PDA

View Full Version : Craft help please

wubbywa
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I need some sites to visit for craft projects. Now I need ideas that are low cost,that will interest both boys/girls,age 12-15 special education class. I was thinking something with beads, picture frames or bottles,candles. I was also wondering does anyone know how to make the valentines day candles that have the little heart candies in them? I hope someone can help me. I have tried different craft sites and they are either to young or difficult or $$$.

wubbywa
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
yes but there isnt much there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ladytiger
02-09-2003, 06:59 PM
www.michaels.com
www.joannfabrics.com
www.about.com (look for the craft that you are looking for)
I have more in my favotites, I will post them later:(

2chevys
02-09-2003, 08:03 PM
How about a nice picture frame. You can find all sizes at the dollar store. Paint the frames with a pearlescent white or cream and glue on shells (also at the dollar store sometimes) and pearls. Then have them bring in a picture of themselves at the beach or lake to put into the frame.

Another picture frame dress up is to use mod podge. Have them cut out pictures from catalogs and magazines using a theme. Use frames with a 1-2 inch border and then mod podge the pictures on and them cover with 2-3 more coats of mod podge.

Make their own pinata's. Use balloons, newspaper and white glue. Start with a round balloon and dip 2 inch wide strips of newspaper into the glue and place them onto the balloon. Place layers and layers on until about 1/4 inch thick. If you want animals you add heads, legs and tails out of cardboard and cover with paper mache or paint. You can also have them make the solar system this way. o fill with candy cut a whole into the top about 2 inches round and leave a flap then re-seal.

2chevys
02-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Have them weave their own placemat. Use construction paper and cut into 1 inch strips. Make some 12 inches long and others 18 inches. This type of project needed lots of supervision at the 3rd grade level as it's not as easy as it seems. They can get any color combination and start with 12-18inch strips lined up and then taped with low adhesive masking tape. Weave the 12 inch strips over and under until all done. Carefully tape the back and then laminate. We did these in red white and pink for Valentines. Very low cost!

Use cookie cutters to trace and cut shapes for valentines. Also use paper doilys, glitter, stamps and have them make valentines for mom/dad/grandparents. Also use fancy papers, ribbons, small beads etc.

wubbywa
02-10-2003, 04:27 PM
tHANKS GUYS I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER. I WAS THINKING PICTURE FRAMES BECASUE YOU CAN BUY THE CLEAR PLASTIC ONES CHEAP AND USE BEAD,SHELLS BUTTONS ETC.

mesue
02-11-2003, 01:19 AM
http://www.hgtv.com/

odyssey
02-11-2003, 08:13 AM
bumping for you, maybe some others have help ideas.

good luck

gypsy1
02-11-2003, 04:17 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/mac/crafts/otherholidays.html