PDA

View Full Version : Bush is about to speak

PrncsNYC
02-06-2003, 02:29 PM
they jsut interupted days of our lives to say he should be coming on soon..

chort1313
ty.. will turn it on to cnn...

PrncsNYC
on now.

chort1313
02-06-2003, 02:39 PM
nice and short, eh?

treasurymae
02-06-2003, 02:53 PM
The game is up.......... saddam.

I agree with bush totally

scifiwoman
02-06-2003, 02:54 PM
yep.. Saddam WILL be stopped..his final statement.

sadie01
02-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Um, ok, so are we going to war now, or later? I'm at work, so I have no clue...

PrncsNYC
02-06-2003, 03:24 PM
sadie01...by the end of the month

schsa
02-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I don't like it. If the UN isn't behind us 100%, we are fighting a lost battle. I just don't like it.

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
I know it's coming. I just can't handle talking about it. :(

I know what you mean FBH. It's got me on edge. I refuse to watch CNN.

sadie01
02-06-2003, 03:46 PM
I have a very dear and close friend who will end up going. I am very sad now. I was to see him on the 21st of Feb, maybe not now.

Merryg
02-06-2003, 03:47 PM
You know they say how history always repeats itself. I can remember reading and hearing about fears of nuclear attacks, bomb shelters and even small pox. Thought all that was just a page in the histoyr books. Now I'm a mother and am soooo concerned of what's to come of my childrens future. What do they have to look forward to? I now know the fear of the unknown as it pertains to war and all of the what if's. Prayer has gotten me through some sleepless nights. Sounds like there will be many more sleepless nights to come.

scifiwoman
02-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I think by his speech he was trying to put pressure on the security council to go his way. I dont think he will make any final decisions until they make their decision. If it doesnt go his way.. who knows. A scary time for us all.

mannerswife
02-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I think Bush is hoping they will follow him but I have this feeling that we are going to war no matter what. He seems too mad and too determined now to turn back.I am also very sad just thinking about it.

clixter40
02-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Apparently, he's going to do what he wants to do no matter what conclusions the UN comes to. So much for unity and strength in numbers:

PREAMBLE TO THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED NATIONS
----------------------------------------------------------------------
WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and
to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and
to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

AND FOR THESE ENDS
to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and
to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and
to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and
to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS
Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.

The Charter of the United Nations was signed on 26 June 1945, in San Francisco, at the conclusion of the United Nations Conference on International Organization, and came into force on 24 October 1945.