PDA

View Full Version : The curse of brushing out newly-washed (and tangled) LONG HAIR

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:27 PM
I've been using Lanza Rebalance® Leave-In Conditioner on my baby-fine hair for many years. I don't use alot of it because it is e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e. Mine is very oily, so I have to be careful about using too much. :p Anyone else here have baby-fine long hair? What do you use to detangle it?
http://members.ivwnet.com/curious@ivwnet.com/GOGO/bFRIGHT-HAIR.gif

scifiwoman
02-06-2003, 02:28 PM
ok dont laugh now... but heard that freebie for detangling horses manes works great on human hair too.. :D Might be worth a try?

BeesKnees
02-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Infusium 23 , diluted w/ water and put in a spray bottle. My hair is very fine too, very straight and if I use any leave in conditioner full strength, my hair ends up looking like stringy spaghetti noodles.

I have also been known to use my son's Suave spray detangler in a pinch.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Hmm. My hair's an 1 1/2" long at the longest part. Can't help ya Tytie, but I can do this...

POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!...infinity...

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:41 PM
P.S. I have a cure for you.

Scissors. :D

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Hmm. My hair's an 1 1/2" long at the longest part. Can't help ya Tytie, but I can do this...

POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!...infinity...

Ya sonofagun. :D How ya been JB, how's Sparky the Wonder Computer? ;) Get your Incredimail back on?

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Yes I do, and I owe a gazillion emails. Want me to fly out and TRIM your locks for ya? ;)

justbeachy
I can't offer you a solution only empathy since I have long, thick, curly hair but best of luck to ya.

Tyt Budget
Originally posted by scifiwoman
ok dont laugh now... but heard that freebie for detangling horses manes works great on human hair too.. :D Might be worth a try?

You are joking. :eek:

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Yes I do, and I owe a gazillion emails. Want me to fly out and TRIM your locks for ya? ;)

Only if we get to go out, drink beer, shoot pool, and talk trash all night JB. ;)

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Sarah used to swear by the horse and tail shampoo and detangler. Many of her friends with long hair will use only it. And it's dirt cheap at WalMart.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I've also had her tell me that a couple girls in her classes use a dab of fabric softener in a cup of water for a final rinse.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Keeps the wrinkles down too!

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
LOL Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mane & Tale Conditioner. I used to use it years ago..... It was great. I don't know how I got started on the other one. But my sis still uses the Mane & Tale conditioner.

Now this can't be serious FBH. :p

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:49 PM
I've also had her tell me that a couple girls in her classes use a dab of fabric softener in a cup of water for a final rinse.

Madame you exceed yourself! LOL

Fabric softener?

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BeesKnees
Infusium 23 , diluted w/ water and put in a spray bottle. My hair is very fine too, very straight and if I use any leave in conditioner full strength, my hair ends up looking like stringy spaghetti noodles.

I have also been known to use my son's Suave spray detangler in a pinch.

BK, does that make your hair oily?

scifiwoman
02-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey..you asked..lol

btw dont let jb near you with those scissors :eek: lol

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Just wack it off Tytie. Much less hassle. 5 minutes from shower to door. ;)

BeesKnees
02-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Not if I cut about 50 percent w/ water. And then just lightly mist it on the tangles. ONLY on the tangles, so I spray as I go instead of squirting my whole head first.
I avoid my scalp, where it gets oily, as much as possible and spray more from the middle to the ends.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 02:54 PM
There's a spray on, after shampooing detangler too. TRY the horsey stuff. But if you start neighing and bucking & craving hay, stop use immediately.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry. Just had to come back and say I have this really skeery image of Tytie the Ponygirl.
:eek:

I'm leaving now and getting a lobotomy.

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Gulp.

Sorry, are we . . . are we at war?

Disregard. Disregard.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Only war is my scissors and your hair. ;)

jaybird
02-06-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm disregarding your post so disregard my reply. Bush can't declare war.

schsa
02-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Go to the Kids section at WalMart and buy their brand detangler for kids hair. My hair knots to no end. You don't have to use tons of it and it really helps! Especially if your hair is really long, you can start at the bottom and work your way up, without having to put tons of it on your scalp.

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
LOL I am serious. It does really work. My Dad says the reason why is that it is 100% protein. Nothing but good for the hair. :) If you look at Walmart, some of them actually have it sitting in the HBA Section with the other shampoos because of the demand for it. :)

Well strip my gears and call me shiftless. :eek: All protein eh?

Well since I just recovered from the scare of the year, here's a little beauty supply humor for everyone:

I use very little of this Lanza product. It's quite good, I have no complaints — with the exception of the price: $26 for a 34-oz. bottle. :(

So I go down to the Beauty Supply store to get a bottle. It has gone up $4 since I last bought it. The woman says, "We have a promotion going on now, and I can sell you the Lanza for $20 if you'll get their shampoo with it." I said how much is the shampoo. She says "Well that's the great thing, they'll give you the shampoo free. So you'll only pay $20."

So I tell her, "Great. Just keep the shampoo and I'll get the Lanza for $20."

"Oh no! I can't do that! You have to take the shampoo also!"

I said, "Do you understand that I'm saying, basically, that I'm going to give you back the shampoo and you can sell it to someone?"

"Oh no! I can't do that! You have to take the shampoo also!"

Worried expression. Deep concentration. "I'm just not sure I can do that."

"Try," I said. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm disregarding your post so disregard my reply. Bush can't declare war.

Edgy JB. Thanks for the reminder. Tytie gives JB a smoochypoo and a hug.

jaybird
02-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Was she of light hair? :D

jaybird
02-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Tyt Budget
Edgy JB. Thanks for the reminder. Tytie gives JB a smoochypoo and a hug.
Gonna give ya a little lesson in life according to dabirdy:

Don't worry about things that are out of your control and that you have no power over. Don't attempt to be the caretaker and police of the world. Take care of you and those around you. Don't sweat the small stuff...and in the ultimate scheme of life, it's all small stuff.

I don't worry. I gave it up before I even got good at it.
(((((TytieFrytie)))))
:D

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Was she of light hair? :D

Oh, very droll JB, very droll LOL. She was extremely concerned. :D

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BeesKnees
Not if I cut about 50 percent w/ water. And then just lightly mist it on the tangles. ONLY on the tangles, so I spray as I go instead of squirting my whole head first.
I avoid my scalp, where it gets oily, as much as possible and spray more from the middle to the ends.

BK I have found it works better to massage-in a small bit on the ends. If I mist it it just goes everywhere. :p

sugar206
02-06-2003, 04:14 PM
I make my own and it works great. Just take a nickel sized bit of regular conditioner and put it in a spray bottle and add water. Shake it before each use. It is just like the expensive detanglers but a whole lot cheaper.

scifiwoman
02-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Well Tyt, are you detangled yet. :D lol

chort1313
02-06-2003, 04:48 PM
I also use the equate brand from walmart. I have thick hair, though.. It should work for fine and thin, also!

miccit
02-06-2003, 04:49 PM
I am almost afraid to post here.

We use Paul Mitchell DeTangler on my daughter's hair. She has very wavy, thick, dry hair. It works wonders. It isn't the cheapest stuff, but a little dab will do ya!

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by scifiwoman
Well Tyt, are you detangled yet. :D lol

My hair? Or my brain? :p

So none of you use Lanza. Hmmmmmmm. http://members.ivwnet.com/curious@ivwnet.com/GOGO/12937.gif

gemini26
02-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I have long, thick hair and swear by Clairol 5x conditioner. I use it and just comb my hair and there is very little knots.
Tyt- clear your pm mailbox please.

TheLtsLady
02-06-2003, 05:32 PM
LMBO!:D :D :D
Thanks jaybird and Tytie:D
.....now I have an urge to go out and buy the horse
stuff LOL just out of curiosity.:eek:

Tyt Budget
02-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by gemini26
I have long, thick hair and swear by Clairol 5x conditioner. I use it and just comb my hair and there is very little knots.
Tyt- clear your pm mailbox please.

Sorry Gemini. All clear.