fields - somewhere between "Gidget" & "Steel Magnolias"

Woah LOL! I didn't even see your reply when I listed mine. =)

Now I wonder if we look alike? =)

bruiser
02-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I used to get Allison from Melrose Place alot (Courtney Thorne Smith)... It actually irritated me a little cuz although she is pretty, I thought she was the plainest looking character on that show! lol Of course that was more than a few years ago. If someone said it to me now I would be (overly) flattered... lol:p

stresseater
02-11-2003, 01:09 AM
I had a teacher who kept telling me I looked like Barbra Feldon. For the puppies on the board( nothing against puppies I wish I was still one;) ;) ) Barbra played agent 99 on Get Smart.

mesue
02-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by CABANN
I have never been told that I look like a star but a long time ago my ex and I were at the movies and a teenager came up to him asking for his autograph thinking that he was Weird Al. I about peed my pants laughing. And my hubby has been told that he looks like Abe Lincoln.

too funny, my hubby has never been asked for his autograph but back when he had long hair and a beard, we took my brother to detox, it was late at night and the nurse would not unlock the door and went back and got a whole emsemble of security guards and other nurses to come back with her, she thought my hubby who was with us would be the patient and was scared because she said he looked just like Charles Manson, my brother loved it and whenever he was with my husband and he would run into friends he would introduce my hubby to them as Charlie Manson, they didn't tell me the joke and imagine my surprise when some people pulled into the driveway and tooted the horn and asked if Charlie was home, I told them no one lived here by that name and they said thats his truck right there and Charlie Manson does live here too. I laughed until I was in tears realizing they were really thinking my hubbies real name was Charles Manson. Since hes gotten older and cut the hair and trimmed the beard everyone says he looks like Kenny Rogers.

chyna123
02-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Well I havent been told anything really but now my husband has been told on several occasions that he look just like Billy Ray Cyrus The country music singer...

MommyG3
02-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Not me, but Hubby looks like Mel Gibson in his younger days.

I just look like my preacher's daughter.

MrsSpeed
02-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I've been told I look like Meryl Streep. Sometimes I see it. I can't watch a movie with her in it cause I just stare at her and wonder. LOL!! What do you think?

gypsy1
02-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Jenifer Anderson